• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Twin Peaks

Sture

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Hah
Although the only mentions I've seen of this tv-series on MBTIc have been short and negative, I hope at least one or two of you have recognized its greatness.

I only found out about this show a few years ago when I and my siblings bought the DVD for my dad. Now my entire family loves it. I'd expect a lot of you to do the same as it's extremely "N".

Anyway, here's my list of some of the characters:

ENFJ- Leland Palmer, Audry Horne

INFJ- Sarah Palmer, Annie Blackburn

ENFP- Laura Palmer, Lawrence Jacobey, MIKE, The Giant

INFP- Harold Smith

-------------

ENTJ- Dale Cooper, Thomas Eckhardt, Benjamin Horne

INTJ - Albert Rosenfield, Windom Earle

ENTP- Jerry Horne

INTP- Tommy “Hawk”

-------------

ESTJ- William Hayward, Garland Briggs, Dick Tramayne

ISTJ- Cathrine Martell

ESFJ- Donna Hayward, Norma Jennings

ISFJ- Shelly Johnson

-------------

ESTP- Harry Truman, Bobby Briggs, Leo Johnson

ISTP- Ed Hurley, James Hurley

ESFP- Andy Brennan, Lucy Moran, Pete Martell, Nadine Hurley, BOB

ISFP

I won't easily change my mind on some of the characters, but this is still a pretty rough list based on sometimes vague memories. It really needs a second opinion. And please add characters if you can.

Useful Wikipedia character list with short description

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
It is the only David Lynch creation ( I think ) that I haven't seen yet. I plan on renting it one of these days. I remember him saying that he liked the idea of a TV show, because he could get a lot of things going in such a lengthy format, which he couldn't do in a movie. I bought a Julie Cruise Cd after hearing that her "haunting" voice was used in the theme song.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I know this is an ancient thread but I made sure I wasn't starting a duplicate. Dale Cooper an ENTJ? I think INTJ.

He doesn't strike me as a Te dom, though he clearly uses Te strongly. He's also so, so Ni, always going off on strange tangents about trees and pie, at points bordering on "psychic" (the whole business with the black lodge, etc. In one scene he flat out informs Audrey that she wants tell him something.) You're probably saying he's an E because he can be so pleasantly chatty...but that's just it...he's so...pleasant and unobtrusive. I think an ENTJ would make his presence known a little more forcefully. Special Agent Dale Cooper just kind of walks in and quietly takes control without people even realizing what he's doing. As much as he can get info out of people, there's something a bit lone wolf about him too.

Also, how could you possibly type BOB?

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
I absolutely love Twin Peaks (obviously <----- :cheese:), but I don't really want to type the characters. It would kind of ruined the magic for me.

For example, I think agent Cooper was written to be an ideal in every way, plus he's got some really bizzare quirks, so I don't think any type fits him completely. INTJ is the first idea, but then he has this Fe charm around him and I think it's also an integral part of his character.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
agent cooper is an infj.

twin peaks is my favorite david lynch project.

i forget lara flynn boyle's character name. i totally dig her.

evilrobot

MBTI Type
nite
Enneagram
5w4
I know this is an ancient thread but I made sure I wasn't starting a duplicate. Dale Cooper an ENTJ? I think INTJ.

He doesn't strike me as a Te dom, though he clearly uses Te strongly. He's also so, so Ni, always going off on strange tangents about trees and pie, at points bordering on "psychic" (the whole business with the black lodge, etc. In one scene he flat out informs Audrey that she wants tell him something.) You're probably saying he's an E because he can be so pleasantly chatty...but that's just it...he's so...pleasant and unobtrusive. I think an ENTJ would make his presence known a little more forcefully. Special Agent Dale Cooper just kind of walks in and quietly takes control without people even realizing what he's doing. As much as he can get info out of people, there's something a bit lone wolf about him too.

Also, how could you possibly type BOB?

This is correct. Coop’s an INTJ 5w4, clearly Ni dom with good Te/Fe usage to support it. Lynch is probably the same type as his alter ego.

I'll get back to you on Bob's type. That will require some advanced calculations.

FBUser6315

Agent Cooper - INTP
Sheriff Truman ISTP
Bobby Briggs ESFP
Shelly Johnson ESFJ
Ben Horn ENTJ
Donna Hayward ESFJ
Audrey Horne ENTP
Dr. Will Hayward ISTJ
Norma Jennings ESJ
James Hurley ISTP
Big Ed Hurley ISTP