User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Isn't that from a novel? I don't know if that should be taken seriously in a debate on feminism.
    Why not? You don't think novelists make serious points?
    That book was pretty influential. I'm just not sure why....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Jeez. What part of "I'm interested in women's opinions" was unclear?
    What i'm gettin at is showing yet another manly opinion while also baiting some chicks, dude.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Women, conservative or otherwise, will all defend feminism. THEY"RE WOMEN. Giving equal schollorships is an example of the plight of a conservative woman. Sarah Palin is an example of "change" through political action. Nothing to do with feminism. Is she feminine? She's a woman. She just decides to give a wholelotta ass to one guy. Does giving small portions of ass to many partners make a woman more feminine? If so, you otta be livin in the 50's.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^You'd think so wouldn't you?
    You'd be wrong. Women are their own worst enemies.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Why not? You don't think novelists make serious points?
    That book was pretty influential. I'm just not sure why....
    I think that they can, but I don't see why this one novel in particular is so important. I think that there are other nonfiction books, essays, articles that are more germane to the conversation.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I think that they can, but I don't see why this one novel in particular is so important. I think that there are other nonfiction books, essays, articles that are more germane to the conversation.
    Well, it's my question, it's valid, and it wasn't addressed to you. If you want to discuss other books/feminist issues, start another thread.

MBTI
    ENTJ

I'll answer!

"When she loved a man again, she would return to normal: a woman that is, whose sexuality would ebb and flow in response to his. A woman's sexuality is, so to speak, contained by a man, if he is a real man: she is, in a sense, put to sleep by him, she does not think about sex."
    For me, this rings ... almost completely untrue. "She does not think about sex" - um, nope. The more solid my relationship is, the more I think about sex, actually. What is this quote actually saying, am I not getting it? That it takes a real man to quell the sexuality of a woman? How? By having lots of sex with her? Or does she simply forget about sex because he's so manly? That seems counterintuitive, at least to my tiny female brain.

Women, conservative or otherwise, will all defend feminism.
    There are a lot of women who think feminism is generally evil and destructive. (not necessarily including myself)
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    I'll answer!

For me, this rings ... almost completely untrue. "She does not think about sex" - um, nope. The more solid my relationship is, the more I think about sex, actually. What is this quote actually saying, am I not getting it? That it takes a real man to quell the sexuality of a woman? How? By having lots of sex with her? Or does she simply forget about sex because he's so manly? That seems counterintuitive, at least to my tiny female brain.
    I dunno. I was hoping someone else might. I actually had a strong physical reaction of the barfing variety when I read that, but I wanted to see what other women who might actually have met "real men" thought. lol

Thanks for answering!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Can a conservative man be a feminist? Or does conservativism come in a bundle?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    Can a conservative man be a feminist? Or does conservativism come in a bundle?
    GET. OUT.