User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

*Brings out toboggan*
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Polygamists might try to jump on the social freedom train, but they really aren't a priority for any of the leading social liberals and libertarians.
    I have to agree. I am really not in favor of the state defining marriage at all, but I am not against the institution and there are some pretty compelling reasons to limit the legal acknowledgment of marriage to a two-party contract.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I just can't imagine.. divorces are a mess with just two people. a 7 person divorce?!

I had talked about this in another thread earlier.. the argument was presented to me that if you change the law to instate that marriage can be based on sexual preference.. does that open the gateway for other types? I mean, even if you put "Gays only kthnx" sexual preference might pave the way for polygamists, pedophiles, interspecies erotica.. I don't think that argument is completely baseless.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I just can't imagine.. divorces are a mess with just two people. a 7 person divorce?!
    Who'd get custody of Fido in a case like that?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Who'd get custody of Fido in a case like that?
    That's easy. Split it 8 ways.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ISTx

One divorce in an 8-way marriage is going to equal at least 3 or 4 people (if not all) because chances are Janie screws better than Betty, but Bonnie has the nicest bosoms.... Or some drama like that. Yay life!

MBTI
    INTP

I had talked about this in another thread earlier.. the argument was presented to me that if you change the law to instate that marriage can be based on sexual preference.. does that open the gateway for other types? I mean, even if you put "Gays only kthnx" sexual preference might pave the way for polygamists, pedophiles, interspecies erotica.. I don't think that argument is completely baseless.
    Polygamy, bestiality, and certain forms of incest are compatible with rights-based arguements in support of gay marriage/prostitution, but pedophilia isn't (the latter involves non-adult humans, making it the same as rape). I think individual rights should be the PRIMARY basis for legalization, but utilitarian concerns must also be considered (which, not incidentally, would keep polygamy, beastiality, and incest illegal).

MBTI
    ENTJ

Legalize it, tax it, ????, profit.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Polygamy, bestiality, and certain forms of incest are compatible with rights-based arguements in support of gay marriage/prostitution, but pedophilia isn't (the latter involves non-adult humans, making it the same as rape). I think individual rights should be the PRIMARY basis for legalization, but utilitarian concerns must also be considered (which, not incidentally, would keep polygamy, beastiality, and incest illegal).
    Very good point sir! I'm not very law savvy, I admit this.. what you say totally makes sense. If this is the case then, gay marriage shouldn't have much at all holding it back, huh?

But to get back to the OP, I do agree. Established brothels, with health care benefits for the prostitutes, taxable sales.. I could see that being MUCH safer for the consumer and the employee. Not to mention cops would have a much easier time about it all.

..SO question. Say it IS legal. Would it be illegal to run prostitution outside of established areas? Like, say, where the whores can't be tested on a weekly basis, blahblahblah? .. Or should we just let the animals run free?

MBTI
    ISTx

..SO question. Say it IS legal. Would it be illegal to run prostitution outside of established areas? Like, say, where the whores can't be tested on a weekly basis, blahblahblah? .. Or should we just let the animals run free?
    Well, don't get legalization and decriminalization confused. While they are both terms similar in meaning, as it stands, if SF were to merely decriminalize it, that wouldn't mean the city would endorse the behavior. Meaning you wouldn't see the government granting aid in the endeavor.