User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 51

  1. #41
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    Well, why not bet over it? at least it means you mean what you say. haha. Until the day I die, I will never feel bad for taking someone's money who had the wrong information, or the wrong analysis. Unless they were like... Mother Theresa or something, someone who gave their life to society... someone like that.
    It's stupid, because who is to decide whether there were major problems or not? You? Will you post an article about a busted voting machine and declare victory? I've pointed out instances of voter fraud and voter intimidation in other threads, and I believe those should be prosecuted stringently. Still, we have only two elections in over 100 years about which there are legitimate questions as to who should have taken the presidency. I cannot understand what point you are trying to make here.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  2. #42
    mountain surfing nomadic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    It's stupid, because who is to decide whether there were major problems or not? You? Will you post an article about a busted voting machine and declare victory?.
    Yeah there's some limitations to this contract.

    I'd have to tentatively say an election accuracy lawsuit being brought to the courts in a battleground state that makes news in either the WSJ, LA Times, USA Today, NY Times, or the Chicago Tribune.

    If u are serious, I'll post more specific guidelines by Sunday night.

  3. #43
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    Yeah there's some limitations to this contract.

    I'd have to tentatively say an election accuracy lawsuit being brought to the courts in a battleground state that makes news in either the WSJ, LA Times, USA Today, NY Times, or the Chicago Tribune.

    If u are serious, I'll post more specific guidelines by Sunday night.

    I would never agree to that. I could sue over the election results for any reason, and (if I had enough money and lawyers) it would at least make it in front of one judge. That has no bearing on whether or not our elections work. Sorry, but this is completely silly.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  4. #44
    mountain surfing nomadic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    ^ well thats the entire reason why I'd imagine the major newspapers would "filter" out the frivilous lawsuits and print real ones.

    If you don't believe newspapers will filter out real ones, then thats another story. But completely different than anyone being able to make a frivilous lawsuit.

    Admit it, you just don't want to bet. =)

  5. #45
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    ^ well thats the entire reason why I'd imagine the major newspapers would "filter" out the frivilous lawsuits and print real ones.

    If you don't believe newspapers will filter out real ones, then thats another story. But completely different than anyone being able to make a frivilous lawsuit.

    Admit it, you just don't want to bet. =)
    No, the whole premise is flimsy. Do I win the money if either Obama or McCain get sworn in on January 20th? I can guarantee that, if McCain manages to win somehow, there will be lawsuits out the wazoo. Will they have any validity? Maybe, maybe not. Will there be a 1960- or 2000-level cockup? I highly doubt it. Even if there is, there will be a peaceful handover of power.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  6. #46
    mountain surfing nomadic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    No, the whole premise is flimsy. Do I win the money if either Obama or McCain get sworn in on January 20th? I can guarantee that, if McCain manages to win somehow, there will be lawsuits out the wazoo. Will they have any validity? Maybe, maybe not. Will there be a 1960- or 2000-level cockup? I highly doubt it. Even if there is, there will be a peaceful handover of power.
    lol

    hey man!

    its a simple bet

    friggin tryna be nostradamus and shiet. haha

    but who gets sworn in or not does not matter to the bet.

    i think its possible to have voting accuracy lawsuits even if obama wins. could be a senate or representative race...

    well... yeah this contract is getting kind of messy now... lol

    btw, i think what u said is largely true.

  7. #47
    mountain surfing nomadic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    well look what we have here...

    Lou Dobbs: Issues, TV, Radio, and Books - CNN.com

    Here's a poll on CNN. Lou Dobb's page

    Do you have more or less faith in the integrity of our election system than you did in 2000?
    More 8% 67
    Less 92% 733
    Total Votes: 800
    overwhelming so far. Most people believe there is less election system integrity than in 2000.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Trying to be Nostradamus?

    ... k I'm done looking at this thread.. please refer to my signature.

  9. #49
    mountain surfing nomadic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tenINsFJ View Post
    Trying to be Nostradamus?

    ... k I'm done looking at this thread.. please refer to my signature.
    ur trying too hard

  10. #50
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    well look what we have here...

    Lou Dobbs: Issues, TV, Radio, and Books - CNN.com

    Here's a poll on CNN. Lou Dobb's page



    overwhelming so far. Most people believe there is less election system integrity than in 2000.
    1) Lou Dobbs is one of the biggest tools in the American media, which is saying a lot;

    2) The average American wouldn't know a fair election if it took a dump on the field during the Super Bowl.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Similar Threads

  1. Which is more useful in the real world?
    By yenom in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 05-04-2013, 03:31 PM
  2. Why does this subforum turn into gloating about political gains for your own party?
    By simulatedworld in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-23-2009, 09:33 PM
  3. [MBTItm] Turning into an infp.
    By braziljoe in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-12-2009, 03:24 PM
  4. INFp Turning into INFj
    By Ginkgo in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 232
    Last Post: 09-25-2009, 09:48 PM
  5. "A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on."
    By sriv in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-23-2008, 08:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO