User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Maybe mixing Miller High Life with potentially explosive conversation isn't too smart either.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    eSTP
    Socionics
    eSTp

Quote Originally Posted by oasispaw View Post
    i think it would really depend on the context. whites are dumb.
    You mean them crackers, right?
    Power is the virtue that makes all other virtues possible.
    Youtube - Oversensitive Witches
    Scary Bedtime Prayer

MBTI
    INFP

Victor, I agree with you except for the part about words not being powerful. On reflection, I'm sure you would rescind that.

That's one of the reasons renaming things exists - because of the power of words.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    SJ's are the most politically correct. /thread
    Maybe so. Maybe this is one of the many areas of typical SJ behavior that I deviate from, as well.

Like Bella said and I relate with, is annoyance with people that vehemently will diss another. I have my issues with religion and God, I'm not religious but if someone wants to say to another that does feel convicted that God exists that "there is NO God.", that's an example of crap that bothers me. I don't know if that's really a good example of political correctness though. Probably not.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Maybe so. Maybe this is one of the many areas of typical SJ behavior that I deviate from, as well.

Like Bella said and I relate with, is annoyance with people that vehemently will diss another. I have my issues with religion and God, I'm not religious but if someone wants to say to another that does feel convicted that God exists that "there is NO God.", that's an example of crap that bothers me. I don't know if that's really a good example of political correctness though.
    You know, I can still handle that. But I see what you're saying, someone shouting that in someone' face for example is not so great, but even then...What I really don't like is, 'look at that fat, white trash, retard' - within hearing distance of said retard.
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    within hearing distance of said retard.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by MissMurder View Post
    You mean them crackers, right?
    Well since we're on that topic :
    The Racial Slur Database: Helping make the world a better place.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Hm.. I wonder. I think I use politically correct terms a lot, even though I don't like them. If I had no fear of hurting others around me, I'd have no fear in what I said. As it stands.. I do value (much to my own dismay sometimes) the way others feel, and end up being nicer most of the time as a result.. The downside is, I end up losing meanings of things in the process.
    I have the exact opposite problem, its kinda strange for being an ENFP. I can sympathize with others just as well as any other ENFP, and then I just throw it out the window. Ive been called insensitive at times to be mild.

Only people who have and or deserve my respect obtain my sympathy.
    SDMF

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    This thread really needed a poll. Does anyone actually support political correctness?

That sort of thing is silly. Why the hell someone could be offended by being called "black" is beyond me. If you called their son a 'golliwogg' or 'monkey' I would have understood but 'black'.
    Apparently I didn't see the offense either Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by oasispaw View Post
    i generally cater to my audience whether politically correct or not. if i know i'm in the company of people who wouldn't be offended by what i say, i let loose.

if i were in the situation above though, i would use more restraint.
    I feel the same way in most instances.. Though with the case mentioned, I think I'd sooner be smacked with a wet dead desert fox than hear any black person refer to me as caucasian. Not offensive, since I am white.. I don't understand how any black person gets offended being called black. Sounds like a personal problem to me..

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Don't worry, I get confused over what the fuck we're supposed to call them Niggers as well.

Same goes with those fucking Injuns. "Native Americans", "Indians", "AmeriIndians", etc. I mean just pick a damn name already, and we can go on with life calling you Indians.

Lol!!

The En werd is thrown around in my house by my father and his friends when referring to people that piss my parents and their friends off.. They have the "There's black people, and then there's niggers." mentality. I'm not entirely sure I agree with this mentality...

I call the Indians Natives, btw.. It's short, not the word "Indian" so I can use it for the country, and doesn't sound so bad overall.. I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    You know, I can still handle that. But I see what you're saying, someone shouting that in someone' face for example is not so great, but even then...What I really don't like is, 'look at that fat, white trash, retard' - within hearing distance of said retard.
    Oyy!! I can't STAND just blatant rudeness like that! That goes beyond not being politically correct, that's just trying to be insulting and hurtful.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Victor, I agree with you except for the part about words not being powerful. On reflection, I'm sure you would rescind that.

That's one of the reasons renaming things exists - because of the power of words.
    Ah, Anja, you know me too well - you start with my favourite word, my name. And then you validate me by agreeing. And it is only when you hold me in the palm of your hand, you mention a slight way to improve myself. And I am eager to do anything for you - even improve myself. So of course I will rescind. For you, it is a pleasure.

I have felt the power of your words and I am purring like a kitten.

I eagerly await your next reply - ah, the power of words.

They caress my skin and touch me deep inside.

Of course I rescind.