User Tag List

First 23456 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
    Is it not over-deregulation that has cornholed this country?
    That's what I would say, but ideas like that are fightin' words for the Libertarian clique. They're the ones you'd have to form some kind of consensus with on this.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    That's what I would say, but ideas like that are fightin' words for the Libertarian clique. They're the ones you'd have to form some kind of consensus with on this.
    Nah, you only have to form consensus with relevant parties.

*Ducks the sudden hail of buckshot*
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Oh, snap. Now you've done it. The MBTIC Militia'll getcha for that.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
    Nah, you only have to form consensus with relevant parties.

*Ducks the sudden hail of buckshot*
    You don't need a consensus when you have facts to back things up.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    You don't need a consensus when you have facts to back things up.
    Exactly. It's all a New World Order globalist conspiracy!

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    That won't change things either. Any sort of external action could incite mob violence but not real change in people's critical thought processes. That only comes from within, one person at a time and the wheels of change grind very slow.

Yes, a fundamental change in human nature, coming one person at time. Otherwise any change to society will just slowly revert back to the old system because any group can only rise as high as the individuals who comprise it.
    I watched the debate tonight. I've voted before, but I haven't really payed as much attention to politics as I should. But here I am, in my late 20's, to my teeth in college debt, and on the brink of losing the career that I have built due to layoffs. I'm seeing people around me losing large sums of money from their 401K. All around my neighborhood and my family's neighborhoods are forclosed homes. I can say this... i am paying attention now. It is coming one person at a time. I can attest to this personally. I'm just hoping that I'm not the only one to wake up and look around and start questioning my previous political ignorance. I just hope other people are really thinking about why we are in the state we are in currently and how we got there.

Wishful thinking, I know. Only in a perfect world. But it is my wish nonetheless..

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Exactly. It's all a New World Order globalist conspiracy!
    What?

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    What?
    A reference to the Alex Jones libertarian wing, who never met a conspiracy theory they didn't like. I think it's this crowd that is holding Libertarians back.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by iluvstellacat View Post
    I watched the debate tonight. I've voted before, but I haven't really payed as much attention to politics as I should. But here I am, in my late 20's, to my teeth in college debt, and on the brink of losing the career that I have built due to layoffs. I'm seeing people around me losing large sums of money from their 401K. All around my neighborhood and my family's neighborhoods are forclosed homes. I can say this... i am paying attention now. It is coming one person at a time. I can attest to this personally. I'm just hoping that I'm not the only one to wake up and look around and start questioning my previous political ignorance. I just hope other people are really thinking about why we are in the state we are in currently and how we got there.

Wishful thinking, I know. Only in a perfect world. But it is my wish nonetheless..
    Personal tragedy can be a cataylst to deep and lasting personal change but it's not a given. Some people change their paradigm and some people cling harder to ideas that give them comfort because the idea of letting go is too painful. My husband and his co-workers gradually losing their careers to offshoring, had their pensions taken away, lost their company stock investments that they had been given in return for taking paycuts... many of them have just gone deeper into their chosen sides of the political spectrum to blame the other side.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    A reference to the Alex Jones libertarian wing, who never met a conspiracy theory they didn't like. I think it's this crowd that is holding Libertarians back.
    Alex Jones supports the Constitution Party candidate. And I don't know many libertarians who are conspiracy theorists. A few LP members and some older paleolibs, maybe, but the 9/11 Truther types have very little overlap with mainstream libertarians. Besides, what kind of libertarian would use "globalist" as an epithet, unless you are talking about world government?