User Tag List

First 29373839404149 Last

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    He does draw our attention to the plight of the common man, just as someone else did long ago:
    "Then the king will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
    For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me,
    naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me.'
    Then the righteous 16 will answer him and say, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink?
    When did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you?
    When did we see you ill or in prison, and visit you?'
    And the king will say to them in reply, 'Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.'
    17 Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
    For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink,
    a stranger and you gave me no welcome, naked and you gave me no clothing, ill and in prison, and you did not care for me.'
    18 Then they will answer and say, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or ill or in prison, and not minister to your needs?'
    He will answer them, 'Amen, I say to you, what you did not do for one of these least ones, you did not do for me.'
    And these will go off to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."
    that was a great post man. thanks for that.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    OBAMA SAID THE CONSTITUTION SUCKS! (In so many words.) Do not ignore this, please! For the sake of AMERICA!

Perhaps it should be noted that the Weimar constitution was still on the books throughout the time the Nazis were in power, so technically speaking it was a democracy.

Further interesting is the fact that the granting of dictatorial powers to Hitler was done under the emergency clause of the constitution. Of course, it was only supposed to last only a few years, but oh well.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

It was actually a college class assigment for me to find Hitler's prinicples of effective propaganda in the speeches of American politicians. You know what's funny? You can find those principles in the speeches of nearly every American politician that's gotten anywhere. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.
    So, such things would hardly make Obama unique in this situation.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

A major part of Hitler's success was creating two enemies. The Jews, and the Bolsheviks. Obama creates enemies too, or at least exaggerates them. Their similarities are in the delivery, not the messages themselves.
    I'm having trouble thinking of enemies that Obama is creating. Rather, in the same manner as Hitler.

I only have to look at a picture of him to notice his solid introversion. Furthermore, you really have to take situation into account when typing McCain. I've been in some odd situations doing odd things and no one would have thought I was INTP either.
    Heh, I don't have the typing through pictures ability. My Type-Fu is weak.

As for odd behavior in odd situations, that's true of every type. As you said, he's been through alot and lived a long life. Surely his experiences could have made him more introspective.

I lean toward the other end of that spectrum. I think he's pandering to constituents he doesn't entirely agree with this time around to increase his chances.[/QUOTE]

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    So, such things would hardly make Obama unique in this situation.
    Do you deny that he's exceptionally skilled at it, and has millions of devout followers who do not question him?

MBTI
    XNXP

Do you deny that he's exceptionally skilled at it,
    And that Palin is especially inept at trying to conceptually "ghettoize" everyone who disagrees with the Republican stance as being UnAmerican.

"Redistributing the wealth" works in both directions.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I'm having trouble thinking of enemies that Obama is creating.
    How about working class whites for one. Wonderful way to make friends by making remarks like these:
    "Itís not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who arenít like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Hah. The first time it stops to summarize what he just said, it's certainly a little misleading.

Either way, even if there was nothing fishy involved in that audio-clip in anyway. Even if it was totally legitimate. I find nothing about it frightening or offensive.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    UnAmerican.
    That's an interesting expression. Because it's simply not true that Obama is un-American...Except for going against everything America has stood for up to this point.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Do you deny that he's exceptionally skilled at it, and has millions of devout followers who do not question him?
    He's better at it than McCain. He's better at it than Bush(who was better than McCain). He might be better at it than Clinton, but I wouldn't assert that right away. You have to remember that the huge numbers of people he totals up aren't simplr from his charisma or rhetorical skill. It comes from hatred of Bush and the status quo he's created, and from the excitement over his newness, like being the first black president. The three put together give him big numbers, but I can tell you that if Bill Clinton followed Bush Jr, he might have drawn similar numbers.

As for people who do not question him... That's partisans for you. Bush had shitloads of people that didn't question him, and it even went well beyond partisanship during the post 9/11 period. This is again, nothing new about Obama. It's true that McCain has an usual lack of steady support (which is killing him), but what's scary is how many of the supporters who question him do so because they don't think he's aggressive or right-wing enough. Yikes.
    Go to sleep, iguana.