User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Oleander View Post
    Sad thing is that no one side has all the shits. There are fundamentalist Muslims as ready to kill every other Muslim as they are every other religion, just the religious Khmer Rouge. There are fundamentalist Christians not much different. But one thing that can't be got away from is that one country has always stood out and greeted all criticism, even from its own co-religionists, with hysterical accusations of racial prejudice.

Israel.

The terrorism that established Israel and that it has continued to perpetrate can't be undone and neither can its existence. Nearly all countries exist only because foreigners invaded and drove the natives out. In the Americas it happened in the last 500 years, in Europe in maybe the last 5,000. Noever mind, it happened.

Until Israel as a 'Jewish State' is replaced by a 'State for Jews' (among others) there will never be peace in West Asia. It is all too frightening that fundamentalists of all three Biblical religions (four if that inculdes Mormons) need 'Armageddon' before the Messiah can arrive. Therefore peace delays His arrival and War is God's Will.
    Go away. We don't need this "Israel is the terrorist" religion-fueled nonsense. If Israel felt like being a terrorist nation, you wouldn't have any Palestinians to cry injustice or blow themselves up.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK1986 View Post
    9/11 like getting punched in the face? More like getting shot. So if someone shoots you, you shoot him. In fact, you should shoot him BEFORE he shoots you ideally. That's how it works with police. And yes, America IS relied on as the world's cop ever since 1918 when we saved Europe from Germany the FIRST time.
    On the anecdotes you were talking about earlier it is a punch in the face. You were the one to talk about countries as individual persons. If a terrorist kills 3000 civilians it is a punch in the face (or maybe a low blow) compared to U.S. killing all the people in Afghanistan, which is like killing a person. The neighbors who I was talking about are the other countries with similar governments or religions.

About america being police. It has appointed itself for the job. I repeat what I said earlier: Police is not police if he doesnt have legislators over him. If I rescue you from a bandit on the alley, I cannot call myself police from that day on.

And the US being a crusader...hahahahaha...that's just funny. If we were a crusader, we'd be in far more places than Iraq and Afghanistan.
    U.S. crusade is to spread its form of democracy. It can be done with or without guns, but the states have been using the guns lately.

As for your last comment: you're *damn right* I judge people by their worst. That's not called racism in my book. Know what that's called? Risk management. And I don't hate any groups of people, unless said groups of people decide to impose themselves on everyone else. The African Americans don't impose themselves, nor do the gays, nor do the Mormons or any other sects.
    Every group has its fundamental nuts. If it was possible to make a list of them, and if after that we applied your kill-all-of-their-people-before-they-make-a-move strategy, we would have a very very empty (and radioactive) world.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Every group has its fundamental nuts.

Which is why we don't hear about ANY other fundamental nuts, and when we do, it's much more of a "look at the idiot" kind of thing than "these nuts are out to get us" kind of thing.

There are 1.2 billion Muslims on this planet.

Thus if every group had its fundamental nuts, we should hear about non muslim nuts 4 times as much as muslim fundamental nuts.

We don't. You can blame the media all you like, but somehow it seems to be the countries in which religious muslim nuts are in highest concentration that are the world's problem, as opposed to only their own.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

For plenty of nations to be scared, it seems that the Pakistanis aren't scared since their troops are firing on ours simply because of national sovereignty (never mind the terrorists within their borders!).
    This is what I don't get.

How do you say that their national sovereignty is less important than hunt for terrorists? If, lets say, china wants to send troops to america fighting "terrorists" who live there, do you let them? USA needs to consider other countries as equals. That is really basic stuff.

Thus if every group had its fundamental nuts, we should hear about non muslim nuts 4 times as much as muslim fundamental nuts.

We don't. You can blame the media all you like, but somehow it seems to be the countries in which religious muslim nuts are in highest concentration that are the world's problem, as opposed to only their own.
    The other fundamental nuts are doing some other stuff killing some people that no one cares about in this media. Yes, it is a lot about media.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Which is where you and I differ. Not all countries ARE equal. The USA does more for the world than Pakistan does. In fact, if a high-profile terrorist was hiding within our borders (fat chance...he'd be found rapidly), I'd say we'd work with the world and if they wanted to send their agents over here to help in the hunt, I'd venture to say we'd not only let them, but accept their help willingly.

Furthermore, if a policeman wanted to inspect your property for something, would you turn him away if he had good cause? I'd say "how can I help you, officer?" ESPECIALLY if somewhere on that property there was something threatening not only to you but your neighbors.

Yes, the police analogy isn't perfect. No analogy is.

MBTI
    INFP

In my opinion it is really too late to remedy the problems the US has and we are going to see upheaval big time. Everything points to that. I hope it's staved off long enough for me to get outta here.

One of our major problems is our exponentially growing population. Add to that the huge amount of immigrants which we still welcome through tradition, though not wisely, and our humanity problems will cause a collapse of the system irregardless of terrorism.

I think blind optimism about maintaining the status quo would be better spent getting ready for the chaos.

The terrorists? They're already among us. No need to go looking for them half-way around the world. And not all of them are "towelheads."
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INTJ

Go away. We don't need this "Israel is the terrorist" religion-fueled nonsense. If Israel felt like being a terrorist nation, you wouldn't have any Palestinians to cry injustice or blow themselves up.
    Wow. Are you familiar with the creation of Israel at all?
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INFP

I'd say we'd work with the world and if they wanted to send their agents over here to help in the hunt, I'd venture to say we'd not only let them, but accept their help willingly.
    I'd like to believe this but it's doubtful. We have our own CIA, FBI and local law enforcement officers continually at odds with each other. Crime investigations are contstantly being botched because of the possessive attitudes. We certainly aren't going to allow any "foreigners" have a chance at the glory. Tsk.

Edit: I don't think many US citizens realize what a mess we have on our hands here. It ill behooves us to go looking for the arsonist when the barn is on fire.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ENTP

I thought that US and Pakistan were pretty friendly till about some time ago.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Which is where you and I differ. Not all countries ARE equal. The USA does more for the world than Pakistan does. In fact, if a high-profile terrorist was hiding within our borders (fat chance...he'd be found rapidly), I'd say we'd work with the world and if they wanted to send their agents over here to help in the hunt, I'd venture to say we'd not only let them, but accept their help willingly.
    Well, my point was that the chinese idea of a terrorist is different than U.S. view on terrorist.

But, tell me, if the countries are not equals, why do you rate U.S. so high? Only because it is "doing things" doesn't give it right to rule other countries. That is hardly democratic. I am all for democracy as it is the best system that people have come up with and I think that the countries in the world should be considered equals in order to make the world government a democracy. Now, USA is acting like the dictator of the world, while internally it is ruled by democracy. This is a huge contradiction.