User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Famous living Sensers

For pedagogical/illustratory purposes, I'd like to compile a list of 16 men and 16 women of each MB type, all of whom fulfill the following conditions:

1. They must still be alive
    2. They must be internationally famous (for good things)
    3. They must have personalities that are well-known or easily researchable
    4. Uncertainty about their type must be minimal.

Regarding Sensers, I've thus far got 2/16 - Christina Aguilera (ISFP) and Simon Cowell (ISTP). Arguments available upon request. Want to help me get the remaining 14/16?

Female ESFP candidates: Beyonce?
    Female ESTP candidates: Madonna?
    Female ISTP candidates:
    Female ESFJ candidates: Tyra Banks?
    Female ISFJ candidates:
    Female ESTJ candidates: Ivanka Trump (I'm positive she's ESTJ, I'd just prefer someone who's also famous outside the US)
    Female ISTJ candidates:

Male ESFP candidates:
    Male ISFP candidates: Justin Timberlake?
    Male ESTP candidates: Donald Trump
    Male ESFJ candidates:
    Male ISFJ candidates:
    Male ESTJ candidates: Dr. Phil?
    Male ISTJ candidates: Bruce Willis - or is he ISFJ?

(Incidentally, I am perfectly capable of googling famous xSxx lists; what I want is to hear who you personally believe to be xSxx, preferably accompanied by arguments - though intuition will do if you point out someone I'm not already considering. )
    Last edited by Economica; 06-24-2007 at 08:17 AM.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Default ISTP candidate

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    ISTP = Billy Joel
    His music is much more S than N, and his lyrics are the same -- at times poetic, but the bulk of his work focuses on realistic and practical snapshots of life, not getting caught up in foo-foo abstractions.

His sense of humor seems to be similar to the INTP sense of humor, he says a lot of stuff that is tongue-in-cheek or "playing around the issue." Songs like "Only the Good Die Young" are meant to be both fun/joking *and* yet centered around grains of truth ("you never really cared for me, but did you ever say a prayer for me?" etc).

Mostly this was confirmed by seeing him in hour-long interview shows. Just very relaxed, easy going, fun, gracious, but with a solid thoughtful core. I found I could identify a lot with how he thought and where he went with things, except for the dissimilarity that he focuses on concrete things rather than the philosophical abstractions I prefer.

Anyway, that's a start for you. you could probably find video material of him to review and make your own conclusions.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Rachel Ray has got to be an ESFP. She's obviously extroverted and not intuitive. She seems to be a pretty girly-girl rather than a cold T type girl. That'd leave ESFJ and ESFP, and I find she's playful and ditzy (ESFP) rather than incredibly concerned about fashion and being popular. Se is also the perfect primary function for a cook.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    ISTP=Billy Joel
    Thank you for the analysis - a delight as usual. I already have the male ISTP slot filled out though, so I'll be concentrating on the missing slots.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotTooPopular View Post
    Rachel Ray has got to be an ESFP.
    I had no clue who Rachel Ray was until I checked Wikipedia and I suspect most other non-Americans are similarly ignorant, but if I am unable to find a more famous female ESFP, I'll check her out more thoroughly. Thank you for the name and the arguments, I appreciate it.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

No time to think further about these, just consider them potential leads

George Bush, Sr. - male ISTJ
    Britney Spears - female ESFP
    Ann Coulter - female IxTJ
    Rush Limbaugh - male ESTP (?) ... unfortunately, I don't listen to him enough to know.
    [Hmmm, is Donald Trump an ESTP?]
    Dr. Phil - male ESTJ (?)
    Billy Graham - male xSFx (?)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Rush Limbaugh - male ESTP (?) ... unfortunately, I don't listen to him enough to know.
    Fixed that for you. You're welcome!

MBTI
    INTJ

Thank you.

Young non-Americans (and Americans?) won't go for this one, I'm afraid. I personally have no clue what the man is like.

I'd really like to assemble a list where each name conveys at least something about the personality type in question to practically everyone in the Western world. If most of those names have to come from the entertainment industry, then so be it.

Even if Britney is ESFP (my hunch is ISFP), she's not going on the list. No one I know feels anything but pity for her.

Same argument (lack of willingness to identify) explains Dubya's absence from my list, btw.

Ann who?

I'm almost totally ignorant of RL, but judging from the post after yours, I'd say he fails the "willingness to identify" test as well.

Could be. ...Damnit, I guess now I'll have to watch The Apprentice.

Dr. Phil - male ESTJ (?)
    Hmm. I've only seen a little of his show. EXXJ is all I'm sure about. You think he's T and S? ...Damnit, now I'll have to watch Dr. Phil as well.

...Maybe someone can help me out by hating on Donald Trump and Dr. Phil so I can claim they fail the "willingness to identify" test?

Another one who's not internationally famous. Hmm, perhaps I should include a note about this in the original post.

*edits original post*

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I know you said "living sensors," but this one was taken from us too soon:

Steve Irwin, male ESFP

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Dr. Phil - male ESTJ (?)
    I just realized today that Dr. Phil is probably an S instead of an N. He mostly just remembers a bunch of facts and procedures and applies them. It's hard to pick up on if he's E or I based on his show. I mean, if an introvert has a show like that, he's gonna have to talk, and you don't see how he interacts with people in regular situations.