Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Yeah, it's that socionics voodoo science isn't it?
    Body language doesn't exist either, for those who don't know to look for it.

MBTI
    INTJ

Looks like Peguy got my VI joke, but then decided to delete his post.

oh well

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I don't understand why people doubt that V.I. exists and yet they don't doubt that MBTI theory exists.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    Body language doesn't exist either, for those who don't know to look for it.
    There is a lot of biology behind the body language.

But I have trouble believing that bone structure goes hand in hand with a certain type of a personality. Perhaps there a slight things noticeable on a face (such as wrinkles) than can be indicative if one is more likely to be an extravert or an introvert, but to make a prediction of one's type based on the shape of their skull seems a bit far fetched.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

There is a lot of biology behind the body language.

But I have trouble believing that bone structure goes hand in hand with a certain type of a personality. Perhaps there a slight things noticeable on a face (such as wrinkles) than can be indicative if one is more likely to be an extravert or an introvert, but to make a prediction of one's type based on the shape of their skull seems a bit far fetched.
    Well, it all depends on how deep you look. Most people who study MBTI don't really comprehend the functions on a very deep level. They stop at surface characteristics.

"Step bump, step bump bump." - CollegeHumor video - have a free humorous example of an esfj-si subtype cop.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    Well, it all depends on how deep you look. Most people who study MBTI don't really comprehend the functions on a very deep level. They stop at surface characteristics.

"Step bump, step bump bump." - CollegeHumor video - have a free humorous example of an esfj-si subtype cop.
    Oh God please tell me it's real.
    That'd be so awesome.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Oh God please tell me it's real.
    That'd be so awesome.
    Duh. It's real :P.

MBTI
    ERTP

In Jungian terms, Stalin is almost certainly an ETJ with Te commandeering the rest of his psyche.

It appeared that Stalin maintained good, even unnecessary use of his Sensing function while in power but as other posters have already covered he was not at all lacking in Intuition either. The question is: Once we have established Te as the all-permeading trait of Stalin's psyche and also that he had mastery of both sensing and intuition, is it really important? I think too rigid an application of MBTI might lead us astray here; rather, to understand further facets of Stalin, look at people like him. Look at Saddam Hussein, also an ETJ with Te all over the place, also a grand strategist, he is even a fellow bank robber!

---

In Keirseyan terms, Stalin would clearly be considered an NT, if only because of Keirsey's somewhat derogatory characterization of SJs. So leave Keirsey out of this or expect a visit from the Cheka.
    best collection of philosopher typings online

http://www.celebritytypes.com/philosophers/

You have to be careful about blanket statements like "INTJs don't rob banks" or "he hated authority therefore not SJ". Try to take things in a context.

Stalin's father was an abusive alcoholic who couldn't hold a job, and Stalin grew up in lawless country. These kind of surroundings can be viewed as a lack of proper authority in the SJs eyes, resulting in the disdain of such environment, not a hatred toward authority in general.

Stalin's own way of running the country was through extreme micromanagement, which is not exactly a way someone who resents authority would operate.
    I did not made that uip Edgar, I read it somewjere in a book, although i could not find the sourve.

Stalin hated authority because his father beated him often, and this transformed to a general hatred towards anyone that yields power over him.

Although i agree with your point of Sj disdain of the enviroment, to say that stalin is a ESTJ just because he exhibits Te in his dictartorship is too vague.
    Anyone running a country would need some sort of Te to maintain order,

Stain is aq complex character, and his machieveillian tendencies does not correspond to SJness.

The hardest thing to put into perspective is whether stalin is a J or a P. His plotting to remove trosky has demonstrated amazing flexibity and calculated planning, this seemed not very J.
    Furthermore,. his admiration for Koba ( a ficitional russsian outcast like robinhood) also seem unJi, as Js favor order chaos. Stain seems like one who follows his own code of rules trather than the rules of socirety.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    ESTJ

ISTJ