User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK1986 View Post
    That's also an issue. Don't deport them if caught. Jail them. Make a very bad example out of them. Send a message. Solve problem.
    The problem here being that jails are significantly over crowded as it is and keeping prisoners is prohibitively expensive.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    I don't see how our significant sacrifice of American troops over seas promotes this idea.
    Except we shouldn't do that. Desert Storm (aka the Gulf War) succeeded because we bombed, bombed, bombed some more and then sent in tanks for shits and giggles. We're untouchable in the sky--and we should stick to that. The sacrifice of our troops isn't necessary.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    The problem here being that jails are significantly over crowded as it is and keeping prisoners is prohibitively expensive.
    In that case, allow the people in border states to bear arms, and let them do with those as they freely choose. Or put the prisoners to some form of labor such that they at least pay for their storage costs.

MBTI
    INTJ

Except we shouldn't do that. Desert Storm (aka the Gulf War) succeeded because we bombed, bombed, bombed some more and then sent in tanks for shits and giggles. We're untouchable in the sky--and we should stick to that. The sacrifice of our troops isn't necessary.
    This creates bitterness for generations and exacerbates the problem of terrorism. On top of that, Iraq was an ally of ours not long before the Gulf War. I think we also learned about this following World War I.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Banned
    MBTI
    type

No one's ever as gray as me on these things, lol. Yeah, America's in a tight spot, but "Going down?" Meh, I think we'll be okay. *yawn* *looks out window* Everything looks cool from here.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

And Nolla, your idea is terrible. Simply because we are NOT all equals. We have far better standards of living in the US than in a lot of other places. So our policy should not be dictated by any other nations.
    My idea? Democracy is not my idea. It is obvious that you cant make world democratic if you don't consider the countries equals. Sure, it will not happen soon, but that is the only way world could be governed successfully.

See that's the thing--we have the power to act without the consent of other nations, and I don't mean to botch it up Bush style. We have the power to annihilate any enemy from the face of the earth. And whether you want to admit it or not, our enemies are probably your enemies.
    I say it is wrong to use that power in the way you described.

Any nation not living under Sharia is an enemy to the Islamic theocracies. The end. The only reason they don't attack us is that they don't have the power. If the situation were switched around, we'd all be living under Muslim rule. Learn your history. Islam went on conquering sprees. Twice. They still try to. The only reason they haven't succeeded is that we've battled them down militarily.
    I'm not saying lets give them the chance to rule, no. I want the United States to see that what it is doing is not democratic, it needs to stop so that we can change the world BEFORE someone else is on the throne. But I guess it is too late since the economy is going down and U.S. has maybe a decade before someone else calls the shots.

But why leave this to chance? Why not just destroy the threats once and for all?
    Because, the mainstream muslims are not the same crazy towelheads you talk about.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

And as for exponentially growing population, immigration is declining to the US now that nobody wants to hire a foreigner. Their legal and visa issues just cost far too much, unless it's for a professorship, and then, you have to be DAMN good (most of the time, I've had some garbage foreign profs and TAs).
    LOL, WHAT?!?!?!?

And, I'll have you know I've had far more garbage native American, wait, er, um, I mean, American-born profs than I have had garbage foreign ones.

But what does any of this matter it is purely anecdotal.

That's also an issue. Don't deport them if caught. Jail them. Make a very bad example out of them. Send a message. Solve problem.
    Lol, how long have you and your family been "Americans", sugar-booger?
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

In that case, allow the people in border states to bear arms, and let them do with those as they freely choose. Or put the prisoners to some form of labor such that they at least pay for their storage costs.

I take it you are not big into human rights.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post

I take it you are not big into human rights.
    Yeah, this stuff is unbelievable. I don't know why I bother..

MBTI
    ENTJ

Nolla, the idea of "citizens of the world" or "world nation" will not apply, because government leaders are elected to do what's best for the people within their own borders. Thus, if our standard of living is higher than the average person's in the world (AND IT IS!), then it would be TERRIBLE for the US to engage in US style democracy on a world scale. Doing that would put so much power into the hands of China and India that it would be a disaster!

As for mainstream vs. extremist--I don't buy it. I have very much difficulty believing after seeing so many people dancing in the streets on 9/11 or after the release of Samir Kuntar or other disasters like that, that everyone is a jolly good fellow except for the governments and anyone in power, who maintains that power despite every single person within those borders despising them.