User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

*tents fingers*

Well, are you going to act like a politician here and point out what is wrong but not make any suggestions yourself?

I think that you can blame colonialism for that one by the way- which would be more your fault than mine
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    *tents fingers*

Well, are you going to act like a politician here and point out what is wrong but not make any suggestions yourself?

I think that you can blame colonialism for that one by the way- which would be more your fault than mine
    Was that referring to me? If so, I'm sorry.

I'd suggest James Watt (steam engine), who helped start the industrial revolution. If there is anyone better for the start of the industrial revolution, they'd replace him. ^.^ (it's hard to pinpoint one person)

And I'd suggest the monarchs of the time of Columbus, for their imperialistic ventures, which did change the world. I'm not saying Columbus didn't change it because he was genocidal, merely that someone would have taken his place. He was expendable. Although I dislike him in general.
    "'You scoundrel, you have wronged me,' hissed the philosopher. 'May you live forever!'" - Ambrose Bierce

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    *tents fingers*

Well, for your beautiful eyes only, I'll play this game.

I'll be glad to show my french biases to everybody!
    -But at least I won't pretend to be objective-

Hmmm... How do I begin?

1) Berthold Schwartz, the guy who introduced gunpowder in the western world (especially when you know what we westerners have done with it)

2) Louis Pasteur (without him, there wouldn't be 6 billion people on earth today)

3) Genghis Khan

4) Zhu Zaiyu, a chinese scholar who invented the 12-tone equal temperament (12 TET). The way we hear music today owes him more than a lot.

5) Werner Heisenberg, father of quantum mechanics (without him, computers wouldn't exist)

6) Karl Marx (I'm not saying this to defend marxism, though)

7) James Watt, the most important man of the industrial revolution

8) Baruch Spinoza (true father of modern philosophy under every aspects)

9) Napoleon Bonaparte (He spreaded both nationalism and the revolutionary ideas to the rest of the world)

10) Zhou Enlai, the real eminence grise who allowed China to enter the nuclear age and later, through Deng Xiaoping (his protég&#233, to eventually awake as the principal nation on earth.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by celesul View Post
    I'd suggest James Watt (steam engine), who helped start the industrial revolution. If there is anyone better for the start of the industrial revolution, they'd replace him. ^.^ (it's hard to pinpoint one person)
    Hey!

Once again, we had the same idea!
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INTP

Einstein? I did not read the whole post so I appologize if someone already mentioned him. I was going to say Da Vinci, but I would say looking at the modern age, more credit would go to e=mc^2.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    Einstein? I did not read the whole post so I appologize if someone already mentioned him. I was going to say Da Vinci, but I would say looking at the modern age, more credit would go to e=mc^2.
    Well,

1) In fact, the complete formula is E= (mc^2)/sqr(1-[v^2/c^2]), but the general public has retained a simplified version, easier to memorize...

2) Einstein has become a public icon (thanks to his odd look), but relativity is only useful in solar pannels and nuclear energy. That's a lot, but not as much as the everyday applications of quantum mechanics (computers, electronics, quantum chemistry, laser, MRI... etc...). IMHO, we owe a lot more to Heisenberg and Bohr than Einstein.
    Besides, I think the main concepts that lie behind quantum mechanics are far more revolutionary than "mainstream" science (like relativity).

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Edited

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    infp

People were talking about extreme cultural bias... so for fun I'll compile a list of the most influential people ever, and all of them will be Canadian

1) Alexander Graham Bell (born in Scotland, live din Canada, unveiled his invention in Philly, all three take claim as birthplace of telephone, although the invention itself took place in Ontario, I believe). He invented the phone... thats a big deal

2) Fredrick Banting. Insulin is a big deal, too.

3) Neil Young, for influencing country, folk/acoustic music, and hard rock. Yah... thats trailblazing on an epic scale.

4) Wayne Greztky, for his 1337 skillz and for making hockey big in L.A.

5) The guy who invented the sattelite

6) The guy who invented a really crappy lightbulb before Edison finally made one that worked proporly

7) David Suzuki, for making Canadians environmentally aware.

8) John A. McDonald, for proving to us that drinking on the job isn't always a bad idea, and at it's best can get you on the $10 bill, and at it's worst can make you pay chinese people a nickel a day to build a massive railroad.

9) Pierre Trudeau, for demonstrating that politicians can be badass mother fuckers, too. He's like Canada's Bill Clinton, except better.

10) Me. I think this is self explanatory.

Furthermore, I'd type them all as INFP's

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

:horor: how CANADIAN of you! How could you forget Pamela Anderson, for her work at making males everywhere happier She's from Canada from my understanding!

I'm a bit surprized that I'm the only one who had said Gregor Mendel though I would think that genetics would be of SOME importance to the modern world!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

She's from here...