User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    xNTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yeah. Like when he called the transgender kid out west a "freak boy" on the air, among other crappy things. Just wonderful stuff, you know.

You know, I hate all every one of these "entertainers" who pretends to be the voice of "real news." In actuality, they're just stirring up their particular constituents, and basically in order to make a living like everyone else; and I usually recognize them by their lack of respect for those they either disagree with or see as easy targets.

Thus I ignore them all.

If people just recognized it as "entertainment," I could laugh at it.
    Unfortunately in our culture it passes for critical thinking.
    I'd like to take this moment to point out that Glenn Beck does not consider himself to be a reporter or a journalist. He says repeatedly that he is not a journalist, an his show is not news. It is an opinion show.
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

But seriously.......... why Glenn Beck? lol

MBTI
    xNTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    But seriously.......... why Glenn Beck? lol
    He makes me think. Even when he pisses me off (which is fairly often). That, and my TV lives on CNN Headline news. I sleep to it. Something about Nancy Grace's southern accent and self-righteousness puts me out like a light.
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

In some ways, I find Beck (who I only know a little about, admittedly) and Stewart to be more constructive than O'Reilly, Olbermann, and the sort. Part of it is that they both make it clear that it's meant to be entertainment. But oddly enough, it's also that they both revel in making fun of / make pointed commentary towards what is really going on. To do that, they must do a fair amount of work and research to find out what is actually going on!

Strangely enough, by claiming their show isn't about journalism it almost frees them to do, well, actual journalism.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    He makes me think. Even when he pisses me off (which is fairly often). That, and my TV lives on CNN Headline news. I sleep to it. Something about Nancy Grace's southern accent and self-righteousness puts me out like a light.
    Really? I think Nancy Grace is just about the most terrible thing to happen to television in history. Seriously. At least with O'Reilly I get a good laugh (like when he repeatedly calls Snoop Dogg a pinhead, or when he got owned by that one kid from that Colorado High School over the drugs/sex speech). But Nancy Grace honestly makes me want to throw something through the screen every time I see her.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP

I think its her complete butchering and disregard of logic coupled with an EXTREMELY annoying personality.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Yes, that would be it. Don't forget her voice, though.

MBTI
    xNTJ

Aimahn and Orangey:

I didn't say I liked her. I said she put me to sleep.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
    Aimahn and Orangey:

I didn't say I liked her. I said she put me to sleep.
    I know...and I was saying that she could never put me to sleep because she makes me want to break things. Exactly the opposite of a soporific.

But if she puts you to sleep...awesome. Then you never have to listen to her (though I wouldn't want her voice playing in the background all night while I was sleeping...subliminal messages and all).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Is it just me or is Nancy kinda hot? Maybe its the domineering personality, or the country accent :p .