User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I am amazed at how much shoddy guilt by association has been used on Obama. From the early days of the primaries to present time. It's just sad.
    Yeah, the Ayers thing is about as flimsy as it gets. Even the Reverend Wright situation didn't bother me. Obama has plenty to dislike, but it's in his record, not in his employment associations.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

I wonder when politicians are going to start to realize that people can indeed think for themselves... We can see through the facade. We know when we are being fed BS. There are some very fundamental differences in opinion going on. I just want someone to give some answers to what is really going on without pointing and blaming. Yeah, I know, the whole of a person makes the decision. But just stop throwing me an image of a man and show me the man.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by iluvstellacat View Post
    I wonder when politicians are going to start to realize that people can indeed think for themselves... We can see through the facade. We know when we are being fed BS. . .

Probably when a majority of people actually do think for themselves and see through the facade and know that they are being fed BS.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I wonder when politicians are going to start to realize that people can indeed think for themselves...
    If being perfectly honest and not bullshitting won elections, believe me that's what they'd be doing.

Obama bullshits and puts on the mandatory act that every politician does, but he really does seem like a decent human being. I don't expect politicians to not "play the game".

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Probably when a majority of people actually do think for themselves and see through the facade and know that they are being fed BS.
    I really wish I knew what it would take to make that happen... maybe a deep recession/ depression?

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I really wish I knew what it would take to make that happen... maybe a deep recession/ depression?
    I think it would require an immense reformation of how society works at a fudnamental level, which itself may require a change in fundamental human nature.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

heart on fire

That won't change things either. Any sort of external action could incite mob violence but not real change in people's critical thought processes. That only comes from within, one person at a time and the wheels of change grind very slow.

I think it would require an immense reformation of how society works at a fudnamental level, which itself may require a change in fundamental human nature.
    Yes, a fundamental change in human nature, coming one person at time. Otherwise any change to society will just slowly revert back to the old system because any group can only rise as high as the individuals who comprise it.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I don't expect politicians to not "play the game".
    Same here

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    If being perfectly honest and not bullshitting won elections, believe me that's what they'd be doing.

Obama bullshits and puts on the mandatory act that every politician does, but he really does seem like a decent human being. I don't expect politicians to not "play the game".
    I can agree with that. Whoever our next president is has to have the ability to sway a nation and insight people to buy into what is right. He has to have the ability to connect with people and really gain their confidence in what he wants to do.

It's just a bit of a problem, though, that there are so many varying degrees of what right is. Politicians are perpetuating this split by continuing to play the persuasion game. We've just spent 8 years with Bush.. I hope people that voted for him will think back and think about what made him appear to be the best choice. I hope people will just put some thought into it.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Obama + democrat Congress can accomplish much meaningful REgress on the issue of government over-regulating businesses.
    Is it not over-deregulation that has cornholed this country?

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury
    Yeah, the Ayers thing is about as flimsy as it gets.
    Ya, especially when McCain questioned whether Osama bin Laden was really such a bad guy like a week after the embassy bombings. I guess this is the same way Kerry was a lying draft dodger and Bush was a war hero?
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo