User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastMohican View Post
    Right, but the hypocrisy is upheld by other people like Bill O'Reilly.
    What do you mean specifically?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Right, but the hypocrisy is upheld by other people like Bill O'Reilly.
    Muffins taste good.

(that's as relevant to Palin as O'Reilly is.)
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Muffins taste good.

Are the muffins far-right wing republicans?

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    Are the muffins far-right wing republicans?
    Yes. The muffins will be writing in Tom Tancredo.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    What do you mean specifically?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Muffins taste good.

My point is not one against Palin directly, but against hypocrisy common in the Republican party. My reference to O'Reilly was regarding his comments about the news of Jamie Lynn Spears' pregnancy (he said it was primarily the fault of her parents). Though Palin herself has not made this obvious, it is rampant among her constituents.

MBTI
    ESFJ

My point is not one against Palin directly, but against hypocrisy common in the Republican party. My reference to O'Reilly was regarding his comments about the news of Jamie Lynn Spears' pregnancy (he said it was primarily the fault of her parents). Though Palin herself has not made this obvious, it is rampant among her constituents.
    Made what obvious?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Made what obvious?
    She has not made such hypocritical public comments (that I know of).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Please. The two situations are completely COMPLETELY different. One involves a 16 year old girl growing up in the ugliness of Hollywood stardom, whith a sister who's bat shit crazy. Because of everything surrounding the family, yes, it was appropriate to blame the parents for the screwed up mess the children keep finding themselves in.

Palin's daughter, on the other hand, got preganant at 17 to a guy she's going to marry, with a family situation that is FAR more normal than the Spears family. With the Palin family, nobody is suffering from any craziness and chaos. They're completely different situations and sets of circumstances.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    But I get annoyed when she plays the special needs kid card, or when people play it for her. She just had the little guy. It's not like she's been enduring this particular plight (I say this with a whole fuckin' lot of irony, because I think it's offensive how people talk about parents of developmentally disabled kids as martyrs) for very long. It's a small and insignificant point that just gets on my nerves.
    I wasn't saying that she's a martyr, merely that taking care of a special needs child is very difficult. Apparently, many other people agree, as over 90% of Down Syndrome babies are aborted (I seriously hope that wikipedia number is bullshit-on a side note, if such numbers are accurate, she DOES deserve commendation from anyone who happens to believe that abortion is morally wrong). Taking care of a special needs child (particularly an infant) while caring for four other children is no mean feat. Doing so while having a demanding career is even more impressive, and I think someone with less than above-average intelligence is unlikely to do justice to both jobs at the same time. In the context I used it, the fact that Palin's youngest child is developmentally disabled is not insignificant.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    I wasn't saying that she's a martyr, merely that taking care of a special needs child is very difficult. Apparently, many other people agree, as over 90% of Down Syndrome babies are aborted (I seriously hope that wikipedia number is bullshit-on a side note, if such numbers are accurate, she DOES deserve commendation from anyone who happens to believe that abortion is morally wrong). Taking care of a special needs child (particularly an infant) while caring for four other children is no mean feat. Doing so while having a demanding career is even more impressive, and I think someone with less than above-average intelligence is unlikely to do justice to both jobs at the same time. In the context I used it, the fact that Palin's youngest child is developmentally disabled is not insignificant.

No, I meant that it was insignificant that I am bothered by people harping on it.

To have four kids alone and a career is impressive in and of itself. It's just that she hasn't really even begun to experience the challenge of having a special needs child. Honestly, I do admire her for keeping the kid, and I find the 90% statistic horrifying too (while firmly believing that it's not my place to tell anyone that they can't do that). I think she's intelligent and strong, probably. Also, I think she's wrong on energy, foreign policy, the economy, health care, and a bunch of other topics which I consider before voting for anybody.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.