First 78910 Last

Thread: Thom Yorke

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

He's also direct in his communication. IxFPs are more indirect, even when blunt. Both can be blunt or diplomatic, and it's hard for me to articulate the difference, but I see him as Ni-dom blunt, not Fi-dom blunt.

Okay, wait, I thought of a way of articulating this..... Notice that he gets very blunt when guarding some info he does not want the interviewer to know? He puts up a wall & is rude about it. I see FJs do this a lot. When there is a perception of someone as rude, their Fe mindset feels justified to respond in kind. People should know not to pry, after all, and this directness sort of shames them. It's like he's scolding the interviewer on propriety. In contrast, he is otherwise relatively diplomatic for someone who is guarded & reserved. When it's info the FJ is comfortable with sharing, then they may be less direct & more diplomatic, seeking to gain consensus, understanding or approval even.

An FP type will often be blunt when expressing what is important to them, because they want it to be known, and accuracy is more at stake then propriety. When they want something to be known, then they are blunt. When they want to guard something, then they often become vague & indirect. I rarely slam people down when they pry - that would alert them to the fact that I am guarding something. I want to hide that I am even guarding something.... So instead I brush it off, give a vague answer, and try and distract them & lead hem towards another topic.

I definitely see him as an FJ in this respect.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    He's also direct in his communication. IxFPs are more indirect, even when blunt. Both can be blunt or diplomatic, and it's hard for me to articulate the difference, but I see him as Ni-dom blunt, not Fi-dom blunt.

Okay, wait, I thought of a way of articulating this..... Notice that he gets very blunt when guarding some info he does not want the interviewer to know? He puts up a wall & is rude about it. I see FJs do this a lot. When there is a perception of someone as rude, their Fe mindset feels justified to respond in kind. People should know not to pry, after all, and this directness sort of shames them. It's like he's scolding the interviewer on propriety. In contrast, he is otherwise relatively diplomatic for someone who is guarded & reserved. When it's info the FJ is comfortable with sharing, then they may be less direct & more diplomatic, seeking to gain consensus, understanding or approval even.
    I saw that as well and figured his Ni prompted him to see behind the scenes of what was going on. Apparently, he was picking up patterns in different interviews and felt that the questions were geared toward exploiting the band's status rather than focusing on the music. He may have been abrasive, but I personally believe it was just.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Well, like Southern Kross said, no Fi dom would say "This came from somewhere else [somewhere mythical in the great beyond! the devil!], I didn't write it."

It seems so glaringly obvious to me that he's Ni. And again, I think his rather hoity-toity assertion that his fans are like tail-wagging dogs who aren't perceiving the "real" concept is dom Ni rejecting inferior Se.
    I see these things as very, very insignificant towards determining his type. In the first place, it's taking the BS things that he says a little too seriously. In the second, I'm not sure where you got Ni and "Ni rejecting inferior Se" from what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Just because his voice sounds emo or something doesn't make him Fi.

I never said that.

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Thom yorke is the most stereotypical INFP i've ever seen he's very much into Fi in his song writing.
    Agreed about the Fi thing.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Ni doesn't have a monopoly on pretentious obfuscation, although they certainly try their best.

If he is more BtS than CtC then I'd take IFP and probably ISFP [there's your Fi and your Ni right there]. Never really listened to the music and I obviously don't know him personally enough to make the call on his interaction style. But I could see a NiTi INFJ 5 too.

He seems sloppy, so P.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I agree with GetOffMyBiscuits that he seem BtS and not CtC and he seems very Fi (not Fe at all.) That means he's most likely not INFJ or any type with Fe in the dom or aux position.

INFJs have a Chart the Course interaction style. If you suspect someone is an INFJ IRL but you don't think they are CtC, then either you don't understand or recognize CtC properly or they are not INFJs.
    You're being deductive. That's fine and all, but do you think you could form an inductive argument for Thom Yorke being an Fi dom? (construct a hypothesis and explanation)

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

The most common consensus seems to be Ni, be it INFJ or ISFP with Ni/Fi looping. Is there any reason why INTJ isn't considered as a possibility? Does he really seem more like a feeler?

Being prone to the Ni/Fi loop, I think is one of the reasons I'm quite fond of Radiohead, honestly.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Banned
    MBTI
    me

He is very close to sx/sp, compare him to Jonny who is clear sp/sx withdrawn if there every was one

MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    etc

INFJ 5w4 so/sp!
    iNtj // rlua|I|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    for one moment,
    i wish you'd hold your stage
    with no feelings at all

MBTI
    INFP

In "Fitter Happier" he basically slams the entire concept of J.
    Last edited by MadHatterMatador; 09-15-2014 at 03:32 PM.