User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Influence is counted by the numbers of people who have their lives affected by the person of influence.

The initiation of the Third Reich and even to a greater extent the birth of the Soviet Union had more efficacy to shape the destiny of multitudes..
    than any other circumstance ever, in world history.

The outcome of the Great War.

Whoever started the WWI is the most influential person in history?
    No.

It is the one who could have prevented it.

MBTI
    INTP

Genghis Khan perhaps
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little hermit crab too!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Whoever started the WWI is the most influential person in history?

It is the one who could have prevented it.
    Oh, yes. That would have been Hildi Von Stroogenblatten, a 12-year-old girl who began dating a boy named Hans Gruten Himmlocken in the seventh grade.
    Her wily distraction and the furtive make-out session that occurred on March 16, 1901, prevented Hans from being present when a young man named Hitler began trying to bully around the younger boys a rubber mallet and a bucket of pig entrails. The ensuing scuffle would have resulted in Hitler falling from a parapet and becoming a paraplegic from the waist down.

Unable to walk, Hitler was forced to practice his artwork instead, and eventually become one of the best pen and ink artists of the 20th century, creating the notorious "Special Seconds" children that later became the inspiration of "Precious Moments."

Meanwhile, Hildi gave birth to Hans' child, Rapunzel, out of wedlock; and it was she who went on later (with quite a beautifully coiled coif) to lead Switzerland to domination over much of Europe, reigning in the third Golden Age with St. Bernards and Swiss Miss Cocoa and Swiss Army Knives for all...

oh wait. You said World War ONE... Hang on a moment, I need to look that one up.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Oh, yes. That would have been Hildi Von Stroogenblatten, a 12-year-old girl who began dating a boy named Hans Gruten Himmlocken in the seventh grade.
    Her wily distraction and the furtive make-out session that occurred on March 16, 1901, prevented Hans from being present when a young man named Hitler began trying to bully around the younger boys a rubber mallet and a bucket of pig entrails. The ensuing scuffle would have resulted in Hitler falling from a parapet and becoming a paraplegic from the waist down.

Unable to walk, Hitler was forced to practice his artwork instead, and eventually become one of the best pen and ink artists of the 20th century, creating the notorious "Special Seconds" children that later became the inspiration of "Precious Moments."

Meanwhile, Hildi gave birth to Hans' child, Rapunzel, out of wedlock; and it was she who went on later (with quite a beautifully coiled coif) to lead Switzerland to domination over much of Europe, reigning in the third Golden Age with St. Bernards and Swiss Miss Cocoa and Swiss Army Knives for all...

oh wait. You said World War ONE... Hang on a moment, I need to look that one up.
    Please check the spelling. These names have no record.
    Hitler was only 11 years old at the time.
    What was the geographical location where the incidence took place?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Please check the spelling. These names have no record.
    Hitler was only 11 years old at the time.
    What was the geographical location where the incidence took place?
    Since it was the History That Never Occurred and we were stuck with the Third Reich instead, any further questions are merely superfluous.

(Besides, I'm not an accredited historian.)

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Enneagram
    1w2

Why does this list have a distinct scientific bias? Do you all really think the most influential people have been nothing but scientists, mostly NTs at that? :rolli:

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Why does this list have a distinct scientific bias? Do you all really think the most influential people have been nothing but scientists, mostly NTs at that? :rolli:
    Well, the list is the History Channel's -- not anyone here's list.

And it covers a span of 1000 years. And it was 100 people, so I'm not sure what sort of people were in #11-100. (I would expect Ghandhi to be in there somewhere, for example.)

Most of the influential people outside of this century would either be scientists, artists, explorers, religious figures, or... military/royalty? Pioneers who went "someplace new" and advanced human culture. And many of these would have been N's, and especially NTs where science is concerned.

I wonder what the percentages were like in the other 90 as far as these categories go.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Since it was the History That Never Occurred and we were stuck with the Third Reich instead, any further questions are merely superfluous.

(Besides, I'm not an accredited historian.)
    Of course. The land of Oz.

Stupid of me.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Bushranger View Post
    Genghis Khan perhaps
    Alas the territory of Genghis was sparsely populated.
    Not much influence there per capita.

He had a lot of descendants though.
    They are found in Europe and America in great numbers.

These however descend from the antecedents of Genghis.
    The gene pool is not exactly a private property.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    The NTs have nothing to do with anything.

Apart from their dreams of course.