User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
    I thought the premise was "the shit is likely to hit the fan, and if Obama is president, undoubtedly the GOP is going to continuously sabotage everything he tries to do...can we, perhaps, STOP THAT BULLSHIT for ten fucking seconds and get your HELP instead of you being sore losers so we can NOT GO DOWN IN FLAMES??"
    The republicans wont stand to do anything against them so I honestly don't see where that logic comes into play. All the branches are likely going to have vast numbers of democrats, so many it may even take away the ability to use filibuster. Obama will have ALLL the support in the white house he needs, so I highly doubt that's what Biden is referring to.

MBTI
    INFP

Frankly, both candidates seem so far up their own arses they can see out of their mouths, and if I was an american I wouldn't want to vote for either of them. As it is, I'm not american but still all I hear day in day out is this stupid election stuff and tinfoil-hat conspiracy theorys (why isn't anyone voting for Elvis? Actually, now I've said that, I suspect some people are) and someone please explain to me why it actually matters who wins, because I completley fail to believe it makes any difference whatsoever, it only effects which name the world will consider responsible for you lot blowing yourselves up /rant.
    Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

For those who really give a darn about what's going on and what you're candidates are saying, try listening to this-

Glenn Beck

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyStilettos View Post
    someone please explain to me why it actually matters who wins, because I completley fail to believe it makes any difference whatsoever, it only effects which name the world will consider responsible for you lot blowing yourselves up /rant.
    Well if nothing else, Obama wants to flip the tax code back to how Clinton had it, and McCain wants to keep letting the wealthy off the hook. There's some difference in foreign policy stance as well but that's really the main thing.

Risen I can't do audio at work, so no comment yet.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I think you're really stretching with this, Risen. You're interpreting his words to be what you want to hear. And Obama supporters hear what they want to hear.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Ha, ha ha ha, Biden's foot in mouth comment ... is almost NT-worthy, IMO. I could totally see myself saying the same thing. Ouch.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Yeah, I wish Biden would hold off on blunt comments but I don't hold it against him as long as he isn't too saying anything too threatening. I prefer an NTJ over STJ any day but as I've stated many times I am biased towards NTJ's.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTJ

The biggest problem with domestic opinion as it relates to foreign policy is that people believe that the cause of any international event can be placed at the feet of one person. Simply put, this is virtually never the case.

And to me his comment seems to be more about the public's efficacy. AKA clever way of making the people feel invested in Obama's future.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Im not stretching a darn thing. Im pointing out exactly what is being said and suggested. The people who support Obama just don't want to hear it. In the very least you people should be paying attention to what he just openly put himself out on a limb to say. Granted he says a lot of dumb s***, but these are SERIOUS claims that he ''wants'' everyone to hear. Its no damn surprise that they have now taken him off the campaign trail. Wake up people. You don't have to believe Obama is a mistake, but at least use your heads and articulate everything this v.p. candidate just said. The candidates have had their whitehouse debriefings early, then we have Biden coming out and giving ENTIRE scenarios as to what catastrophes ''WILL'' hit us after his election. You can't ignore s*** like this, and if Obama supporters do, then they themselves must admit to not trusting the competance of Biden.

MBTI
    INTP

It's not that I don't believe the world will test a new president.

It's that I believe the world will test ANY new president, McCain included.

Lord knows Bush got the test of the century, and just a year in.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo