User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

If I shout it at the top of my lungs, can I become a pundit for a cable news tv show?

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    If I shout it at the top of my lungs, can I become a pundit for a cable news tv show?
    Probably, but you have to be able to flawlessly shift between repeating tired buzzwords and denying reality in new and interesting ways.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

THIS IS NOT POLITICAL COMMENTARY.

I never realized how small John McCain is. This format kind of emphasized it because of camera angles and such. He looked REALLY uncomfortable, too. And his suit looked just a little too big. And his fingers looked like sausages.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    THIS IS NOT POLITICAL COMMENTARY.

I never realized how small John McCain is. This format kind of emphasized it because of camera angles and such. He looked REALLY uncomfortable, too. And his suit looked just a little too big. And his fingers looked like sausages.
    I thought that the way his arms were always bent at a 90 degree angle made it look like he was going to start doing the robot every time he stood up.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    I thought that the way his arms were always bent at a 90 degree angle made it look like he was going to start doing the robot every time he stood up.
    Agreed, though a t-rex impression was also always possible.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POLITICS OR TEH DEBATE EITHER:

I noticed the debate was on while at the deli, so naturally gave it a gander. I never noticed how much of a horrible con man Obama was. How he never said anything of merit, yet the WAY he said things was his whole schtick. *shrug* Just something unrelated to anything, which I noticed.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Politics Related:
    The military question from the male (CPO?) in the audience about whether the USA should wait for UN approval or go ahead and do their thang if provoked... isn't that illegal? And what Chomsky always talks about? How scary is it that?! Yeah, we know the US will go ahead without approval. But to explicitly state that in the debate, both Obama and McCain would've been torched, seen as pathetically weak, and lost a lot of votes if they had said they'd follow legal action. Creepy.
    How would that be illegal? I am not in favor of offensive wars, but the U.S. isn't beholden to the UN when it comes to national defense. It's not the world government.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POLITICS OR TEH DEBATE EITHER:

I noticed the debate was on while at the deli, so naturally gave it a gander. I never noticed how much of a horrible con man Obama was. How he never said anything of merit, yet the WAY he said things was his whole schtick. *shrug* Just something unrelated to anything, which I noticed.
    I know you aren't fully serious, but this is a point I want to comment on.

There are lots of reasons to not like Obama (and I've gone into some of them) but I can't criticize on this one too harshly. The language of values and ideals comes naturally to him in a way that the language of concrete action items do not.

Obama was the exact same way when he would talk about his strategies on how he would mount a campaign that would defeat Hillary Clinton. It was mostly about his ideals and very little about the mechanics. Yet, he still managed to pull a spectacular upset with a brilliantly laid out campaign strategy.

Just because he doesn't discuss the details doesn't mean he is unable to come up with them to get the job done.

MBTI
    xNTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Udog, that was a captivating analysis.
    But one that I can agree with. I think it's relatively obvious that I'm not an Obama supporter (or a McCain supporter, for that matter), but I found him less irritating.

This debate was actually boring as all. Or maybe it's just because I felt like crap in general last night.
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

MBTI
    ESFJ

I am glad I saw Nick Cave instead of watching this pair of douche canoes set sail.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"