User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I think my problem with Palin is that she doesn't seem to use her intelligence in evaluating and processing new situations, so as to determine a "best answer" that is suited to the situation.

Instead, she seems to come into a situation with her answers predetermined and uses her intelligence merely to figure out a way to implement her goals.
    No arguments there. That is one of the major problems with Bush's crew. The answers were predetermined, contrary evidence be damned.

I could be wrong. She might only be average. I don't think she's BELOW average.
    What's Dubya again? 125, tested? More than average and probably surprising to some people.
    I've seen 120-something for him before Of course, different IQ tests make for different estimates of relative intelligence. Sometimes 140 is genius-level, sometimes it's closer to 155-160. I am sure he is more intelligent than the median American adult male, although he is probably about average (or slightly less) for the median American adult male of socioeconomic status and education level.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I'd call her cunning more than intelligent. However, how valuable is IQ, as scored by tests, to the President of the United States? Do they have alot of multiple choice questions finding the correct shape to match the pattern?

Her problem is that she has a terrible case of foot-in-mouth disease. Give her a script and a teleprompter, and she excels. However, strip that away and things get pretty ugly.

Isn't anyone the least bit concerned about having a president that can't answer basic questions in an interview?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I'd call her cunning more than intelligent. However, how valuable is IQ, as scored by tests, to the President of the United States? Do they have alot of multiple choice questions finding the correct shape to match the pattern?

Her problem is that she has a terrible case of foot-in-mouth disease. Give her a script and a teleprompter, and she excels. However, strip that away and things get pretty ugly.

Isn't anyone the least bit concerned about having a president that can't answer basic questions in an interview?
    Are we talking about the interview when she was asked about the Bush doctrine? The ambiguous Bush doctrine that essentially has multiple different definitions. Or are we referring to other interviews? And if I remember correctly, she made a hell of an impression during her big speech for being chosen as Mccain's running mate. The teleprompter broke while she was doing the speech at the convention and she didn't even flinch. I could make the same argument about Obama since for the vast majority of his campaign he relied heavily on *GASP* teleprompters! And I can't say the guy was appeared any more competent when things went arry on that pretty screen with the words on it!

Thank God she doesn't go around criticising her own candidate, and making doomsday speeches about their future presidency. Gee, I wonder who would be stupid enough to do those things...

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

you seem to forget that on average, when NOT coached to the extent that she was for her acceptance speech, she's about as smooth as gravel

the fact that she can't actually ever answer the question she's asked doesn't look all that bright either- if they wanted to hear what she has to say on the other topic they would have asked her
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

After so many years of fighting for women rights and many conflicts, many women would do anything to kill even the smallest chance of getting a female president.

Can it get any better that this?

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    you seem to forget that on average, when NOT coached to the extent that she was for her acceptance speech, she's about as smooth as gravel

the fact that she can't actually ever answer the question she's asked doesn't look all that bright either- if they wanted to hear what she has to say on the other topic they would have asked her
    All you have to do is go to YouTube and watch some clips from her interviews. She talks in circles, evading questions, stumbling over herself like she doesn't have a CLUE what is going on.

She has TONS of questionable, ethical tactics in the short time she has been in a public office, all the while toting her 'devotion' to Christianity and Grass Roots causes including:

1. Trying to ban books from libraries that are accepted as normal material for libraries nationwide

2. Victims of rape have to pay for their OWN rape kits

3. She cuts spending on single parent assistance programs (ironically her own daughter is now a young, unmarried, pregnant woman)

4. She thinks she can flirt her way through everything, and that if she is charming enough she will get her own way. Seriously, can you see this woman sitting with representatives from all over the world and using cuss words? Every other sentence she uses includes 'Heck, Dang, Dog-gone-it... etc etc. Even my eight year old knows what these words mean. It might be appealing to the common masses as a 'real down home gal', but come ON. We're talking world politics people!

5. She has a beginning pattern of threatening people with their jobs (including the librarian from issue #1 and her ex brother in law) when she doesn't get what she wants.

6. She uses government money to pay for her own personal expenses

7. She wants to give the VP position 'control over the Senate', which is NOT what the position does. Look up Vice President on Wikipedia for a definition of the position and you will see that she is WAY out of line with her intentions and probably even her knowledge of what the position is for.

There are tons and TONS of things that make me wonder about her ability to even speak intelligently, much less when under pressure and things aren't well rehearsed. She has questionable ethics, doesn't understand the constitution (or even respect the law... how many times during the VP debate did she say 'Government needs to get out of our way') ...

:steam:

Don't get me started any worse than I already am.
    Embrace the possibilities.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

agreed- she's a crazy bitch who I don't really think is a woman... (I'd mentioned the rape kit argument earlier in defense of my "she's not in MY gender!" post!)

If a woman who actually is competent were in her place maybe I'd care, but I'm not voting for someone just because they're female- they have to agree with me too...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Are we talking about the interview when she was asked about the Bush doctrine? The ambiguous Bush doctrine that essentially has multiple different definitions. Or are we referring to other interviews? And if I remember correctly, she made a hell of an impression during her big speech for being chosen as Mccain's running mate. The teleprompter broke while she was doing the speech at the convention and she didn't even flinch. I could make the same argument about Obama since for the vast majority of his campaign he relied heavily on *GASP* teleprompters! And I can't say the guy was appeared any more competent when things went arry on that pretty screen with the words on it!
    No, I'm talking about the Couric interviews.

As for the teleprompter, I'm sure Palin rehearsed her speech well enough that she could give it [mostly] from memory. The debates showed she is effective at that. I still give her credit... it was pretty impressive.

I just watched the Obama clip where his teleprompter broke and I must admit it's pretty bad. The boy really did look lost. Still, keep in mind that we are comparing a primary stump speech to the Republican convention speech. I don't really consider it apples to apples.

Thank God she doesn't go around criticising her own candidate, and making doomsday speeches about their future presidency. Gee, I wonder who would be stupid enough to do those things...
    Biden did the former when he was running against Obama in the Primary. I wouldn't be so quick to assume that Palin wouldn't have done something similar to McCain, had she been running against him in the Primary.

Re: The doomsday speech... I think Biden is being honest here. New presidents are often tested by rogue leaders, and I don't see Obama being any different. He's unproven, and they are going to feel him out and test their boundaries. On the other hand, McCain has been pretty clear he is dying for the opportunity to use his military experience, so countries, especially Iran, will be a bit more cautious with him. I expect McCain will be tested as well though, but in a less direct fashion.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    I'd like to know just what you guys are basing your intelligence judgements on. Exactly what has she done (be specific) that you think makes her stupid?
    She may just be horrible in debates and interviews, but I get the impression that she doesn't know what the hell she's talking about.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post

Honestly, I don't know why there are so many apologists out there. When you can't actively use your intelligence what good is that? I mean IQ is just a test, something you sit down and use in one situation(and can be coached heavily on, I might add). Is it not suppose to predict how you can apply it in varying situations.

I mean, honestly, if you can't answer questions directly and it seems like your not even comprehending them, let alone providing context, justification, and clarification what good is that. I get that some people may not be the best at thinking on their feet, I really do. When you can't answer simple questions directly though, your intelligence as assessed by me goes down in rating rather quickly.

This isn't even considering that we're talking about the possible president of the United States. I want a person in that position to be clearly head and shoulders above me in terms of intelligence and ability to handle new situations. Ms. Palin most assuredly does not give me that confidence.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.