User Tag List

First 20282930313240 Last

Results 291 to 300 of 520

  1. #291
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    Someone isn't an idiot because they're a creationist.
    What's this in response to?

  2. #292
    Senior Member Bella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    1,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    What's this in response to?
    Babylon Candle, a few posts up. I forgot to quote, sorry.
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

    It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

  3. #293
    Babylon Candle Venom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    Someone isn't an idiot because they're a creationist.
    yes...they are . Seeing as this is a politics thread, i'd rather not get into it (I only brought it up in regards to Palin's intelligence; this isn't the place to hash out evolution). I guess we could make a thread in the science section if you really want to hash it out.

  4. #294
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    Someone is an idiot because they're a creationist.
    Fixed.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

  5. #295
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Ehh, it's complicated. Intelligent people are capable of forcing themselves to believe something illogical.

  6. #296
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK1986 View Post
    Wrong.
    NO U.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  7. #297
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Obama's chronies (his campaign staff + supporting media) have done a lot more attacking than that. I seem to remember an ad that ran accusing Mccain of being old and technologically stupid because he doesn't use computers. Unfortunately for the Obama campaign, they apparently didn't realize that Mccain doesn't use computers because his war injuries have impaired his hands such that he can't type without pain.

    The ads-
    Obama ad takes heat for McCain cyber shot - The Boston Globe

    The retort-
    Obama ad takes heat for McCain cyber shot - The Boston Globe

    In the case of Mccain joking about his failure to use computers, it's a testament to the fact that he doesn't like to harp on about his own issues (being that there are many things he can't do because of his injuries, including typing).

    Oh, and just for kicks, I believe Biden had a little something to say about all the Obama attack ads as well .
    Biden Calls Obama Attack Ad “Terrible”
    Except guess what? Obama's campaign took that seriously. Just like when McCain said economics wasn't his best subject. Even Biden has this thing blown up out of proportion.

    Joe, that wasn't a low blow. That was simply Obama taking a joke and turning it around in a campaign ad. Welcome to politics.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

  8. #298
    Senior Member Eileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?
    Posts
    2,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK1986 View Post
    Except guess what? Obama's campaign took that seriously. Just like when McCain said economics wasn't his best subject. Even Biden has this thing blown up out of proportion.

    Joe, that wasn't a low blow. That was simply Obama taking a joke and turning it around in a campaign ad. Welcome to politics.


    Quite frankly, I'd be surprised if John McCain were a computer whiz even without the injuries. He's seventy-two years old. Should Obama make fun of that? No, I think that's kind of mean. At the same time, we live in an age where computer literacy is the most relevant of skills.

    But it was a shitty ad no matter the rationalization, and Obama has said the whole time that he doesn't want to participate in politics as usual. He shouldn't have done that, in part at least because it DOES make him look kind of mean. (But McCain has said essentially the same thing--and his campaign is much more guilty of shitty ads... all you have to do is watch TV for half an hour to know that).

    THAT SAID: low blow or not, calling someone computer illiterate isn't at quite the same level as implying that someone is a terrorist (as Palin has with Obama).
    INFJ

    "I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

  9. #299
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    yes...they are . Seeing as this is a politics thread, i'd rather not get into it (I only brought it up in regards to Palin's intelligence; this isn't the place to hash out evolution). I guess we could make a thread in the science section if you really want to hash it out.
    The whole debate is a result of category error among people who don't know the difference between science and philosophy.

    [rolls little mousy eyes]

  10. #300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    THAT SAID: low blow or not, calling someone computer illiterate isn't at quite the same level as implying that someone is a terrorist (as Palin has with Obama).
    Saying that someone has worked with a terrorist in the past is not the same as implying that they are a terrorist, either, so your point is invalid.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Similar Threads

  1. what the f*ck has obama done so far?
    By prplchknz in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 10-15-2013, 01:40 PM
  2. How well is Obama doing with the economy?
    By Giggly in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 01:30 PM
  3. Is Obama the Messiah?
    By booyalab in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 11-06-2008, 02:01 AM
  4. Obama and McCain on MNF
    By Lateralus in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-04-2008, 04:29 PM
  5. Is Obama the next FDR?
    By Magic Poriferan in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-19-2008, 02:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts