User Tag List

First 311121314 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Here's an interesting article about Palin's relationship with the McCain campaign.

Palin's 'going rogue,' McCain aide says - CNN.com

A second McCain source says she appears to be looking out for herself more than the McCain campaign.

"She is a diva. She takes no advice from anyone," said this McCain adviser. "She does not have any relationships of trust with any of us, her family or anyone else.

"Also, she is playing for her own future and sees herself as the next leader of the party. Remember: Divas trust only unto themselves, as they see themselves as the beginning and end of all wisdom."
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Here's an interesting article about Palin's relationship with the McCain campaign.

Palin's 'going rogue,' McCain aide says - CNN.com
    Good for her.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Nice article, Lateralus.

What was most striking to me was not necessarily that Palin might be trying to unconventionally anchor the final leg of her campaign (her political future in general...) by breaking rank with McCain, it was that the term "diva" was explicitly defined.

Almost as if CNN was deliberately tailoring the quote/term to match the behavioral characteristics of Palin...

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Nice article, Lateralus.

What was most striking to me was not necessarily that Palin might be trying to unconventionally anchor the final leg of her campaign (her political future in general...) by breaking rank with McCain, it was that the term "diva" was explicitly defined.

Almost as if CNN was deliberately tailoring the quote/term to match the behavioral characteristics of Palin...

She was explicit in acknowledging that their campaign was suffering because of Dubya's unpopularity, too. Pretty ballsy, I must say.

Palin: Bush a major obstacle for campaign - Nightly News with Brian Williams - MSNBC.com
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

What I found interesting is that this was a quote of a McCain adviser, not the opinion of a journalist. I also find the idea that this woman thinks she should be the leader of the Republican party to be ridiculous. I don't think anyone can make a reasonable argument that there aren't serious problems with the Republican party, but Palin is not the answer. She's part of the problem.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    What I found interesting is that this was a quote of a McCain adviser, not the opinion of a journalist. I also find the idea that this woman thinks she should be the leader of the Republican party to be ridiculous. I don't think anyone can make a reasonable argument that there aren't serious problems with the Republican party, but Palin is not the answer. She's part of the problem.
    Agreed.

She isn't a leader. She's a novelty appointment intended to distract from the charisma wars McCain has historically come up short with when compared to Obama.

She's a poor representation of the McCain campaign to appeal to disenfranchised Hillary Clinton supporters frustrated with Obama's nomination.

The Republican ticket lacks distinction. Their mistake is trying to compete with the glitterati of Obama, instead of focusing on concrete economics that would serve to advance our present financial state/distance McCain from Bush.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

America doesn't need a leader. Contemplate this.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    America doesn't need a leader. Contemplate this.
    You're referring to Spontaneous Order?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    You're referring to Spontaneous Order?
    That doesn't sound familiar.

I just think we need a do-nothing government, for the most part.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I just think we need a do-nothing government, for the most part.
    People rarely vote for what they need.

Desire often wins out.