User Tag List

12 Last

Enneagram
    947 so/sx

Default Faculty member condemned for wearing headdress on Halloween...

... Even though, she's Native American.

Thoughts? Opinions? Questions?
    It's cold in hell.
    It's cold in hell, they said.
    It's cold in hell.
    In this endless winter.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Witch! Burn her at the stake!
    Likes magpie, Nørrsken, Cat Brainz liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    793 so/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ne

This is ridiculous and a example of SJWs who are focusing on the small picture over the bigger issues at large. i could see it as a local policy though that is being used by the media to stir up trouble and upset knowing that a lot of people will find this a outrageous story and get ranting and raving. Frankly this should both be dealt with locally as a farce by the body and seen as a boarder pattern of instutional rampant SJW outlooks. What I find a lot in SJWs is that the complain over small things but a lot seem oblivious to bigger problems such as dealing with the homeless,ill people (Physically and mentally), those who get genuine bad treatment for their creed,race,sexual orientation e.t.c. Im not saying that SJW is a bad thing just you need to solve real problems.
    http://kevan.org/jh/cat+brainze

http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Cat+Brainze

If one can look at things in a different reality mentally then you can always figure out a solution or at least escape the crap in front of ya

Trolling is a leisure activity and can be enjoyed but like anything else dont exceed your limits .

Enneagram
    947 so/sx

Being yourself is racist.

That's.. all I got from the article. The end.

Edit: Also love the mental gymnastics that they were pulling as to why she couldn't wear the headdress and because it wasn't part of her particular tribe. So what? Honestly, it's the idea behind her wanting to wear the headdress to celebrate who she is that should be respected, point blank.
    It's cold in hell.
    It's cold in hell, they said.
    It's cold in hell.
    In this endless winter.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm surprised she wore this...it's not a costume.
    Likes chickpea liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Sounds like someone thought their costume should have won first prize.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Brainz View Post
    This is ridiculous and a example of SJWs who are focusing on the small picture over the bigger issues at large. i could see it as a local policy though that is being used by the media to stir up trouble and upset knowing that a lot of people will find this a outrageous story and get ranting and raving. Frankly this should both be dealt with locally as a farce by the body and seen as a boarder pattern of instutional rampant SJW outlooks. What I find a lot in SJWs is that the complain over small things but a lot seem oblivious to bigger problems such as dealing with the homeless,ill people (Physically and mentally), those who get genuine bad treatment for their creed,race,sexual orientation e.t.c. Im not saying that SJW is a bad thing just you need to solve real problems.
    Well, if SJWism hadn't been completely ineffectual irrelevant nonsense, we probably wouldn't be dealing with President Trump right now. Being ineffectual and irrelevant is kind of the nature of the beast.

Edit:

Nevermind. Nobody mentioned that the people complaining were Native American. To me. that's way different than my mental image of a bunch of bored white people (which is what the word SJW conveys to me).
    This is not going to go the way you think....
    Visit my Johari: http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    793 so/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    Well, if SJWism hadn't been completely ineffectual irrelevant nonsense, we probably wouldn't be dealing with President Trump right now. Being ineffectual and irrelevant is kind of the nature of the beast.

Edit:

Nevermind. Nobody mentioned that the people complaining were Native American. To me. that's way different than my mental image of a bunch of bored white people (which is what the word SJW conveys to me).
    The complaint seems to stem mostly from the people upset that their culture was represented incorrectly which is a valid complaint as most people want to be represented correctly and I would say the case here is akin to a person in Russian national dress winning first place in a authentic Irish costume contest which would upset a lot of Irish people so I can see where they are coming from here. But yes anti-SJW folks will use this as a story for their agenda and I stand by the fact that it isn't a racist action but rather one of ignorance and lack of social and cultural awareness.
    http://kevan.org/jh/cat+brainze

http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Cat+Brainze

If one can look at things in a different reality mentally then you can always figure out a solution or at least escape the crap in front of ya

Trolling is a leisure activity and can be enjoyed but like anything else dont exceed your limits .

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Brainz View Post
    The complaint seems to stem mostly from the people upset that their culture was represented incorrectly which is a valid complaint as most people want to be represented correctly and I would say the case here is akin to a person in Russian national dress winning first place in a authentic Irish costume contest which would upset a lot of Irish people so I can see where they are coming from here. But yes anti-SJW folks will use this as a story for their agenda and I stand by the fact that it isn't a racist action but rather one of ignorance and lack of social and cultural awareness.
    To be honest I wouldnt care about that, I dont think many irish people would, there's way worse representations of the irish but most irish people dont worry about them even, like the common place idea of being violent drunks or cartoonish, red headed leprechauns.

There's a lot of overlap with sectarianism too though, which I guess is a thing, less and less so as the Irish are some of the most earnest people I've ever met in terms of secularism and all the modern liberal tropes, I'd expect the anti-irish stereotypes of the past to make little sense soon, though they'll be replaced with new ones I'm sure.
    It is a luxury to be understood - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities - Voltaire

A kind thought is the hope of the world - Anon

The KIVA Club better stay in their home and lock the doors. The world is too harsh.