• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Joss Whedon

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENTJ? ENFJ? ENFP? I've puzzled over this for a long time (with much stalkerly love).

(After the Meryl Streep intro)
YouTube - Joss Whedon's Equality Now speech

Guy created/wrote/directed Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Serenity, Dr Horrible's Sing-Along Blog and the upcoming Dollhouse.

TenebrousReflection

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My impresion from interviews and things I've read about how he approaches the creative process is that very strong Ne is present and probably dominant. I don't know how much of the dialog and character developemt is his own ideas, but if he has a lot of involvement in that, I think that points strongly toward xNFP of some kind, but if he has more general ideas that are fleshed out by specific writers, that could point to xNTP I think. My guesses would be in the following order.

ENFP
ENTP
INFP
INTP

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Joss Whedon is an amazing writer. As well as the aforementioned shows, he also wrote the first few story arcs for Marvel Comics acclaimed "Astonishing X-Men" series:

Marvel Comics Catalog: The Official Site - Iron Man, Hulk, Spider-Man, X-Men, Wolverine and all Marvel Comics and Graphic Novels | Marvel Comics Catalog | Marvel.com

His powerful imagination and broad range of projects mark him as an NP of some type. He is known to miss deadlines due to overcommitment, which further reinforces this hypothesis.

Whedon identifies himself as a feminist, and feminist themes are common in his work.
He was honored at an Equality Now benefit in 2006: "Honoring Men on the Front Lines and his fans raised a considerable amount of money in support of the organization.

From this, I would guess that his temperament is most likely to be Idealist, which would make him an ENFP or INFP. He is very tuned in to pop culture - possibly a sign of Extraversion? My gut feel is also for ENFP - the man has so much energy!

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I lean towards ENFP too, but he's done so much. Like, he finishes things that he starts (even if he doesn't keep to deadlines).

His characterisation and vision makes me think NF as well.

What about his self-effacing and absurdist sense of humour? It's confuzzling.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've always pegged him as an ENxP... Hmm, he's said that the character of Xander was sort of based on himself in high school.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I get an NF vibe, but that's it. I have no idea if he is E or I.