User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 51

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    479

    Default

    I SKIPPED ALL THE POSTS AND DIDN'T READ THE THREAD BUT.

    WE ARE NOT A *#$*^@ DEMOCRACY, HOLY #&$@.

    THAT ANNOYS ME SO MUCH WHEN PEOPLE SAY THAT. WE HAVE NEVER BEEN A DEMOCRACY, NOT EVEN WHEN WE FIRST CAME OVER FROM BRITAIN.

    WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A REPUBLIC.

    BIG DIFFERENCE.

    Ok thanks. Bye. <3

  2. #32
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tenINsFJ View Post
    I SKIPPED ALL THE POSTS AND DIDN'T READ THE THREAD BUT.

    WE ARE NOT A *#$*^@ DEMOCRACY, HOLY #&$@.

    THAT ANNOYS ME SO MUCH WHEN PEOPLE SAY THAT. WE HAVE NEVER BEEN A DEMOCRACY, NOT EVEN WHEN WE FIRST CAME OVER FROM BRITAIN.

    WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A REPUBLIC.

    BIG DIFFERENCE.

    Ok thanks. Bye. <3

    Yes and no really. It's a rather complicated issue.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Yes and no really. It's a rather complicated issue.
    No it's not, we "elect" people to represent us. Unless every single citizen in the United States made a decision(not a vote) and all had EQUAL representation, then it would be a democracy. Democratic Republic is what we are.

    And a 1-1 bet on whether or not there is going to be a dispute about who wins the presidential elections is ridiculous and irrelevant.

    And I agree with you.. it's hard to tell whether or not the voting is accurate.. seems like there will always be errors. No programs have ever been glitch/error free

  4. #34
    mountain surfing nomadic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tenINsFJ View Post
    And a 1-1 bet on whether or not there is going to be a dispute about who wins the presidential elections is ridiculous and irrelevant.
    Its not about who wins. Its about whether there will be controversy about election voting accuracy. Who wins the presidential election, there is already a market for that based in England.

    hmm...
    so no one wants to go long...

    seems like a short sellers market.

    Price of a 100 dollar payout if no voting accuracy controversy happens has dropped down to 90 dollars.

    Contract payout is deliverable on November 11th @ 5pm PST. 7 Days after election is over.

    =)

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Right. whether or not there is going to be a dispute.. a dispute in the counting, reference to an inaccuracy.

    No one's going to want to bet, makes little sense to bet over that. Does it really matter if there is a dispute or controversy with it? No.. it probably won't affect the outcome anyways, especially if the elections are already pre-determined for a winner. If there is a dispute, it's probably just because they want us to believe that our votes actually mattered. Haha.

    Can't wait till all the elections are over.. everyone on campus gets in everyone's face about what to vote for etc.

    Almost riots starting out at a community college in Sacramento over prop 8 HAHAHA

  6. #36
    mountain surfing nomadic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tenINsFJ View Post
    Right. whether or not there is going to be a dispute.. a dispute in the counting, reference to an inaccuracy.

    No one's going to want to bet, makes little sense to bet over that. Does it really matter if there is a dispute or controversy with it? No.. it probably won't affect the outcome anyways, especially if the elections are already pre-determined for a winner. If there is a dispute, it's probably just because they want us to believe that our votes actually mattered. Haha.

    Can't wait till all the elections are over.. everyone on campus gets in everyone's face about what to vote for etc.

    Almost riots starting out at a community college in Sacramento over prop 8 HAHAHA
    Well, why not bet over it? at least it means you mean what you say. haha. Until the day I die, I will never feel bad for taking someone's money who had the wrong information, or the wrong analysis. Unless they were like... Mother Theresa or something, someone who gave their life to society... someone like that.

    Yeah, I remember when I was in college way back when up in nor cal, no one really cared about the elections. It was like... why? thats an old people's thing... so weird... haha

    Yeah, i saw the prop 8 commercials on tv. Man, that is something I could seriously care less about. Like... less than who collects my garbage.

    ( i could see why people would get worked up over it tho, since its somethng about gay marriage. not sure what)

  7. #37
    Senior Member lowtech redneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    doesn't change the fact that a lot of people do believe that the 2004 election was stolen.
    A lot of people bought into that "loose change" bullshit, too. A lot of people also believe that the Bush administration is going to induce martial law in order to stay in power. A lot of people are fucking morons.

  8. #38
    mountain surfing nomadic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    A lot of people bought into that "loose change" bullshit, too. A lot of people also believe that the Bush administration is going to induce martial law in order to stay in power. A lot of people are fucking morons.
    There was a huge protest against election fraud in Washington DC

    I think it was around 2004 or 2005. Thousands? or hundreds were arrested.

    Here it is:

    YouTube - Riot Cops Tear Gas Crowd at Bush 2005 Inauguration

    In general, people in America don't really protest about anything. People are far too concerned about doing profitable things in their lives.

    But, I'd imagine that chance of protest will go up the more people are out of a job.

  9. #39
    mountain surfing nomadic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    wow. its gonna be a really really crazy opening today

    watch out... train coming thru

  10. #40
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tenINsFJ View Post
    I SKIPPED ALL THE POSTS AND DIDN'T READ THE THREAD BUT.

    WE ARE NOT A *#$*^@ DEMOCRACY, HOLY #&$@.

    THAT ANNOYS ME SO MUCH WHEN PEOPLE SAY THAT. WE HAVE NEVER BEEN A DEMOCRACY, NOT EVEN WHEN WE FIRST CAME OVER FROM BRITAIN.

    WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A REPUBLIC.

    BIG DIFFERENCE.

    Ok thanks. Bye. <3


    I make this point regularly, but we do have democratic elections in this country, and it is the logistics of those we are discussing here.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Similar Threads

  1. Which is more useful in the real world?
    By yenom in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 05-04-2013, 03:31 PM
  2. Why does this subforum turn into gloating about political gains for your own party?
    By simulatedworld in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-23-2009, 09:33 PM
  3. [MBTItm] Turning into an infp.
    By braziljoe in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-12-2009, 03:24 PM
  4. INFp Turning into INFj
    By Ginkgo in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 232
    Last Post: 09-25-2009, 09:48 PM
  5. "A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on."
    By sriv in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-23-2008, 08:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO