User Tag List

First 6141516

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    I'll answer!

For me, this rings ... almost completely untrue. "She does not think about sex" - um, nope. The more solid my relationship is, the more I think about sex, actually. What is this quote actually saying, am I not getting it? That it takes a real man to quell the sexuality of a woman? How? By having lots of sex with her? Or does she simply forget about sex because he's so manly? That seems counterintuitive, at least to my tiny female brain.
    I think she meant that she doesn't "think" about sex as in she doesn't "intellectualize" it and count all the social baggage that comes with it. It comes more natural to her so she can let herself go without overthinking it. thought blocks her sexual pleasure.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    If feminism was ever merely about equality it wouldn't have a gender specific focus in the root word, it would be "equalism" or something.
    Well, there is "equity feminism." That is opposed to "gender feminism."
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENTJ

I think she meant that she doesn't "think" about sex as in she doesn't "intellectualize" it and count all the social baggage that comes with it. It comes more natural to her so she can let herself go without overthinking it. thought blocks her sexual pleasure.
    If that's the correct interpretation the statement does make a lot more sense. Not saying I *agree* with it, but it makes sense that way. I don't know the context it was spoken in, though. Hmmm. OK, maybe I agree with it a bit, on a personal level (given Spartacuss' interpretation).
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    If feminism was ever merely about equality it wouldn't have a gender specific focus in the root word, it would be "equalism" or something.
    Baloney.
    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    ^ I definitely agree. Some people declare things feminist that I think have nothing to do with the equality of males and females.. taking the short story "The Yellow Wallpaper" or something like that for instance. It was more about the lack of education on mental illnesses than it was a landmark in feminist writings.
    Are you talking about the Yellow Notebook?
    Yes. For me it was really about the experience of being a writer and the process of writing /having a breakdown. The gender/political stuff was largely incidental. Maybe it was more ground-breaking at the time of publication. [/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    I don't see how it can be any more or less natural depending on relationship status. Thought blocks sexual pleasure? Really?

What does "put her to sleep" mean? It's really bugging me. Is she falling into a lie about falling into a lie, perhaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Baloney.
    Wise and thoughtful as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Well, there is "equity feminism." That is opposed to "gender feminism."
    If it contains the feminine root, to me it's about as credibly concerned with true justice as a kid screaming "NO FAIR!".

Someone probably already mentioned the fact that first wave feminists used racist tactics to advance their goals, but it bears repeating if anyone still thinks that equity feminists (who believe the early feminists were moral gods) are focused on equity more than feminism.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Wouldn't NOW support "what is in the best interest" of women?
    Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    Puh. They would support what is in the best interest of liberal, soul-less women!

But the fact that NOW actually supported a candidate, which I don't think they have done in the past, shows just how much they dislike Palin's conservative feminism.

BINGO!

You would think they'd be happy about "conservative feminism".