User Tag List

First 27353637383947 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Bear in mind that he's an aged man with gobs of not only life experience, but military experience, and P.O.W. experience, and contemplate this.
    What gives you the impression that he's an N?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    What gives you the impression that he's an N?
    If you take a good look at him while he's talking "casually" you might notice that his mind seems to be everywhere but in the moment at his present location. That's my perception, anyway.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    I don't think its Obama's charisma that strictly is the reason why people like him. Its also because he can call it like it is and he keeps it real. I think it was pretty cool how cool headed he was when being attacked.

He can actually say "Yes, McCain, you are right" when McCain is right about things.

I can't imagine McCain giving him the same sort of realization. But McCain does keep it a little more real than Bush. But given loose reigns, I don't see why McCain wouldn't regress into a false reality like Bush is apt to do.
    I don't understand a lick of this.

Can you explain further some of the highlighted points? Your first paragraph states Obama is not strictly dependent on charisma, then you describe what could be considered acts of charisma...?

"Regress into a false reality" (?)

Not an attack. Just interested in clarity.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

If you take a good look at him while he's talking "casually" you might notice that his mind seems to be everywhere but in the moment at his present location. That's my perception, anyway.
    Sure that's just not the Alzheimer's?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Realizing you're being silly of course, I'll say for the benefit of the audience that I think he would've been diagnosed and outed if that were the case.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Bear in mind that he's an aged man with gobs of not only life experience, but military experience, and P.O.W. experience, and contemplate this.
    Not that you necessarily care, but if you don't express your argument, it's unreasonable to be irritated when people don't "get you" or "analyze you" right.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

McCain has all his faculties, I think. He's just desperately grasping these days.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Not that you necessarily care, but if you don't express your argument, it's unreasonable to be irritated when people don't "get you" or "analyze you" right.
    When I tell someone to contemplate something, it's a show of respect, by way of my thinking that you might be able to figure it out on your own.

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    I don't understand a lick of this.

Can you explain further some of the highlighted points? Your first paragraph states Obama is not strictly dependent on charisma, then you describe what could be considered acts of charisma...?

"Regress into a false reality" (?)

Not an attack. Just interested in clarity.
    I think two people can say the same truth. And one can be more charismatic than the other.

But two people can say the same lie, and no matter how charismatic one is, people won't believe them because its a lie. (at least most)

I think telling the truth, and being charismatic are two different things. No matter how charismatic someone is, they can't convince me of something I know is a blatant lie.

Regress into a false reality. I don't have a problem if people choose to live in a false reality. I just have a problem when they try to impose it on me because they were paid to or they benefit from it. I think being the last year of the X generation makes me a pretty cynical person in general.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Are you thinking of 30s Hitler or 40s Hitler? Obama hasn't had the chance to be 40s Hitler yet.
    Wasn't Hitler a bit more antagonistic in his early speeches? Even in his earlier years he railed against Jews (amongst other things), and used that antagonism to rile the crowds. Their greatest similarity that I'm aware of is their ability to draw a crowd... but they don't even share the same rhetorical techniques to accomplish that.

His association with Ayers, a single "washed up terrorist" that even McCain claimed to not care about, isn't enough to compare him to Hitler's crowd... or is it?

Could you explain how Obama reminds you of 30s Hitler? You point on 40s Hitler is fair enough.

McCain doesn't have the same level of tact (a.k.a. deviousness, of course), as should be obvious. (He's INTP imo...)
    I'm going with ESTP. ESTPs aren't known for their tact. Salesmanship does not equal tact.

This should be kept in mind, as it applies no matter what type he actually is.

ESTPs can also appear distracted, as they are so busy taking in their environment that they can get a bit overstimulated.

The main reason I find McCain to be ESTP is because of what I read about his youth, as well as his general impulsiveness. He was rebellious, but also managed to get people to do what he wanted. He was also a thrill seeker, partier, and womanizer. His plane crashes were often due to taking foolish or careless risks while joyflying. Also, despite being very intelligent he always did poorly in school.

More recently, look at the way he acted when the economy crashed... he was all over the place. He suspended his campaign, promised not to participate in the debate unless something to fix the economy was done, took credit for the bailout passing before it was revealed that it failed, and then blamed Obama for its failure. Yes, this is politics as usual, but it's also a great deal of very public, spur-of-the-moment, and poorly thought out impulsiveness.

The McCain of 2008 also makes me question how 'real' the McCain of 2000 really was. Just because I liked that version (alot), does not mean that's who he really is.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :bye:
  • :hi:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: