First 12

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Habermas is awesome.

I was exposed to his work in a policy development class a few semesters ago.

Legitimation Crisis! Kind of like what happened at the end of W's regime?

Also, my professor noted that Habermas stated something to the effect of "Humans are speaking creatures." and that our thinking and very reality is greatly affected by our use of language. He noted later in the semester that when he was younger Habermas had a speech impediment, and thought it interesting that facet of his life influenced his work.

INTJ seems to work for him nicely.
    You like Habermas? One of my favourite philosophers too, he wrote some really great stuff about how if there could be more perfect communication, in part through the use of words with the same meanings instead of divergent culturally specific meanings, then there would in all liability be greater agreement on topics such as politics, also that some of the greatest differences in politics or other topics were a result of differences in the intelligence of those having the discussion, at least in terms of their vocabularly and the meanings they could attach to words consequently, unacknowledged confusion giving rise to anger, affect overiding intellect, derailing discussion.

That kind of thing, I thought he was great. Witgenstein too, although I misspell all those philosopher dudes names.

I hate Zizek. He has a stupid name too.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ILI

According to celebritytypes.com (take it with a grain of salt of course!): Both Marx and Hegel are INTJ. So I would think Zizek is either INTJ or ENTP. Since he has such horrible panic attacks and is certainly using Broca's region all the time, that rules out ENTP in my book. I know a few ENTPS and they are just not that nervous around people.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ILI

This article on Hitchens as an INTJ seems to summarize Zizek perfectly. Zizek is always making sexual innuendoes, calling his warm-ups "foreplay," and has the same difficulty with an out-of-control Se (INTJ typically either avoid all stimulants/drugs or binge on them, with Zizek in the former camp -- Zizek has never so much as smoked pot and can't even handle caffeine).

http://www.celebritytypes.com/blog/2...ed-sensing-se/

Zizek once said that he fears if he'd be less hyperactive, if he'd talk less and in a calm manner people would stop noticing him, because his thoughts alone are not necessarily enough to get his audience hooked on such serious topics.

He's a big thinker craving for attention - one more vote for ENTP.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Slavoj Zizek is ENTP 8w7 Sx/So.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    IN**

I guess Habermas is a good example of an introvert thinker. Zizek I don't know anything about, but I suspect him to be a charlatan.

I would like to compare Habermas with Richard Rorty. Both of them have seriously tried to make philosophy become of more public importance, which I think is honorable. And of them I would call Habermas the thinker and Rorty the intuitive. Examples:

*Habermas appears to me more slow and reliable (methodological thinking). Rorty quicker and more unpredictable (rich imagination).
    *Habermas appears more open-minded, unassuming and humble (indicates a P-preference). Rorty more stubborn, pragmatic and challenging (indicates a J-preference).
    *Habermas idea of philosophy: to be a stand in for ā€¯empirical theories with strong universalistic claimsā€¯ (the thinker tend to be a theoretican and system-builder). Rorty's idea of philosophy: "to scratch where it itches" (requires somewhat imaginative improvising).
    *I who consider myself to be an INFJ, think that Rorty is quite easy to read, while Habermas is heavy and boring (though I value them about as much). I usually understand intuitives easily, but tend to get stuck when I try to read books by thinkers.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Can somebody classify the Leftist philosophers Slavoj Zizek and Jļæ½rgen Habermas?

[youtube="LhlOm6Ski-0"]ZIZEK -- Slavoj Zizek speaks.[/youtube]
    [youtube="7wW5JMc12"]Slavoj Zizek about European Graduate School EGS 2006 1/2[/youtube]

[youtube="jBl6ALNh18Q"]Jļæ½rgen Habermas Interview[/youtube]

I'm willing to guess Zizek is ENFJ and Habermas is INTJ.
    I think Habermas was more transcendent than left and right, although I take the point that he was to begin with and probably remains a leftist and Zizek, well, I just hate the guys philosophy, it reheated contrary-ism and bad marxism. Its Frankenstein Marcuse.

I think Habermas was probably INTJ, the concerns he had with communication and eventual assailability of obsticles or barriers to communication I think definitely show I and TJ, his focus upon hermeutics I would think suggest N.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by say yes View Post
    I guess Habermas is a good example of an introvert thinker. Zizek I don't know anything about, but I suspect him to be a charlatan.
    That's all you need to know about Zizek, he's a charlatan.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Habermas isn't an INTJ. He's playing too easily with Ti to be an INTJ. I see INTP, but could buy an INFJ since the academy cultivates one's Ti regardless of preference. I agree with @Orangey and @Blackwater.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Slavoj Zizek ... really weird. Lol.
    Though I don't understand his intellectual background fully.