User Tag List

12311 Last

Default The Terrorists have Won

Zawahiri (Osama's right hand man) said years ago that they could not bring down the super power (the US) but we can make them bring themselves down, we can draw them into an economically backwards crusade and have them destroy themselves.

So, they attack us on 9/11/2001 by flying planes into the World Trade Center, their intentions were not just to kill 3,000 of our citizens, that just came with the job, what they were really after was hurting our Economy, it was strictly an economic attack that happened to kill people in the process. This attack wasn't the main one intended by Osama and Zawahiri, it was the worm on a hook. We took the bait and were reeled over into the middle east and began to pour our money into the Afghanistan and Iraq wars, billions and billions and billions of dollars spent for the deaths of 3,000 people.

Over the course of the war we have lost approximately 4,000 additional Americans in the armed forces and we have taken the lives of nearly 100,000 Innocent Iraqi civilians (atleast thats how many are Documented). So, we tried to revenge the lives of 3,000 people and ended up losing even more than that in even more American blood, killed a hundred thousand or so innocent foreigners, and will have spent nearly what, 2 trillion dollars now to do it? And we didn't even catch the guy that started this in the first place.

Once we got in the middle east and couldn't catch Osama, some red herrings lead us into Iraq because while we were there we might as well take down a corrupt leader and fight some 'terrorists' that we could actually find right? Guess what, Osama is in Pakistan, in a villa, not a cave. But we can't go into Pakistan now can we, too much to risk involved there, we'll just continue beating the dead horse in Iraq instead because we say that it's unstable and it would be disastrous for us to leave right? Well, Iraq's prime minister (Nouri al-Maliki)has asked for a timetable for withdrawal but Bush insists that we should stay for just a while longer (link).

Now, back to the whole "2 trillion dollar war" thing. Don't you think, maybe, just maybe, that if we hadn't dug ourselves into the the middle east and put ourselves in trillions of dollars of debt, that, maybe, possibly, this whole "financial crisis" thing would not have occured, maybe, just a thought? That the money spent could have been used to fix the mortgage crisis? Isn't this the core cause of our problems? Falling for a trick played by a desert-gang. Sad isn't it? That an extremist group in a remote region thousands and thousands of miles away from our country, can understand and take advantage of America's weaknesses and use them against us? They shot a barbed arrow right into our stomach, and we carelessly ripped it right out, and now our guts are spilling all over the floor. Who's fault is that? Were we an intelligent and honorable country, wouldn't we have had the constitution (not the document) to handle it with composure and just count the losses and move on? Couldn't we see that the whole purpose of the attack was to hurt our markets, to hurt us within, to aggravate us to strike back? No, we had to take it personally, being the resilient, intelligent Americans that we are. That this was a direct attack on our freedom, that if we didn't fight back we would lose it all. Folks, is this a rational attidute? They shit on us now we have to shit on them?

We're losers, Osama has won. He and his gang are laughing at us as they lounge in Pakistan. They're watching us bleed our financial guts out, scrambling to pull them back inside, and then we decide to pull out more in hopes that we can use these guts to pull other guts back inside.

Have they not completed what they set out to do? Have they not hurt us where it really makes a difference? Has the decline of America finally been initiated?

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hi
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

I agree with you. From perspective of Europe this look like an extreme emotional outburst.

On the other hand US had to remove Sadam exactly because he was huge threat for the economy. That is because he started to sell oil on euros.

I can explain why that is problem for the US if needed.

Plus there are many other reasons in the background that were not solved because time and energy were spent on games.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Hahahahaha. Funny. America has had booms and busts long before Osama even was a baby. We've survived them, and we'll survive this one. In fact, he probably caused the downfall of the entire middle east since now we're so focused on Green just to make sure those damn towelheads with bombs in their clothing don't have any more money to blow themselves up.

Edit: If anything, the whole damn world hates Islam now or is pretty close to it. Whereas before 9/11, an Arabic person can walk around like any other one does today, if they get seen on the streets, they get looked at as an outsider and get very much ostracized. And don't get me wrong. This is a good thing. The sooner we completely isolate the middle east both culturally and economically, the sooner terrorism ends once their flow of cash ends, as does their anti-Israel, anti-America, and anti-Westernism.

Nope, I think Osama really doomed the entire Islamic world on 9/11. And the fact is, people are fully justified in hating Islam. And in fact, if you want to be patriotic, then I suggest you support Green, and loudly voice your disapproval of any misbegotten religion founded by a madman who used it to act as a stereotypical medieval villain.

The only unfortunate aspect to this is all of the nice Muslims like I personally know (some from Saudi Arabia themselves) that get screwed over. Those in college right now that learn to view the world from an objective perspective will hopefully clean this nonsense up.

But for now, it is what it is...
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    ...and we have taken the lives of nearly 100,000 Innocent Iraqi civilians...
    What's your source for that number?

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    The better question should be:

Who the hell gives a shit? It's their infighting between their different Islamic sects that caused it, and so they got their just desserts. Until they learn to stop hating each other because they believe in a different version of the same dumbass religion, they'll continue to kill each other unless well-protected by armed security forces.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK1986 View Post
    The better question should be: Who the hell gives a shit? It's their infighting between their different Islamic sects that caused it, and so they got their just desserts. Until they learn to stop hating each other because they believe in a different version of the same dumbass religion, they'll continue to kill each other unless well-protected by armed security forces.
    Last time I checked, this thread was about the strategy of terrorists to have the US destroy itself.

We can take the rampant Islam bashing elsewhere, please... either off-site or in a more rational discussion in a separate thread.

Thanks.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Iraq Body Count

Off to school now

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    Iraq Body Count

Off to school now
    Didums, I hit the site and reviewed some of the records. I note that the people listed as killed on the site were victims of kidnapping and torture, roadside bombs, and so forth, all characteristic acts of sectarian militia.

So when you say that "...we have taken the lives of nearly 100,000 Innocent Iraqi civilians," I must object. You're using a very loose definition of "we." The US military didn't kill those people.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Last time I checked, this thread was about the strategy of terrorists to have the US destroy itself.

We can take the rampant Islam bashing elsewhere, please... either off-site or in a more rational discussion in a separate thread.

Thanks.
    This "strategy" you speak of is absolutely coincidental that we happened to have a real-estate/credit bubble while fighting the two wars.

And this strategy only further gains credence by our sending in of troops in a long and drawn out process and spending billions of dollars when instead, we could launch a few stealth fighters, arm them with apocalyptic weapons of final destruction, and simply erase any trouble hotspot in the world.

The bottom line is that we're pulling our punches. If we weren't concerned about upholding a "good cop" image that the rest of the world doesn't seem to think we have anyway, we could end these "wars" a hell of a lot quicker, and with far less American bloodshed.

We believe in bringing prosperity and democracy to people that insist on killing each other for believing in a slightly different bullshit religion, and anybody else that doesn't believe in their bullshit religion at all (note: I think ALL religions are bullshit--but I don't really care so long as its believers don't impose themselves), rather than erase from map, ask questions later. Are we honestly doing anybody a service by trying to use troops rather than sheer annihilation?

Genghis Khan must be rolling in his grave knowing that the U.S. has enough weaponry to end the world five times over and the capabilities to deliver them that he couldn't even dream of, yet somehow managed to get into two drawn out conflicts in the middle east.