So, anyone actually remember this whole department of justice firing scandal?
Anyone recall allegations of voter fraud running rampant just before the last several major elections, causing a tightening of registration restrictions that left a massive chunk of folks feeling like they'd been cheated?
Guess what? They're connected!
The guys fired from the DOJ were told to investigate democrats for voter fraud. They refused...because their GOP bosses were trying to cheat. What they had evidence of was Voter registration fraud. People registering the name of Donald Duck and such. BUT...this is not the same as showing up on Super Tuesday, insisting your name is Donald Duck and you live at 123 Fake St., and actually casting a vote.
Who is the victem of this Voter Registration Fraud? ACORN is. They pay people to go out and register people...the lowest end folks are stealing from ACORN by registering fake people. This has happened SINCE ACORN CAME INTO EXISTANCE. It MUST happen, if you think about their model. They're just begging to be exploited this way. They even KNOW IT ALREADY, and have systems in place to flag obviously craptastic registration forms.
But those fake people? They never cast votes.
The GOP is trying this AGAIN in this election but apparently Obama's camp was ready for it this time. Ohio's Supreme Court shot down their attempt to tighten voting restrictions, which would have taken away 100,000+ voters ballots, and the citizens would not have known it until they showed up to vote and were refused.
Almost all of them, coincidently, would be voting Democratic tickets.
So, put simply...
1. GOP points out the exact same ripping off of ACORN that has gone on since they were founded
2. GOP then passes off this voter registration fraud... which again only victimizes ACORN itself and results in no actual voter fraud...passes it off as actual voter fraud.
3. Investigations are launched against Democratic candidates mere weeks or days before an election...any fool knows such an investigation, regardless of outcome, is typically a death knell for a campaign
4. GOP simultaneously insists on tightening restrictions on the process, eliminating hundreds of thousands of democratic votes with one stroke
5. Afterwards people feel like somehow some sort of fraud must have happened, like the election was stolen...but all investigations reveal nothing, because they're digging in the wrong place.
Very clever. Unfortunately for GOP, the Obama campaign is now flipping it over on them -before- the election, rather than waiting until it's a done deal and moaning about it.
Anyone in the McCain camp want to comment on this? I'd love to hear a spin on this that makes it all okay.