• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ben Harper??

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I don't know, but he seems ESFJ to me in that interview, OR he's on amphetamines or something.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ahhh!! haha

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
What? He's totally lucid! I like the whole "you can't argue with wet" thing and when he went through the list of what he believes in.

I've always liked the Mr. Ben Harper. I totally identify with what he was saying.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
What? He's totally lucid! I like the whole "you can't argue with wet" thing and when he went through the list of what he believes in.
Well I said OR.

I've always liked the Mr. Ben Harper. I totally identify with what he was saying
I guess this means he's ESFJ.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i love him...so cool and passionate and has lots to say about a lot of things
and that slide guitar is sexy as hell :)

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I can live with that.

Another great interview:

Ben Harper interview
Ben Harper is tense the minute he walks into the room. It's no secret that he doesn't feel comfortable in interviews. "Every time feels like my first time," he says, shifting in his seat, "and I just find that the process of it feeds into one's own self-obsession."

The mood of the rock-out album vacillates between uplifting, let's-all-chip-in-and-make-a change optimism and what-is-the-world-coming-to vitriol. In fact, Harper describes the third track 'Black Rain' (written days after Hurricane Katrina struck New Orleans) as "talking myself down off the ledge of being a non patriot". He describes lyrics like "don't you dare speak to us like we work for you. Selling false hope like some new dope we're addicted to" as being rooted in "long-term pain and historical significance". On the other hand, the opening track 'Better Way' is one of the most powerful, anthem-like social pledges since John Lennon's 'Give Peace a Chance'. Given the unpredictable nature of Harper's responses, it is with some trepidation that I mention that the song puts me in a John Lennon frame of mind. His eyes immediately widen. "It was an absolute tribute to him. I am so vibed that you got that. I haven't mentioned it to anyone." And just like that, the gentler version of Ben Harper arrives. "Most of the time I am a really freewheeling guy who laughs a lot. I want to break down that perception that I am always serious and tense."

Yep and yep. :)

Oh and another one: http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=263781149&channel=2621235&lineup=284952282

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ooohhh...nice...i liked those thanks

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
isfp, i get dominant Fi as he's formulating his speech backed up by Se. he's perfect for esfp types who need a little pre-packaged introversion to guide them and give them a booster shot of Fi meaning when they're too extroverted scattered on the go Se.