User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you agree with the OP?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I lean towards the left and this is a real thing

5 18.52%
  • No, I lean towards the left and this is a fiction

3 11.11%
  • I lean towards the left I sort of agree and sort of don't (explain)

4 14.81%
  • Yes, I lean towards the right and this is a real thing

4 14.81%
  • No, I lean towards the right and this is a fiction

0 0%
  • I lean towards the right. I sort of agree and sort of don't (explain)

1 3.70%
  • I couldn't give a shit about politics

4 14.81%
  • Other (please elaborate)

6 22.22%
First 123412 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Is one side worse the other or are they the same?
    Please be real with me, do you honest to god not know the answer to this?
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I am, so SO sick of all of this "but all sides deserve a voice" bullshit. My tolerance for it at this point is pretty much gone. This is WHY we have trump. Because people can't get over the fact that yes, bad opinions and morals do exist and there should be no tolerance for them. It boggles my mind that people think it's genuinely impossible for someone to make correct judgements unless they sit on middle ground on everything and treat everything in a vacuum. It doesn't work.
    You don't believe in moral absolutes. It's amazing that you get so uptight about this stuff. Well, not really, this type of hypocrisy is totally predictable and I suppose it's preferable to the alternative.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it
    Likes SpankyMcFly, Zarathustra liked this post

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Every political forum I've visited seems to have started out heavily biased and have remained so. I'm not sure about non-political forums, but from Milo Yiannopolous' description of the gaming section at 4chan, it seems that there are places that shun politics even though most of the members are left-leaning.

I occasionally peruse several sports forums and political discussions do arise but I don't think these communities have become extreme at all. Political talk is usually confined to a thread or two and very seldom makes it into other threads.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.
    Likes LovecraftianMonstrosity liked this post

Is one side worse the other or are they the same?
    What do you mean side?
    There are ugly people who promote ignorance and violence. Whatever, political alliance they have is immaterial.
    Likes Survive & Stay Free, gromit, Cellmold liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    Every political forum I've visited seems to have started out heavily biased and have remained so. I'm not sure about non-political forums, but from Milo Yiannopolous' description of the gaming section at 4chan, it seems that there are places that shun politics even though most of the members are left-leaning.

I occasionally peruse several sports forums and political discussions do arise but I don't think these communities have become extreme at all. Political talk is usually confined to a thread or two and very seldom makes it into other threads.
    There's a pretty heavy "stick to sports" mantra at the sports forums I frequent, that seems similar no matter where. Unless it's Clay Travis, he's really the only legit exception to that.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    What do you mean side?
    There are ugly people who promote ignorance and violence. Whatever, political alliance they have is immaterial.
    Good question I mean are the people on the right or the ones on the left more guilty of dogma and ganging up on the opposition?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Good question I mean are the people on the right or the ones on the left more guilty of dogma and ganging up on the opposition?
    I think that's a loaded question that can't be sincerely answered.
    Why are you still intent on dividing this into 2 sides?
    Maybe the fact that people are forced into choosing between only 2 sides empowers people to be assholes because they see themselves as a part of a broader alliance they need to protect.
    It's simply not possible to answer your question outside of a very specific context.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I think that's a loaded question that can't be sincerely answered.
    Why are you still intent on dividing this into 2 sides?
    Maybe the fact that people are forced into choosing between only 2 sides empowers people to be assholes because they see themselves as a part of a broader alliance they need to protect.
    It's simply not possible to answer your question outside of a very specific context.
    Why?

I think it's an interesting question for this forum because we have a lot more members who are liberals than we do that are conservatives. Or perhaps that isn't true. The conservatives are there but they don't speak up in certain ways.

Do I feel pressure not to say what I think? No. I never have. I have felt like people with certain political positions are well... criticized? It seems interesting is all. Maybe I'm the only one observing this though and I could easily be wrong.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Why?
    If you're interested in hearing how people feel about treatment in this forum's context then that's fine and I'm sure it has some value to you. But, you can't answer the question in any sort of empirical way if you're speaking in broader social terms because you run into all sorts of data selection and definitional issues that will sway the outcome.

I still don't like the idea of looking at this only in terms of left and right.
    I mean, what do you call trump supporters? Trump is to the left of Rs on most of his policy positions and was a registered dem from 2000-2010. Many followers of Trump are blue-dog dems. Is he tearing apart the party because he's moving it to the left or to the right?
    Why should anyone sensible be lumped in with political idiots???

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I still don't like the idea of looking at this only in terms of left and right.
    I mean, what do you call trump supporters? Trump is to the left of Rs on most of his policy positions and was a registered dem from 2000-2010. Many followers of Trump are blue-dog dems. Is he tearing apart the party because he's moving it to the left or to the right?
    That's fair. In the last election, I voted all republican except for president in which case I voted for Hilary. I was literally depressed when he got elected. It felt like a sad day for the United States. On the other hand, I actually believe in a lot of the policies that he espouses. I agree with him. I just think he is a really ineffective leader in part because he is so inarticulate and unable to either inspire or get people to follow him. He certainly isn't able to get the populace behind him.

Tri-type 639
    Likes Typh0n, Falcarius liked this post