User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^ No, you identified with her because she is an ENFP. Although if any type is gonna be guilty of projection......

I didn't identify with her at all.
    I did like her though.

She reminded me of my sister - an ENFP.

MBTI
    ENFP

But I thought someone was trying to argue that she was in fact ESFP or have I just halucinated that? (Quite possible) However, I have heard it said on other fourms that ENFPs often are mistaken for ESFP especially if you only get to know us in a superficial manner

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    But I thought someone was trying to argue that she was in fact ESFP or have I just halucinated that? (Quite possible) However, I have heard it said on other fourms that ENFPs often are mistaken for ESFP especially if you only get to know us in a superficial manner
    True. (The OP's type list has her as ESFP, but I would say she is more ENFP.)

In film, I'd say what you usually get is something other than a true type--a composite. Take an ESFP actor and give him a part which was written to be INTP, and if the actor isn't horrible at his job, but isn't a god either, you'll get a character who is neither ESFP nor INTP but shows characteristics of both types.

MBTI
    ENFP

Yea that's a very good point actually and I think it's worth noting when typing characters from movies or the small screen. For example, they were typing characters from sex and the city on another forum (To girlie for words I know) but they made the point there that Carrie (The main character) is ENFP however, a debate started that in fact she was ESFP and someone made the point that the actress who plays her has been typed as ESFJ and so this will have a bearing on the performance and how the character has been portrayed

Banned
    MBTI
    type

It's much truer for something like a sitcom, because the writing situation is usually something like: Ten people bringing joke ideas to the table, brainstorming & coming up with more joke ideas, then assigning them to the characters as best they can. I don't even bother typing most TV characters.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Jason Borne was driven by the need to discover his past, to set right what was wrong. ISTPs concentrate too much on the present to act like Jason Borne. He risked his life in order to "do the right thing" (he didn't assassinate his target because he had a child). And in a third movie you also see his reasons behind joining the service (out of strong sense of duty) and in the end he forgoes his revenge, that he was seeking for so long, in order to prevent his tormentor from getting the honor of being "an agent killed in the line of duty"
    ISTJ.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    ^ No, you identified with her because she is an ENFP. Although if any type is gonna be guilty of projection......
    I'll wire you my life savings if you can make one argument supported by objective information that doesn't involve assuming the only reason anyone would disagree with you is because of some secret motivation that only you can see.

Clementine and Alice/Jane are ENFPs.

It's a lie. It's a bunch of sad strangers photographed beautifully, and... all the glittering assholes who appreciate art say it's beautiful 'cause that's what they wanna see. But the people in the photos are sad, and alone... But the pictures make the world seem beautiful, so... the exhibition is reassuring which makes it a lie, and everyone loves a big fat lie.
    ^Only an NF would say this.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    I'll wire you my life savings if you can make one argument supported by objective information that doesn't involve assuming the only reason anyone would disagree with you is because of some secret motivation that only you can see.

Clementine and Alice/Jane are ENFPs.

^Only an NF would say this.
    CRumbs!
    I like needling Jack, but I'm not gonna argue with a meat-cleaver.

Although I don't see that your argument is all that objective either....

I think we are all in agreement about Clementine (apart from OP).

Alice/Jane. Agree to differ, I think.
    I really could care less....

MBTI
    INXP

Eternal Sunshine consistently panders towards NFP sensibilities. The characters read books, recall poet laureates, and quote Tom Waits lyrics. It's what the target market requires.

And while Clementine's disposition suggests S at times, her love of imagery and esoteric retrospect suggest N to me. Perhaps it's unrealistic, but I like the combination.

I'll have to watch the film again.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    ISTx

Can anyone take a stab at Leo DiCaprio and Matt Damon's types on "The Departed"?