User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    There were a lot of female Democratic voters doing just that with Hillary. They didn't know the policy points; they just thought the 1990s were good and that Hillary was the most viable female candidate.

I didn't condone women voting for Hilary because she's a woman.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    I didn't condone women voting for Hilary because she's a woman.
    And I don't condone women voting for Hillary for ANY reason, so we're in the same ballpark.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

What reasons do you have for believing that Palin is above average in intelligence? We must at first assume that she is average because most people are average, cite examples of how she demonstrates that she is more intelligent than the average bear.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Actually I think she is fairly bright, but I don't think she's had any interest in federal issues until now. On top of that issues that are important to Alaskans are not really relevant to most people in the rest of the US. A politician from a large diverse state like California, Texas, Illinois, etc... is going to be confronted with issues that are very similar to those on the federal level. An Alaskan politician is going to be familiar with energy policy and that is about it.

Overall I would say she is bright, but ignorant of federal issues. If she were president I don't think she'd be as bad as W. Although I don't really think anyone would be as bad as W.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Okay, I've learned that you think that she is bright, but you have not justified your position in any way.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    What reasons do you have for believing that Palin is above average in intelligence? We must at first assume that she is average because most people are average, cite examples of how she demonstrates that she is more intelligent than the average bear.
    She held an Executive position in government (as both a mayor and a governor) while raising five children, one with special needs. A person with average intelligence could do one or the other, but it takes above-average intelligence to do both competently (and before some asshole raises the issue of her daughter's pregnancy, that is something that could happen in any family despite good parenting-there's nothing to indicate some sort of neglect or unhealthy upbringing). Her apparent breadth of knowledge leaves a lot to be desired, but she seems to learn things rather quickly. I don't think she's a genuis, but I do think that she has above-average intelligence.

I don't particularly care if someone dislikes her policy positions, breadth of knowledge, or even her personal beliefs. I do, however, think that the negative reaction towards her by a large portion of Obama supporters goes far beyond what is reasonable.

MBTI
    INTP

I think it extends further than lack of "general" knowledge, I would say you could include "general" reasoning ability in the areas she lacks considerable skill in.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    Okay, I've learned that you think that she is bright, but you have not justified your position in any way.
    Heh, well I wasn't really addressing you, just adding to the thread in general.

Although you can tell by observing her that she has a high social intelligence, and that is the type of intelligence that is important in politics. She is fairly eloquent and poised and such. She seems fairly good at reading people and is charismatic. Bush on the other hand has trouble putting a coherent sentence together, and frequently messes up figures of speech. Compared to Bush she seems very intelligent.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    She held an Executive position in government (as both a mayor and a governor) while raising five children, one with special needs. A person with average intelligence could do one or the other, but it takes above-average intelligence to do both competently
    What makes you think that a person with average intelligence can't handle both at once? When your kids get to a certain age they can fend for themselves for the most part, but yes she does have a special needs baby that she has to care for, but I don't see how that would be significantly more difficult to raise than a normal baby. Retardation just means slower development and a lower peak in intelligence, a retarded baby can't be too hard to raise, it just develops slower mentally.

A government position is just like any other job, I don't see how it would require more intelligence than say, a principal. Its the same job but on a larger scale, but you also have much more help from the people in your administration who know more about the branch they cover than you do yourself.

(and before some asshole raises the issue of her daughter's pregnancy, that is something that could happen in any family despite good parenting-there's nothing to indicate some sort of neglect or unhealthy upbringing).
    I'm going to be that asshole anyways

Just note that there is a hypocrisy in her presenting herself as the good, moral, real christian candidate (like many republicans try to do) whilst failing to prevent her daughter from having sex before marriage.

Her apparent breadth of knowledge leaves a lot to be desired, but she seems to learn things rather quickly.
    She's great at eating information that is fed to her and regurgitating it when needed, even if it is irrelevant.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Strange to see this kind of confusion on a site devoted to type & temperament discussion.

Bush is high in tactical intelligence, and low in diplomatic intelligence. Palin is high in logistical intelligence and low in strategic. (Obama is the opposite of Palin, and Kerry was the opposite of Bush.)
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel