veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    Just note that there is a hypocrisy in her presenting herself as the good, moral, real christian candidate (like many republicans try to do) whilst failing to prevent her daughter from having sex before marriage.
    No there is not. If Sarah was having an extramarital affair, then she would be demonstrating hypocrisy. The actions of her daughter cannot be evidence of hypocrisy on the part of Sarah. I haven't heard Sarah scolding any other parents for their teenage daughters getting pregnant.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

I can take for granted that the woman is reasonably intelligent. I think she's wrong as hell about lots of stuff and has scary fundamentalist beliefs, but she is intelligent enough.

But I get annoyed when she plays the special needs kid card, or when people play it for her. She just had the little guy. It's not like she's been enduring this particular plight (I say this with a whole fuckin' lot of irony, because I think it's offensive how people talk about parents of developmentally disabled kids as martyrs) for very long. It's a small and insignificant point that just gets on my nerves.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    INTP

First of it is rather obvious that people have some sort of personal attachment to miss palin. I find it kind of ironic that IQ detractors, point to specific concrete markers of her supposed intelligence, and disregard the more applied general aspects that it is supposed to predict. Logistical intelligence? are you kidding me? that is probably the easiest to asses from afar and she most certainly is lacking in that. Last time I checked that involved articulating responses and reasoning them out both things she painfully lacks.

Social I will give you that, but I'm not trying to elect a smart, people person president. That skill is reserved for augmenting other skills not to be the main factor. We all obviously saw how that worked out with Mr.Bush. Clinton, I think, we can all agree is infinitely more charismatic, and people "smart" then Ms. Pallin. The difference was he had a whole host of other skills which she sorely lacks.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Heh, well I wasn't really addressing you, just adding to the thread in general.
    Sorry, I assumed because you posted underneath me

Although you can tell by observing her that she has a high social intelligence, and that is the type of intelligence that is important in politics.
    Well this kind of observation is subjective (the bad biased kind). The extent of her social intelligence is knowing how to connect to her party base, through winking, "real america" talk, negative attacks on the other candidate which have no root in reality, etc. This is important in politics, in the part where you're trying to get elected, after you get elected, it plays a minor role in foreign negotiations, but not really because the president is basically told what to say and do by advisors.

She is fairly eloquent and poised and such. She seems fairly good at reading people and is charismatic.
    Eloquence relative to what? Last time I saw she has trouble making a complete and proper sentence on her own unless she's regurgitating what she's been told.

Bush on the other hand has trouble putting a coherent sentence together, and frequently messes up figures of speech. Compared to Bush she seems very intelligent.
    Both have trouble putting coherent sentences together, both use figures of speech incorrectly, watch sarah's interviews.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Hmmm forgotten who made this analogy, but I think it's fitting...

IQ is just like horsepower in a car, it tells you nothing about the performance of the vehicle if the handling is poor.

I don't think Palin is below average intelligence. My suspicion is she's probably above 110... you need something to make yourself the governor of a state. However I don't think she uses her intelligence very well... some most pretty much all of her debate responses are awful.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    First of it is rather obvious that people have some sort of personal attachment to miss palin.
    I don't. I'm not really that fond of her, personally. And she certainly wasn't anywhere close to my first choice for McCain's running mate.

I find it kind of ironic that IQ detractors, point to specific concrete markers of her supposed intelligence, and disregard the more applied general aspects that it is supposed to predict.
    Heh. I think this might go in that "N vs S" topic. I think "specific concrete markers" are always more important than "applied general aspects."

Logistical intelligence? are you kidding me? that is probably the easiest to asses from afar and she most certainly is lacking in that. Last time I checked that involved articulating responses and reasoning them out both things she painfully lacks.
    I'm using that term the way David Keirsey does in his temperament theory, which doesn't necessarily involve articulating or reasoning anything. It's more about "seeing to it that the right personnel have the right supplies in the right place at the right time to get the job done."

Clinton, I think, we can all agree is infinitely more charismatic, and people "smart" then Ms. Pallin. The difference was he had a whole host of other skills which she sorely lacks.
    She's probably not as good at staining the dresses of interns, so good point.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    The actions of her daughter cannot be evidence of hypocrisy on the part of Sarah. I haven't heard Sarah scolding any other parents for their teenage daughters getting pregnant.
    True, however, were Obama's daughters to be older and the same thing happened to them (and palin's daugher never got pregnant), don't you think that the Republicans would play the "they're immoral" card? Just a thought... I can imagine the commercial right now lol.

The hypocrisy can be shown to the extent of Palin failing to raise her daughter to the standards she holds for herself, yes the daughter is an individual that can make value judgements for herself, but as a christian Palin must be ashamed to some extent because her daughter is off to hell now Do we really want a woman to be president who failed to prevent her own daughter from being cast into eternal hellfire?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    True, however, were Obama's daughters to be older and the same thing happened to them (and palin's daugher never got pregnant), don't you think that the Republicans would play the "they're immoral" card? Just a thought... I can imagine the commercial right now lol.

I think they'd jump on a documented abortion way faster than an out-of-wedlock pregnancy, especially considering that out-of-wedlock pregnancies tend to be more common in so-called "red states."
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I think they'd jump over a documented abortion way faster than an out-of-wedlock pregnancy, especially considering that out-of-wedlock pregnancies tend to be more common in so-called "red states."
    I can see the commercial now.. "The Obama family, Baby Killers, do you really want them to run the White house? *I'm AmeriCain and I approve this message*"

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I haven't heard Sarah scolding any other parents for their teenage daughters getting pregnant.
    Right, but the hypocrisy is upheld by other people like Bill O'Reilly.