User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

1. The environment/alternative energy/energy independence/ending our addiction to oil

2. The economy/national debt

3. Education/paying teachers better wages/helping kids pay for college
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Senior Member TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by BryNTP View Post
    Rank your top 3 most important issues for the upcoming election and who you are planning on voting for based solely on those top issues. I might add a poll when I see enough of the same issues over and over again, but it would have to be just your top issue.
    1) Civil Liberties
    2) Health Care
    3) Development of renewable energy

I don't trust McCain to act in my interests on any of those so that makes my choice fairly clear. If I thought Nader or Paul would actually have a shot, then maybe I'd vote for one of them, overall I do like Obama and Biden and their views on most things, but Obama's vote for the FISA bill makes me less comoftable than I'd like to be about how much he actualy values my primary issue, but at least I think he will be more motivated to pursue renewable energy as a priority and McCain's ideas on healthcare do not seem any better than what we have now.

The economy and education are also important to me, but would be ranked 4 and 5 repectivly and on both of those. I think the green new deal idea that Obama has hinted at could be a viable path toward economic recovery. I like that Obama seems concerened about Education, but his big push saying we need mroe focus on "math and science" concerns me, no no no!, we need more emphisis on helping kids discover what they are good at as individuals and encouraging their growth on a path thats right for them (and for some that will be math and science) not this same old force kids to learn what we think they should learn approach! If you foce kids to take classes they don't care about, they are not going to get much out of it, and putting them in those classes takes time away from them potentialy learnign things they could excell at and get motivated about.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

My three.. are what my local runners plan on doing, what our state runners plan on doing, and the war efforts for the national level.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENTP

1. Not having PTSD
    2. ...
    3. ...
    Extremes: Need To Pursue

I like my cars fast, my music loud, and my women even faster and louder!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    1. Economy
    2. Education
    3. Energy
    Man--about education, since I labeled it my #2 concern. Why on earth would it be a good idea to have someone bypass certification just because they're war veterans? What. The. Fuck. Lateral entry teaching is already kind of a stupid idea... not always a disaster, but often enough that I think it's fucking retarded that someone would suggest that we just let the veterans go teach because they're veterans and not because they're HIGHLY QUALIFIED.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Lateral entry teaching is already kind of a stupid idea...
    Yeah... other industries don't make them drink the Kool-Aid.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Yeah... other industries don't make them drink the Kool-Aid.
    I don't think it's really about the kool aid. There is kool aid, to be sure, but the problem with LE is that teachers are thrown into classrooms (or throw themselves into classrooms) with no prior education in pedagogy. As such, students have crappy teachers who have never been taught what a good lesson plan looks like. Just because you can do math doesn't mean you can teach it.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    ENFP

1 - Energy Independence
    2 - The Economy
    3 - Exiting the Middle East
    4 - Health Care
    5 - Joe The Plumber! :p