User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Prove to me that not polluting would be more beneficial than polluting, then you have yourself a rational argument. As it stands, environmental arguments are based more on sentimentality than cold, hard facts. It's about how things 'should' be, not how they are.
    I'm not a scientist. But they say that most of the change in temperature observed during the last century is caused by greenhouse gases that come from pollution. I choose to believe in what most scientists say.

So, you didn't give me your stance. Are you just opposing me for fun?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    I'm not a scientist. But they say that most of the change in temperature observed during the last century is caused by greenhouse gases that come from pollution. I choose to believe in what most scientists say.

Oh boy, *cringe*. I think it's 99.99% B.S., and I'm not alone, but that's not exactly the current discussion. There have been other threads on global warming.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I don't want to get into an environmentalism argument. As Jack said, there are other threads, and I've already posted my views there. Feel free to read them.

My original point was, you're imposing your values on others. You can try to justify it (just like Christians try to justify theirs), but my statement remains true.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Oberon

True. What would the motivation be?
    Well how would I know?!? You're the criminal mastermind, not me!!!

Oberon

Global warming appears to be well documented. Causality, well, that's tricky to determine.

I have noticed that politicians are much more outspoken about human-caused global warming than scientists are. That renders the whole premise suspect. It appears to me to be an issue that is being co-opted for political gain.

Global warming has been detected on Mars as well. I doubt that has anything to do with human-generated greenhouse gases.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Prove to me that not polluting would be more beneficial than polluting, then you have yourself a rational argument. As it stands, environmental arguments are based more on sentimentality than cold, hard facts. It's about how things 'should' be, not how they are.
    love canal, kids missing half thier arms in the Chernobyl region, the rise of lung cancer caused by air pollution in large cities to list just a few....

I know that these people aren't you or yours most likely, but they could be some day I suppose.
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Banned
    MBTI
    type

So this is the Global Warming/Pollution thread now, ok. *wanders off*

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    So this is the Global Warming/Pollution thread now, ok. *wanders off*
    I merely follow the argument.....
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I prefer economical discussion Not that I don't care about pollution. (I don't care about global warming).

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

the economic discussion was long dead before I joined in

damned work taking up my evenings! :steam: