• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Donald Trump's Myers-Briggs Type

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Asserting the same statement without any evidence of such, does not make your opinion anymore accurate.

I am T and have values and compassion ;) my dad is a T and has values and compassion. My ex father in law is a T and has values and compassion. I know Fs who are so "me" based they have no values or compassion.

Your logic is so high level stereotypical you may hit the board 50% of the time and still think..."damn, i nailed it"

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is Trump...you cannot simply base it off him completely right this second.

rav3n

Of course a T can have all three but there can't be an absence of all three in Fs.

I am T and have values and compassion ;) my dad is a T and has values and compassion. My ex father in law is a T and has values and compassion. I know Fs who are so "me" based they have no values or compassion.

Your logic is so high level stereotypical you may hit the board 50% of the time and still think..."damn, i nailed it"
Apparently, you missed this post. :doh:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Apparently, you missed this post. :doh:

You must have missed my line where i said that Fs can have that absence of all 3 just as much as a T can. Ts and Fs have both have a heart that is compassion, empathy...thats a function of growth and nurture, not T vs F. An F can have just as much a hardened heart as a T can. I find it utterly fascinating how F like Ts from india are. They make our america Ts look like heartless assholes.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He sounds like a broken record for 30 years. He is livng in the moment right now and is floundering pathetically. This is all new to him, this is him "im the moment". He is trying to back out and plan and put together plans and all these leaks are rotally botching "in the moment".

They are laughing even more at us now sadly

Jaguar

1. He has no values, compassion or empathy so T.
  2. A T can have values, compassion, and empathy. It's called being human.
  3. Of course a T can have all three
  4. And back to the starting point: "He has no values, compassion or empathy so T" is still a bunch of bunk.
  5. Asserting the same statement without any evidence of such, does not make your opinion anymore accurate.

The point is a T can have values, compassion and empathy. Period. You admitted it in quote 3 which contradicts quote 1.
Not everyone enters a discussion to win something, cupcake. Some of us are in it for the meat. The knowledge. Truth.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
T or F are irrelevant, values are irrelevant, because he seems to be a narcissist and possibly a sociopath.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't think he is sociopathic, at all. He seems like a mildly malignant narcissist.

Jaguar

DONALD TRUMP IS the only American capable of living completely in the present.
Not “present” in the psychotherapeutic sense of “mindfulness,” but the actual, temporal, chronological present. The moment that exists literally momentarily — and disappears. The fleeting now. The space where any serious consideration of the past or the future is completely immaterial.

Trump fascinates and attracts precisely because he is completely unburdened by the past and freed from concerns for the future. No amount of failure, either personal or professional, weighs upon him. He is, in this sense, the anti-Nixon. He shows zero concern for verifiable history. His bankruptcies and divorces don’t matter to him — so why should they matter to his supporters? He has zero guilt and even less shame. He doesn’t flip-flop or waffle or reverse himself because when you exist completely in the present, as he does, nothing occurring previously holds any consequence.

Trump is trapped in the moment - The Boston Globe

burningranger

Ambience seeker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
WHenever I think of Trump now....I can't get this off my head :

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pretty clearly. He's definitely not an N, he works off sensate information and not necessarily a true big picture, not like an N does.

Did you know that "sensate" means anything sensed including illusions and hallucinations?

biohazard

Permabanned
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think he is ESTP / SLE-Ti and 7w8 sp/so

5280Meg

MBTI Type
ENTJ
ENTJ Emotional Reactions

Yes, actually a person who is an ENTJ would say that! Whenever the competency is attacted, hurt and even anger are common reactions to the ENTJ.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The unhealthiest types of ESTJs tend to operate with a warped or highly imbalanced Extraverted Thinking function. They tend to appear as dominating, aggressive, controlling, and confrontational. They like to be in charge, but when in charge they become the strictest micro-managers, seeing their way as the only “right” way and ignoring other alternatives or perspectives. They see things in extremely black and white contexts, jump to conclusions quickly, and are insensitive towards others. They may pride themselves on “saying it like it is” and may feel that this is simply honesty and therefore a trait to be admired. However, there’s a certain pride in their “no-holds barred” criticism, and they can walk all over other people and their feelings without care or concern.

A lot of this behavior stems from extremely repressed Introverted Feeling (Fi). Fi is very aware of values, identity, adherence to espoused values, and one’s own inner conscience or “gut feeling” of what’s right or wrong. When the ESTJ represses this too extensively they can resist seeing how their actions go against their own values and what they say they believe in. They see self-analysis and introspection as a weak or time-wasting characteristic that’s better off ignored.

ESTJs who fall into this category have usually not had a healthy childhood or background with which to develop an understanding of others or their other cognitive functions. Either they were left to their own devices without any good instruction or examples to draw from, or they were abused or belittled and had to play ego-defensive survival games to try to get by or survive. Keep in mind, the description here is a rather extreme example. Many unhealthy ESTJs won’t show up in this negative of a light.

ESTJs can also develop a warped or imbalanced use of their auxiliary function, Introverted Sensing (Si). When this happens, they become obsessed with sticking to what they know, rapidly closing off alternate viewpoints and perspectives. They may become deeply upset by change or they may become focused on seeing impracticalities in others. They may become so tied to their own personal, subjective experience that they discount other people’s experiences or are unwilling to see other perspectives. Healthy Si is very aware of details, facts, sense-impressions, and important memories. It is practical, responsible, and highly attuned to changing patterns. Unhealthy Si feels that everything needs to fall in adherence with one’s own subjective experience of how things have always been.

When an ESTJ is in a Te-Ne loop, they are unable to effectively access their introverted functions, Si and Fi. During these times, they become obsessed with possibilities, but often in a negative light. They may see a million ways things could go wrong and try to “jump in” and fix them as quickly as possible without looking at the facts or taking the time to carefully observe the situation internally. They may have a difficult time prioritizing or reaching their goals and they may take hasty action on strange, intuitive whims without really understanding where their premonitions are coming from. This can be a very stressful stage for them as they feel more and more frustrated by their inability to organize, plan, and decide as effectively as they usually do.

It’s important for ESTJs who realize they’re in a Te-Ne loop to get healthy access to Si. Take some time to enjoy some peace and quiet and reflect on an experience you enjoy. Find a favorite activity that you’ve always enjoyed, whether it’s a crossword puzzle or cooking a certain meal, and repeat that process. Give yourself time to “introvert” and do some no-pressure detail-oriented project. Getting Si back into the picture will help you regain composure and get out of a loop.

ESTJs who are normally level-headed, friendly, objective, logical, and productive can become increasingly withdrawn, emotional, hyper-sensitive, and fall prey to a “martyr” complex. They may misinterpret small, insignificant details into personal attacks and feel that everyone is against them. Physically, they tend to feel tension in their shoulders, neck, and head as they hold in stress.

5th/Introverted Thinking:

The 5th function is called “the opposing role” and that’s because it lies in opposition to the dominant function. In the case of the ESTJ, introverted thinking lies in opposition to extraverted thinking. They may use Ti to oppose other people or to argue with themselves. They can become stubborn about models and principles they’ve created, categorizing everything in an overly-simplistic manner. At times, they can use Ti in an effective way, knowing which principle is the best one for a given situation.

6th/Extraverted Sensing:

The 6th function bears the title of “critical parent” and that’s because it tends to be a way that we criticize ourselves or others. ESTJs who are using Se in the critical parent role can become stuck on perceived “facts” to block other people’s actions or they can get caught up in the moment and become unusually impulsive. They may criticize themselves or others for being “out of touch with reality” or not in tune with their surroundings.

At times, ESTJs can use Se in a positive way and can have astute observations about reality and make arguments that are realistic and convincing. They can respond in the moment quickly and with a strong attention to current-moment details.

7th/Introverted Intuition:

The 7th function bears the title of “trickster” and that’s because it protects the tertiary function (in the case of the ESTJ, Ne) from ego-attacks by others. It does this by catching people in double-binds or creating unwinnable traps for other people. ESTJs attempting to “harness” Ni often envision how something will or won’t work out and then ignore signs to the contrary. They may get a sense of knowing that something will play out a certain way and be unable to see alternate views. They may become overly negative, seeing only disaster, or overly confident, seeing only how something will succeed.

At times, ESTJs can experience Ni in a positive way, having strong moments of foresight and appreciating symbolism or hidden meanings.

8th/Extraverted Feeling:

The 8th function bears the title of “demon” and that’s because it’s the most destructive and unconscious of all the ESTJ’s cognitive functions. ESTJs tend to repress Fe excessively and devalue it in others. They may not particularly care how other people feel about them or they may ignore the emotional needs of others. When they are influenced by Fe, they may become overly-accomodating to other people’s needs and, in exchange, feel put upon or taken advantage of. They may become overly-concerned with how other people feel about them.

Still say ESTJ

Dashy CVII

MBTI Type
INTJ
When you have a definite understanding of how the cognitive functions work from the human brain, ie. the essential difference between an Extroverted function vs Introverted function, then I think Trump's type will become one of the more obvious or stand-out ones.

ESTJ.

What's the inherent nature of each of his 4 functions? Ne goes Extraverted to base intuition on the momentary situation, Si goes Introverted to base itself on one's detached reflections (Si concrete memory.) There's nothing markedly Ni-Se anywhere in him, See functions {1 2 3} it's all about Ne-Si with him. He would be the worst example of what Se-Ni really is that we'd find.

Te goes Extraverted to base itself on the momentary situation, Te is precisely what he does for a living. If he has any real Ti maps to show us that he devises on his own clock, then Te is still stronger. Trump is what Te primaries look like. He has little Feeling for the situation (Fe,) whatever there is put on as an ulta-inferior defense mechanism for himself from dealing with the public (Fi.) Everything with him is Situation-oriented Logic that holds no true maps or system catalogs he goes Internally with (Ti), Te is a way of acting to appropriately fit the external moment to a logical program of behavior or rationale; to a given situation. Xe is one's dynamic personality for the external situation. See functions {1 2 3}. Nothing "Se" going on here. We know what Se is, it is what it is: a Perception function (Se concrete immersion) always tied to a Judgement function.

As far as dichotomies, E-S-T-J, I don't think Trump is a J in the stereotypical sense, but in the Jungian and Lenore Thomsion sense (like that one link in my signature), J fits with the cognitive functions TeSi as they actually manifest, one extravertedly, and one introvertedly.

Perhaps if we go by just common dichotomies, then one would arrive at ESTP, but that typing doesn't really work.

Turi

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think he's pretty clearly ESTP and he's basically the posterboy for the MBTI 16 "ESTP" ie Se-Ti at that.

The argument for him being a Te lead is defeated by the simple fact that Trump doesn't care about what makes external logical sense, he doesn't include other people in his decisions, he doesn't look outwards towards what is going to be accepted as logical - Trump looks within Trump for his decisions - meaning, his decision making process is introverted, and he looks at what makes the most sense to him - though, he does have a very solid understanding of what will have the most impact with regards to the wider social spectrum of Feeling so it's not like his F is non-existent - and, it's clearly extraverted.

That said though, does Trump actually make decisions in accordance with social values? Nope. Like I said. Trump looks to Trump for his decisions.
Ergo, his introverted Thinking is preferred over his extraverted Feeling.

With regards to S/N - there's not a whole lot to talk about here, N is obviously his biggest flaw - he can't see what's coming, he simply can not connect the dots and project his imagination into the future - he is the posterboy for the silly MBTI "Se" stereotypes whereby someone is so wrapped up in the present moment they can't see anything else.

Trump gathers too much information than he knows what to do with, hence why so many things he says are untrue or have a very very tiny amount of truth in them - so he's gathering real-world facts, but he's not making any sense of them at all, he's not comprehending and understanding the information.
So due to the above, I place him as Se over Si - Si types, due to introversion, mull over known information *more than* people preferring to take in more and more and more information (Se/Ne).

So for the reasons above, Trump is a stock-standard MBTI 16 types SeTi type, imo.
His information gathering process is Sensation, and it is extraverted - this is cross-checked with an inferior intuition that is found within him failing to project anything into the future, he can't do anything non-tangible, there's a huge disconnect between Se and Ni with this guy.