First 12345 Last

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

This thread really needed a poll. Does anyone actually support political correctness?

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I recall recently getting into an argument with someone becaused I referred to their son as "black". To me, it's more politically correct, because it'd be ignorant to assume that all black people are from Africa.. African American isn't very accurate at all.. I suppose the mother didn't see things the same way. :rolli:
    That sort of thing is silly. Why the hell someone could be offended by being called "black" is beyond me. If you called their son a 'golliwogg' or 'monkey' I would have understood but 'black'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Quote Originally Posted by silversun View Post
    So what if I said an overstatement, which (in my opinion) reflected the truth, but well was... an overstatement =)
    Like if I said I thought Sarah Palin was mentally retarded (somewhat of an exaggeration ) when in fact I do think some of the things she's said (regardless if you support her or have the same viewpoint) are insanely stupid/inconsistent with her party, etc.
    It's not like I'm saying something mean about YOU.
    Sorry for bringing politics into this. But it is sort of is a real example, haha.
    1. I'd think you were a poor communicator. By overstating and not communicating your actual point, you make it extremely easy to dismiss your opinion.

2. It also shows your lack of insight or care about the prejudice against mental disabled people. And to choose to use those words with me, you are assuming that I am equally insensitive or apathetic. That's the mean thing it says about me.

MBTI
    ISTx

It's pretty stupid usually.

MBTI
    isfj

Thats correct as well.
    I have been known for saying some crude things, but definitely I do not cater to people as much as I'd like to.. I hate being walked all over.

I recall recently getting into an argument with someone becaused I referred to their son as "black". To me, it's more politically correct, because it'd be ignorant to assume that all black people are from Africa.. African American isn't very accurate at all.. I suppose the mother didn't see things the same way. :rolli:
    i generally cater to my audience whether politically correct or not. if i know i'm in the company of people who wouldn't be offended by what i say, i let loose.

if i were in the situation above though, i would use more restraint.
    just throw it against the wall and see what sticks.

Sniffles

Don't worry, I get confused over what the fuck we're supposed to call them Niggers as well.

Same goes with those fucking Injuns. "Native Americans", "Indians", "AmeriIndians", etc. I mean just pick a damn name already, and we can go on with life calling you Indians.

MBTI
    isfj

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    That sort of thing is silly. Why the hell someone could be offended by being called "black" is beyond me. If you called their son a 'golliwogg' or 'monkey' I would have understood but 'black'.
    i think it would really depend on the context. whites are dumb.
    just throw it against the wall and see what sticks.

MBTI
    ENTP

Ruh roh.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ISTJ

Most political correctness is unnecessary and a bit ridiculous. I do get a mild pang in the heart when someone is being severely dissed, but I won't go on a tirade on that person's behalf.
    (That could change though)
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

Political correctness is magical thinking. We think that if we change the words, we change reality.

But each poet knows that words do nothing.

And if poetry can't change reality, how can we?

But all of us want to be good, so naturally we use good words. We are so easily seduced by our desire to be good, and not only to be good but to be seen to be good.

And I want to be good and seen to be good, so I am easily seduced. I want to believe - I want to believe the pen is mightier than the sword. I want to believed I hold a magic wand in my hand, and all I have to do is speak and it is so.

I want to be dictator of the universe - I want to be the chief narcissist - the Narcissist-in-Chief.

So you see, simply by saying the words, I am a magician - you have read each word from beginning to end - you have hung on my every word.

And I promise to hang on your every word in your reply. I will be my Dale Carnegie best. And you will see how your magic steals my attention.

But only as long as you are politicly correct like me.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by oasispaw View Post
    i think it would really depend on the context. whites are dumb.