Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    In the second he mentions that being a good director requires an attraction to the inner regions of a human being, a passion for it, for probing human beings and experiencing their lives - observing and feeling a deep contact with human life. And I noticed when asked about his strengths and weaknesses he goes straight for explaining his weakness... I think typing him through his art is only part of the picture.
    I wonder how much of what we see is his rebellion against his father. We see plenty of that in Bergman's atheism (as his father was a conservative minister), but an emotionally remote father can spark a yearning for human connection no matter his MBTI type.

I mean, not that I know anything about emotionally distant Swedes...

violaine

^Interesting point... yeah, he had a strict religious upbringing, I read somewhere that one of his strongest feelings as a child was deep humiliation, feeling 'knocked about' and he objected to Christianity because he felt it was infused with humiliation for adherents (paraphrasing). He apparently retained a deep fear of humiliation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Hah

I don't know much about bergman, but here in sweden it's general knowledge that he pretty much slept with every woman he ever worked with. First I wanted to say INFJ, but considering the above that doesn't seem so plausible anymore. INFJs are only promiscuous when they are punishing themselves and/or others and that's not bergman.

Quote Originally Posted by colmena View Post
    I'd say INTP with ridiculously high emotional strength and understanding.
    This is sounding better and better in my ears.

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by Sture View Post
    I don't know much about bergman, but here in sweden it's general knowledge that he pretty much slept with every woman he ever worked with. First I wanted to say INFJ, but considering the above that doesn't seem so plausible anymore. INFJs are only promiscuous when they are punishing themselves and/or others and that's not bergman.

This is sounding better and better in my ears.
    I could see casual sex being a way to satisfy Fe for some INFJs, despite their low Se. Late, but it's an interesting thought.