User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 61

Thread: David Letterman

  1. #31
    Senior Member SuperFob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    264

    Default

    SPs are great at randomness.
    NP's are the greatest at randomness. Ne is pretty much the king/queen of random, clever/witty humor. No offense to SP's, but the NP's I know are a million times more entertaining than anyone else.

  2. #32
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    After reading the thread, I'm willing to concede on part of his type. But I'm absolutely utterly convinced that he's INxJ. He's too witty and insightful to be otherwise.
    That's just silly. "witty and insightful" is not exclusive to "INxJ"
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    That's just silly. "witty and insightful" is not exclusive to "INxJ"
    Yeah, no shit (Though apparently it is shit to some people). I know an ESFP who's just about as funny as I am (As if that were possible).

  4. #34
    Senior Member Simplexity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    I think N humor is more transformational. Jeffster made a pretty good case for the possibility of him being an S( not saying I necessarily agree), but judging from me and my friends(mostly sensors) we definitely tune in on totally different aspects of things.

    I remember one time we were watching that prison report show they have on msnbc I think and they had an interview going with an inmate who was talking about how it was a crazy situation in there, no one could be trusted. I was kinda just zoning out or whatever and then he mentioned decapitated and I'm like wtf with a shank thats gotta be some crazy ass shit( impossible) and my friend just goes WTF are you shitting me? thats what you noticed when he mentioned slicing someone at any time. Really?

    I actually think S's can be incredibly quick and witty AND relevant, sometimes I will mention something that is so loosely related it takes me 15 times longer to explain it and by then even if it was funny the joke is killed. So yeah I think you can't just say because someones really witty and insightful they have to be introverted and intuitive.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

  5. #35
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    I think N humor is more transformational. Jeffster made a pretty good case for the possibility of him being an S( not saying I necessarily agree), but judging from me and my friends(mostly sensors) we definitely tune in on totally different aspects of things.

    I remember one time we were watching that prison report show they have on msnbc I think and they had an interview going with an inmate who was talking about how it was a crazy situation in there, no one could be trusted. I was kinda just zoning out or whatever and then he mentioned decapitated and I'm like wtf with a shank thats gotta be some crazy ass shit( impossible) and my friend just goes WTF are you shitting me? thats what you noticed when he mentioned slicing someone at any time. Really?

    I actually think S's can be incredibly quick and witty AND relevant, sometimes I will mention something that is so loosely related it takes me 15 times longer to explain it and by then even if it was funny the joke is killed. So yeah I think you can't just say because someones really witty and insightful they have to be introverted and intuitive.
    See, more evidence right there. Letterman gets to the point a HELL of a lot faster than Aimahn does.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  6. #36
    Senior Member Simplexity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Haha. Lol yea I don't know I switch off between.............. yeah but I... typing is my thought process,
    speaking in blurbs is not how my brain works.
    I hate cutting down because it takes effort.
    speaking is easier.
    bullet points too inexact.
    haiku style writings wack.
    points are not facts.
    Please teach me quick and easy sensor comebacks.
    Brevity is what I lack.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

  7. #37
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    Haha. Lol yea I don't know I switch off between.............. yeah but I... typing is my thought process,
    speaking in blurbs is not how my brain works.
    I hate cutting down because it takes effort.
    speaking is easier.
    bullet points too inexact.
    haiku style writings wack.
    points are not facts.
    Please teach me quick and easy sensor comebacks.
    Brevity is what I lack.

    DUDE.

    (there's your first lesson.)
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  8. #38
    Senior Member Simplexity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    *stomps feet* Damn I didn't do any research on dudes what do you think I'm gay?
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

  9. #39
    Dali
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperFob View Post
    After spending some time on youtube, I say XNTP.
    That's what popped into my head the moment I saw the thread title.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    I have become relatively convinced of INTP for Mr. Letterman.

    Also: He should be president, even though I disagree with his politics. There is no man who exudes more class.

Similar Threads

  1. Daniel Tammet (Math Prodigy) On David Letterman [VIDEO]
    By Mal12345 in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-11-2014, 01:42 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 11:59 AM
  3. Billy Idol, David Letterman & Arsenio Hall
    By Speed Gavroche in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-08-2010, 11:51 AM
  4. David Letterman Scandal
    By speculative in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 10-07-2009, 03:24 PM
  5. Joaquin Phoenix on David Letterman
    By swordpath in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-04-2009, 10:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO