User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 103

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,636

    Default Why are University Students so Racist?

    Student columnist defends his op-ed celebrating ‘white death,’ says it isn’t racist - The College Fix

    Decades ago, I knew the educational system was giving Bloom's Taxonomy the boot. They started teaching to a political/social agenda, with the goal of improving race relations. Looks to me as though instead, they're steadily cranking out a group that's so obsessed with skin color it defies common sense and the reality of daily life.

    "A Texas State University student is standing behind his recent controversial op-ed published in the campus newspaper that argues “white death will mean liberation for all.”
    Likes magpie, Xann liked this post

  2. #2
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,742
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

  3. #3
    reflecting pool Typh0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,095

    Default

    I don't want to generalize about college kids specifically, but yeah it seems obsession with race is a real emotional current people align themselves with today.
    Likes biohazard liked this post

  4. #4
    Senior Member Yuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None
    Posts
    897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    Student columnist defends his op-ed celebrating ‘white death,’ says it isn’t racist - The College Fix

    Decades ago, I knew the educational system was giving Bloom's Taxonomy the boot. They started teaching to a political/social agenda, with the goal of improving race relations. Looks to me as though instead, they're steadily cranking out a group that's so obsessed with skin color it defies common sense and the reality of daily life.

    "A Texas State University student is standing behind his recent controversial op-ed published in the campus newspaper that argues “white death will mean liberation for all.”
    ...except that "white people" are the only ones who do not commonly breed like rabbits. Once people from the third world-with no concept of "too much" become the majority the human race will snuff itself out much quicker.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,636

    Default

    STDs hit a record high in 2016

  6. #6
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    STDs hit a record high in 2016
    Chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis, it fell for several others including HIV. Unfortunately those are also becoming/have become resistant to antibiotic therapy. Maybe that will kill the <insert race/ethnicity/gender> faster than anything else. We can only hope, right?
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes sLiPpY liked this post

  7. #7
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,810

    Default

    In the history of humanity has any decent lesson about suffering and pain been taught through attempting to subject those who merely look like the perpetrators to similar states of pain and suffering?

    Particularly an abstraction of pain and suffering you have not necessarily directly experienced. But I suppose just destroying something is an easier route than any other for people who don't like moral conundrums or complexity of situation.

    PS: maybe a clip around the ears to a kid who hits his/her siblings?
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.
    Likes sLiPpY, magpie liked this post

  8. #8
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuu View Post
    ...except that "white people" are the only ones who do not commonly breed like rabbits. Once people from the third world-with no concept of "too much" become the majority the human race will snuff itself out much quicker.
    Well, Stormfront-like ideas have certainly become a lot more popular. So much for the efficacy of left-wing call-out culture.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  9. #9
    Senior Member Yuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None
    Posts
    897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    Well, Stormfront-like ideas have certainly become a lot more popular. So much for the efficacy of left-wing call-out culture.
    “ storm-front like ideas.” “ call out culture”.

    I have no idea what you’re talking about.

  10. #10
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuu View Post
    “ storm-front like ideas.” “ call out culture”.

    I have no idea what you’re talking about.
    That sounded like something I would have expected to find on Stormfront, not that I really know.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Similar Threads

  1. The changes in the workforce aka why are those whippersnappers so lazy?
    By Laurie in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 204
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 10:31 PM
  2. So, Why Are You Up So Early/Late?
    By RansomedbyFire in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-21-2007, 03:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO