User Tag List

Page 24 of 52 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Obama Really Going to Win?

not to be trusted Array miss fortune's Avatar
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    Alas! I can see no wrong in the man I would vote for, if I could.
    lucky you, for I vote for "he who I hate the least" every election

and many appologies, I'd say I'd vote for you, but I don't think you'd like who I selected...

you should pay a bum on the street to vote! they sometimes sell thier votes for booze money!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

I do not know if our country is going to accept Obama if he does win (I do not want him personally, then again...I am conservative and dont want McCain really either).

I think he will be assissinated....truly. That is just my gut feeling.

not to be trusted Array miss fortune's Avatar
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so

^ what a perfectly chilling answer *shudder*
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    MBTI
    IXFP
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by moonbaby View Post
    I do not know if our country is going to accept Obama if he does win (I do not want him personally, then again...I am conservative and dont want McCain really either).

I think he will be assissinated....truly. That is just my gut feeling.
    Perhaps there is a reason for that gut feeling. I found it especially troubling that Palin and McCain promoted the idea Obama is a terrorist. Palin is on tape raising enough fear to get her crowds to shout "terrorist" and even "kill him" in reference to Obama and she did nothing to abate that negative energy. Once she crossed that line I no longer cared how cute she looked. She has no business in high levels of leadership and responsibility. I hope she has a happy life managing a library or something. That would give her a chance to get some reading done.

I don't think Obama would necessarily be assassinated because the secret service will have a heightened level of alert to keep him safe. The population of the U.S. is steadily becoming more diverse in terms of race. If he is elected it is a sign that the U.S. is in fact ready, perhaps not everyone, but the vast majority. I don't know if he will have a landslide victory, but it will be a significant win. That is fairly well set at this point. He has at least a single digit lead in every contested state from what I have read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Admiral Crunch View Post
    It might be fine for some people, but I rather not live in a world where people think it is okay for dolphins to rape each other.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    Palin is on tape raising enough fear to get her crowds to shout "terrorist" and even "kill him" in reference to Obama and she did nothing to abate that negative energy.
    Once again, that allegation has been debunked by the secret service and everyone else there except the one reporter who apparently made that story up. :rolli:

Edit: And another thing; enough with the insinuations that people who dislike Obama are closet racist, already! Especially if you're so concerned about negative energy infecting this election...
    Last edited by lowtech redneck; 10-25-2008 at 12:09 AM. Reason: had more to add

MBTI
    IXFP
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Once again, that allegation has been debunked by the secret service and everyone else there except the one reporter who apparently made that story up. :rolli:
    A "Kill him" comment is in response to a McCain speech in this video at minute 1:52. I appreciate the times McCain makes the attempt to validate Obama as a human being. If I come across similar footage with Palin, I would be likewise relieved to some extent. There is still the issue of focusing on fear inducing insinuations as a campaign strategy rather than policy information that incites these types of comments in the first place.
    10,000 McCainiacs | The Daily Show | Comedy Central

Here is one of the Palin speeches. The audience responses were clearer when it was reported on the news, but the content of her speech is available here.
    YouTube - SARAH Palin asks BARACK Obama: "WHY are YOU friends with a TERRORIST?" - Associated Press

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Edit: And another thing; enough with the insinuations that people who dislike Obama are closet racist, already! Especially if you're so concerned about negative energy infecting this election...
    That is an unfortunate side effect of having some racists support McCain by default. As long as those incidences of racism are handled reasonably, then McCain would not be responsible for that in any way. Race does come up in this election because of its history in our country, but I don't think there is that much insinuation out there that not supporting Obama's policies is racist. It is potentially an issue when discussing issues like assassination and hate groups targeting Obama. There is a cultural and social context to consider. Voting for Obama by no means suggests the person is not racist. It only means they prefer him to the other candidate.
    It might be fine for some people, but I rather not live in a world where people think it is okay for dolphins to rape each other.

Banned Array
    MBTI
    type

Why is Obama friends with terrorists, and crazy people, and other assorted crooks? J/k I know why.

MBTI
    IXFP
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Why is Obama friends with terrorists, and crazy people, and other assorted crooks? J/k I know why.
    Is it because he is an extrovert and most people fall into one of the above categories?

Anyway, your actual question has been answered in depth and the information is widely available, but there is no reason to go there. We have the next four years for the truth of the matter to reveal itself.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    That is an unfortunate side effect of having some racists support McCain by default.
    Calling Obama an anti-American terrorists is an unfortunate side effect of having some anti-American terrorist support him. :rolleyes2:

Page 24 of 52 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast