User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 51

  1. #21
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    well only because the wall street journal did the work already for me today.

    Voting Snafus Rare but Worrisome - WSJ.com

    enjoy. =)
    Where are the problems with voting accuracy there? I see logistical issues, and an explanation of the legal implications of ballot challenges. How would those be accuracy problems, and how would they be proof that voting accuracy has gotten worse in the past ten years?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  2. #22
    mountain surfing nomadic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    ^ all wall street cares about is reality.

    if u want to make a bet with me that this election goes 100% smooth with no problems. I will give you 1-1 odds.

    You can bet up to 100 dollars. I will have my pay pal account handy.

    =)

  3. #23
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    I'll say that the goal is to eventually reduce this nation to a mere shdaow of what it was and erode our rights and wealth. That is already being done quite successfuly and will continue to be done until people take the time to look this stuff up and take a stand against it. But judging by how most people around here act, I'd say we're still a long ways off. A VERY long way...

  4. #24
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    ^ all wall street cares about is reality.

    if u want to make a bet with me that this election goes 100% smooth with no problems. I will give you 1-1 odds.

    You can bet up to 100 dollars. I will have my pay pal account handy.

    =)
    Red herring much? Every election has problems. Guess what? The 2000 and 2004 elections were settled properly, according to the U.S. Constitution. You claimed that voting accuracy has gotten worse in our country in the past ten years, yet you refuse to cite specific examples. In fact, the elections of 1960 and 2000 are the only two elections in the past century in which there will legitimate disputes as to the winner of individual states that mattered in the Electoral College. Kennedy won Illinois with the (alleged) help of some shady behavior, and we all remember the mess in Florida in 2000. Do you honestly think even those elections were as bad as, say, the election of 1876, when Samuel Tilden almost certainly won both the popular and electoral votes?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  5. #25
    mountain surfing nomadic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    ^ well this seems like one of those arguments that can go on forever.

    if you don't want to bet that this upcoming election will be problem free, then fine. i agree with you.

  6. #26
    Senior Member lowtech redneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Where are the problems with voting accuracy there? I see logistical issues, and an explanation of the legal implications of ballot challenges. How would those be accuracy problems, and how would they be proof that voting accuracy has gotten worse in the past ten years?
    Careful, pure_mercury, or people will complain that you're creating a hostile debate environment by introducing facts and logic again. :rolli:

  7. #27
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Careful, pure_mercury, or people will complain that you're creating a hostile debate environment by introducing facts and logic again. :rolli:
    Yeah, I wouldn't want that. You know how much concern I harbor for delicate sensibilities.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  8. #28
    mountain surfing nomadic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    uh man

    i just got back from softball

    if u want to think i backed out... lol go ahead.

    doesn't change the fact that a lot of people do believe that the 2004 election was stolen.

    Was the 2004 Election Stolen? : Rolling Stone

    Report: Florida data suggests e-voting problems - CNET News

    Researchers at the University of California at Berkeley published on Friday a statistical analysis of irregularities in Florida voter behavior that contends that the voting patterns favored President Bush to the tune of 130,000 to 260,000 votes.

    either way, if the past is any indicator, i would bet that there is a high likihood of something happening again.

    In the end, what happens, and putting money behind your words is all that matters to me.

    A lot of academics put forth theories that no one cares whether becomes true or not, a lot of ESPN "analysts" don't get held to what they predict when they are wrong. Thats not how the market works thank gawd. Its the last bastion of truth. If you are right, you are rewarded. If you are wrong, you are punished.

    Lets go by market rules, and see what happens, place your bets!

    1-1 odds there will be some controversy about voting accuracy in the 2008 presidential election.

    see what i did, i gave you information with which you can use to bet against me. Information is money. This is against market logic to provide you with information that you can use. anyways, the MN Clearinghouse is open. Place your political development bets. No more senseless arguing. =)

  9. #29
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    I say take a look around. We are very much becoming a third-world nation in more ways than politically, IMO.
    I think I know what you're talking about, and I happen to agree if that's the case.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Anja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    2,967

    Default

    Well, my unspoken thought behind that was our steadily dropping educational, medical, personal health status.

    Didn't eeeeeven mention the moral climate. It's no surprise that elections seem some awry.

    I sometimes think that you all would be shocked if you had lived for six decades and seen the tremendous amount of social decay I have witnessed.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Similar Threads

  1. Which is more useful in the real world?
    By yenom in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 05-04-2013, 03:31 PM
  2. Why does this subforum turn into gloating about political gains for your own party?
    By simulatedworld in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-23-2009, 09:33 PM
  3. [MBTItm] Turning into an infp.
    By braziljoe in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-12-2009, 03:24 PM
  4. INFp Turning into INFj
    By Ginkgo in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 232
    Last Post: 09-25-2009, 09:48 PM
  5. "A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on."
    By sriv in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-23-2008, 08:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO