User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    INFP

You know, I've been listening to people here and there on the net who are saying they think that Bush is going to find some excuse to call for martial law before the election.

I can't imagine something like that happening but I can also say I wouldn't be amazed by it.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Voter fraud is voter fraud, no matter which side does it.
    My point is they only make an issue of it when they say its the republicans doing it, when it's is equally WRONG and HYPOCRITICAL of them to ignore when the fraud is on their side of the aisle. Just ridiculous....

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    You know, I've been listening to people here and there on the net who are saying they think that Bush is going to find some excuse to call for martial law before the election.

I can't imagine something like that happening but I can also say I wouldn't be amazed by it.
    They've been saying that the current POTUS would call martial law and suspend the election since Clinton before the 2000 election. But I suppose anything is possible...

Voter fraud is voter fraud, no matter which side does it.
    I agree, and I tried to point that out before. The only voter suppression tactic that I find perversely awesome was the fake letters the Republicans sent out claiming that you had to have your parking tickets and child support paid off and that you had to show two forms of ID to vote in order to vote in the upcoming elections. If you honestly are so ignorant that you don't know that's fake, I really don't care if you stay home on Election Day. I've read since that those letters were actually a hoax, designed to get Democrats fired up against perceived GOP dirty tricks, but it's an ingenious tactic either way.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    My point is they only make an issue of it when they say its the republicans doing it, when it's is equally WRONG and HYPOCRITICAL of them to ignore when the fraud is on their side of the aisle. Just ridiculous....
    Except for the part where ACORN isn't actually COMMITTING voter FRAUD, they're just CREATING fake registrations, but not actually VOTING off of THEM.

They've been saying that the current POTUS would call martial law and suspend the election since Clinton before the 2000 election. But I suppose anything is possible...
    I had college friends utterly convinced we'd have a draft by the end of 2003. Of course, it never happened, and the only people in Congress who actually suggested it were Democrats trying to make a point, but my friends believed it nonetheless. Some even welcomed it, because they thought it was unfair that "underprivileged" young people went into the military because it was the only decent job they could get, and that wealthier young people should be made to "suffer," too. The condescension toward the brave volunteer uniformed personnel in our country was disappointing.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I agree, and I tried to point that out before. The only voter suppression tactic that I find perversely awesome was the fake letters the Republicans sent out claiming that you had to have your parking tickets and child support paid off and that you had to show two forms of ID to vote in order to vote in the upcoming elections. If you honestly are so ignorant that you don't know that's fake, I really don't care if you stay home on Election Day. I've read since that those letters were actually a hoax, designed to get Democrats fired up against perceived GOP dirty tricks, but it's an ingenious tactic either way.
    Hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I had college friends utterly convinced we'd have a draft by the end of 2003. Of course, it never happened, and the only people in Congress who actually suggested it were Democrats trying to make a point, but my friends believed it nonetheless. Some even welcomed it, because they thought it was unfair that "underprivileged" young people went into the military because it was the only decent job they could get, and that wealthier young people should be made to "suffer," too. The condescension toward the brave volunteer uniformed personnel in our country was disappointing.
    You know what. I find it interesting how people say the military consists of a bunch of uneducated people. However the statistics show that only 1~20% of people in the military don't have a high school diploma, while over 30% of the general population doesn't graduate from high school.

MBTI
    enfp

i was drunk the other day, talking politics...

i said i wouldn't take a million dollars to prevent people from voting...

lol

for reals tho. i think thats one of the most patriotic thing you can do. refuse money to protect people's basic rights...

Am I the only one that shares Ygolo's sentiments?

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    Am I the only one that shares Ygolo's sentiments?
    I can agree with this.

What I find funny as European is that on every US presidential elections our media are saying how Domocrats have a new messiah that will turn the country into something far more efficant, logical and in better place to live...

The entire thing works well until few day before election. Then some pro-life activists come into play, there is a scandal of two, some voting machines breake down, some votes get lost in the chaos of voting .......

So in the end Republicans win.

I am not accusing someone (media or Republicans).