User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    well only because the wall street journal did the work already for me today.

Voting Snafus Rare but Worrisome - WSJ.com

enjoy. =)
    Where are the problems with voting accuracy there? I see logistical issues, and an explanation of the legal implications of ballot challenges. How would those be accuracy problems, and how would they be proof that voting accuracy has gotten worse in the past ten years?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    enfp

^ all wall street cares about is reality.

if u want to make a bet with me that this election goes 100% smooth with no problems. I will give you 1-1 odds.

You can bet up to 100 dollars. I will have my pay pal account handy.

=)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I'll say that the goal is to eventually reduce this nation to a mere shdaow of what it was and erode our rights and wealth. That is already being done quite successfuly and will continue to be done until people take the time to look this stuff up and take a stand against it. But judging by how most people around here act, I'd say we're still a long ways off. A VERY long way...

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    ^ all wall street cares about is reality.

if u want to make a bet with me that this election goes 100% smooth with no problems. I will give you 1-1 odds.

You can bet up to 100 dollars. I will have my pay pal account handy.

=)
    Red herring much? Every election has problems. Guess what? The 2000 and 2004 elections were settled properly, according to the U.S. Constitution. You claimed that voting accuracy has gotten worse in our country in the past ten years, yet you refuse to cite specific examples. In fact, the elections of 1960 and 2000 are the only two elections in the past century in which there will legitimate disputes as to the winner of individual states that mattered in the Electoral College. Kennedy won Illinois with the (alleged) help of some shady behavior, and we all remember the mess in Florida in 2000. Do you honestly think even those elections were as bad as, say, the election of 1876, when Samuel Tilden almost certainly won both the popular and electoral votes?

MBTI
    enfp

^ well this seems like one of those arguments that can go on forever.

if you don't want to bet that this upcoming election will be problem free, then fine. i agree with you.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Where are the problems with voting accuracy there? I see logistical issues, and an explanation of the legal implications of ballot challenges. How would those be accuracy problems, and how would they be proof that voting accuracy has gotten worse in the past ten years?
    Careful, pure_mercury, or people will complain that you're creating a hostile debate environment by introducing facts and logic again. :rolli:

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Careful, pure_mercury, or people will complain that you're creating a hostile debate environment by introducing facts and logic again. :rolli:
    Yeah, I wouldn't want that. You know how much concern I harbor for delicate sensibilities.

MBTI
    enfp

uh man

i just got back from softball

if u want to think i backed out... lol go ahead.

doesn't change the fact that a lot of people do believe that the 2004 election was stolen.

Was the 2004 Election Stolen? : Rolling Stone

Report: Florida data suggests e-voting problems - CNET News

Researchers at the University of California at Berkeley published on Friday a statistical analysis of irregularities in Florida voter behavior that contends that the voting patterns favored President Bush to the tune of 130,000 to 260,000 votes.

either way, if the past is any indicator, i would bet that there is a high likihood of something happening again.

In the end, what happens, and putting money behind your words is all that matters to me.

A lot of academics put forth theories that no one cares whether becomes true or not, a lot of ESPN "analysts" don't get held to what they predict when they are wrong. Thats not how the market works thank gawd. Its the last bastion of truth. If you are right, you are rewarded. If you are wrong, you are punished.

Lets go by market rules, and see what happens, place your bets!

1-1 odds there will be some controversy about voting accuracy in the 2008 presidential election.

see what i did, i gave you information with which you can use to bet against me. Information is money. This is against market logic to provide you with information that you can use. anyways, the MN Clearinghouse is open. Place your political development bets. No more senseless arguing. =)

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    I say take a look around. We are very much becoming a third-world nation in more ways than politically, IMO.
    I think I know what you're talking about, and I happen to agree if that's the case.

MBTI
    INFP

Well, my unspoken thought behind that was our steadily dropping educational, medical, personal health status.

Didn't eeeeeven mention the moral climate. It's no surprise that elections seem some awry.

I sometimes think that you all would be shocked if you had lived for six decades and seen the tremendous amount of social decay I have witnessed.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer