User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I would definitley say that there are plenty of factors outside of intelligence or lack thereof that would make Palin a bad President.

For one, most of the world sees her as an idiot, and not a particularly likable one- if we want to get back into the good graces of the international community she's probably not the best choice for that.

Another reason that she would probably suck as president? She may have some exectutive experience, but it is in a state that doesn't even IDENTIFY with the rest of the US most of the time and doesn't put a high amount of emphasis on the executive roles of the state government.

Mrs. Palin herself doesn't beleive in the public education system, so I'd certainly hate to see what she would do with our public schools

Her role in women's health issues is also rather grim... I wouldn't look forward to trying to find Plan B or even particularly a variety of birth control options if she has much say in anything :horor:

Just some thoughts to broaden the debate a bit more
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    This guy seems to think the success of presidencies increase with IQ. But it doesn't seem like this was a serious study. I'd have to know what qualifies a "successful presidency" here.
    Hmmm...that was interesting. But yeah, their methods for determining IQ and what counts as "success" are controversial to say the least.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Another reason that she would probably suck as president? She may have some exectutive experience, but it is in a state that doesn't even IDENTIFY with the rest of the US most of the time and doesn't put a high amount of emphasis on the executive roles of the state government.
    I think that being a governor is still pretty good experience. You literally make life-or-death situations in some cases (if they have the death penalty; Alaska does not).

Mrs. Palin herself doesn't beleive in the public education system, so I'd certainly hate to see what she would do with our public schools
    Are you sure about that? Alaska has public schools, and her kids went to them (Bristol Palin was in a public high school when she got pregnant).

Her role in women's health issues is also rather grim... I wouldn't look forward to trying to find Plan B or even particularly a variety of birth control options if she has much say in anything :horor
    She's pro-contraception. This has been done to death in various threads.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    She's pro-contraception. This has been done to death in various threads.
    I'm NOT willing to be led by someone who makes women pay for thier own rape kits AT ALL.... fucking bitch...

and like I said- just throwing some ideas out- I'm too tired at the moment to bother with really arguing with y'all- just doing a favor and sewing a bit of discord!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    On a side note, since this discussion is about Sarah Palin's intelligence, I think it would be pertinent to point out that the trend has been that presidents with higher (estimated) IQ's have generally been worse presidents (e.g., Nixon, Clinton). At least this is what I hear, though I haven't taken the trouble to research this extensively.
    True. However, our current president proves that having a low (by presidential standards) IQ certainly is not a benefit in office. He's estimated to have an IQ of around 120, that puts him behind every modern president except...Warren Harding, who was a failure.

As for Palin being president...I think I'll apply for Canadian citizenship.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    True. However, our current president proves that having a low (by presidential standards) IQ certainly is not a benefit in office. He's estimated to have an IQ of around 120, that puts him behind every modern president except...Warren Harding, who was a failure.

I've seen estimates of Reagan's IQ being lower than Bush's 120-125.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I've seen estimates of Reagan's IQ being lower than Bush's 120-125.
    of course, his mind was dissolving over the course of his presidency as well....

and who administers these IQ tests that we're supposed to beleive anyways?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

of course, his mind was dissolving over the course of his presidency as well....

and who administers these IQ tests that we're supposed to beleive anyways?
    Yeah there are no tests. Some of the estimates are based off of known SAT scores or other standardized test scores, and others (the majority) are based on what biographical information is known about them. I don't think that there is a real reliable method.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    Agreed. I hear Montreal is a great city.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ESFJ

I'm NOT willing to be led by someone who makes women pay for thier own rape kits AT ALL.... fucking bitch...

and like I said- just throwing some ideas out- I'm too tired at the moment to bother with really arguing with y'all- just doing a favor and sewing a bit of discord!
    I'm pretty sure that rape kits get billed to insurance (if you have it) or to the state health insurance (if you do not). Unfortunately, they often don't cover the full cost, which sucks. There seem to be arguments concerning which agency should be footing the bill, and state and local governments are almost always cash-strapped. However, even if someone is stuck with a bill, they can usually avoid or delay paying for a long time, and states often end up being the payer of last resort for the truly indigent. It's a totally screwy system, and I believe the cost should be borne by the local police department, but I also would rather have this system in place rather than police departments not getting women proper care immediately because of budget and procedural restraints. And there are women's aid organizations who are set up to deal with just this sort of bureaucratic failing. I have no idea if they are any good in a place like Alaska.