Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by 6sticks View Post
    The Prohibition in the United States was started in large part by "conservative feminists" in the Woman's Christian Temperance Union, mainly to stop abusive men from harming their family.
    I want to invent time travel just to go back and stop them.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    If I were a mother and a wife, I would be very proud to be tied to my family--but I will be damned if I marry a man who is not equally tied to my family.
    Did you not read my post where I clearly stated that men's obligations to the family are prior to that of public life?

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I'm also a radical feminist though, so sucks to your ass-mar.
    There's exceptions to every rule my dear.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Did you not read my post where I clearly stated that men's obligations to the family are prior to that of public life?
    So how is this about feminism at all?
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I want to invent time travel just to go back and stop them.
    Yeah, sometimes bitchez just need to listen. And also bring me my whiskey.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    XNXP

But that doesn't change the fact that the basic essence of womanhood is found within the home.
    So would conservative feminism mean then that they would be advocating for an even more tightly coupled connection to the home than what has been the status quo ? Or does it mainly exist simply as an opposition to Leftist Feminism ?

Should women be satisfied with just knowing that they've raised a good family ? One of the reasons that the questions about "equal pay" came up is due to how they are compensated for their efforts. One can say that it really shouldn't matter if they trust their husbands to always look out for them, now and in the future; but we've all heard horror stories about why they might plausibly consider doing exactly the opposite of that.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

Sniffles

So how is this about feminism at all?
    You made the remark that Noah should prioritise his family over career, and I responded by saying that yes men have a priority to family over public life.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

You made the remark that Noah should prioritise his family over career, and I responded by saying that yes men have a priority to family over public life.
    I believe that parents should work together to develop their children emotionally, morally, and intellectually. This means that the mother is not primary; she's part of a team.

It sounds to me like you're trying to make a case for the family being the most important focus in society. I am totally for making families (where people choose to have them) the most important focus in people's lives, but I am not for pigeonholing women into "primary influence" in a family, potentially devaluing the influence of a father (and perhaps devaluing a woman's influence outside of her home, since it isn't the "most important" thing she does).
    INFJ

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    So would conservative feminism mean then that they would be advocating for an even more tightly coupled connection to the home than what has been the status quo ? Or does it mainly exist simply as an opposition to Leftist Feminism ?
    It certainly is a major challenge to the basic precepts of Leftist Feminism. But as I stated in my first post, the basic notion of women finding their basic essence in the home and family is one that's existed across the spectrum. The Anarchist Pierre-Joseph Proudhon was staunchly pro-family for example.

Another way to put it I guess is a greater stress on a more family-centered sense of femininity as opposed to the more career-centered one. So even if career becomes part of the equation, it revolves around the basic core of family. This basic logic also applies to men too, but in different ways. A good father is as vital to a healthy family as a good mother.

Should women be satisfied with just knowing that they've raised a good family ?
    Well that would be taking a mininmalist kind of approach. I personally think women(and even people in general) should aim towards a more maximalist approach to family and life.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Yeah, sometimes bitchez just need to listen. And also bring me my whiskey.
    How about bourbon my dear?