MBTI
    ISTx

Jason Bourne = ISTJ

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    1. How is providing evidence contrary to your ungrounded statement revealing bias, exactly? Now there's a rhetorical question.
    2. I suppose she kept her name secret from her SO because she's "out there," and perhaps fearful.
    3. Of course she could find a suitor by merely walking outside. But she finally gave in to Larry. The balance eventually tipped toward the need for affection.
    4. Yeah, she stopped being in love with Dan, because he violated her values (very important to ENFP), and broke his heart instead of the other way around.

All of this is easily attributable to a quirky ENFP, I've seen similar behavior in them.
    Well then, if you've seen it, it must be true.

The thing with Larry was NOT about affection - give me a break!

Bottom-line: She's a slapper who likes to mindf*ck.
    If she's an ENFP, she's a pretty damned unhealthy one.

EDIT: Lots of contradictions in your arguments here. I think you just argue for the sake of arguing.

Only saw the first movie but from what I remember, Jason Bourne seemed more ISTP-ish to me.

MASTER OF APATHY AND PURPLE SIGNATURES

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    The thing with Larry was NOT about affection - give me a break!
    He wanted her. That's affection.

Bottom-line: She's a slapper who likes to mindf*ck.
    If she's an ENFP, she's a pretty damned unhealthy one.
    I never said she was completely healthy, in fact I agree with you. I used the euphemism "quirky" to be nice.

Lots of contradictions in your arguments here. I think you just argue for the sake of arguing.
    Contradictions perhaps between what I said in one place and what you thought I meant somewhere else, but no. And I'm not. I simply very much think the character was ENFP, and I certainly don't think fictional characters are always typable. She is very real.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Interesting.

A few revisions (insofar as my opinion allows):

Ra's Al Ghul - INTJ.
    Bruce Wayne - ISTP/INTJ
    The Bride (Kill Bill) - xNTJ
    Fox Mulder - INFP
    Ra's Al Ghul was not an INTJ. His purpose in life was to serve the clan, to honor its tradition, to rid world of corruption and decadence, and he was willing to die for that cause. That's an ISTJ right there.

For Bruce Wayne, read my previous post in this thread.

I actually originally had Mulder listed as an INFP, but then I was convinced by an INFJ that Mulder was an INFJ as well. The gist of the argument is that Muldren is driven to discover the truth behind his sister's disappearance in a way only a J could be (to the point of obsession). He is also a rampant conspiracy theorist like most of INFJs. And his personality is that of a
    "martyr". INFPs tend to be more of a "lamenting poet" than a "martyr"

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by Negative_ View Post
    Only saw the first movie but from what I remember, Jason Bourne seemed more ISTP-ish to me.
    I was pretty certain he was an ISTP until the third movie. I'm still not sure that he's an ISTJ though. Somebody convince me of something.

Edit: Yeah, alright.
    No offense.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Negative_ View Post
    Jason Borne was driven by the need to discover his past, to set right what was wrong. ISTPs concentrate too much on the present to act like Jason Borne. He risked his life in order to "do the right thing" (he didn't assassinate his target because he had a child). And in a third movie you also see his reasons behind joining the service (out of strong sense of duty) and in the end he forgoes his revenge, that he was seeking for so long, in order to prevent his tormentor from getting the honor of being "an agent killed in the line of duty"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Ra's Al Ghul was not an INTJ. His purpose in life was to serve the clan, to honor its tradition, to rid world of corruption and decadence, and he was willing to die for that cause. That's an ISTJ right there.
    Yes: to honor the tradition, as a means to accomplish an adaptive goal. A willingness to violate the ethical treatises initially offered as tenet benchmarks to Bruce Wayne (while still hidden as Henri Ducard) - his eventual shift in identity is of incidental importance to these keystone beliefs.

This flexibility in behavior suggests independence from conventional adherence to ethical framework - the bread and butter of the typical xSTJ. Corruption and decadence are abstract entities - recall his interchange with Wayne near the movie's crescendo. His "Only a cynical man..." monologue conjures a creative awareness of the human condition that would likely escape the interest / skill set of an ISTJ (perhaps that of most INTJs as well...)

Maybe our central rub is in reconciling his intellect against his avowed behavior. Ra's is offered as a genius; a living embodiment of transcendent willpower. His attitudes and perspectives therefore conform more to the focus of this gift.

He is a foil to the uncompromising chaos of The Joker. A trickster v. a nobleman.

I stand firm behind INTJ.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Maybe our central rub is in reconciling his intellect against his avowed behavior. Ra's is offered as a genius; a living embodiment of transcendent willpower. His attitudes and perspectives therefore conform more to the focus of this gift.
    It's a common trap for an NT to fall for - the assumption that true genius can only appear within NT personality.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    It's a common trap for an NT to fall for - the assumption that true genius can only appear within NT personality.
    Or that temperament suggests capability in understanding what someone wrote...

...No counterpoints to my analysis of Ra's, then?