First 111920212223 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    Maybe it's a financially and politically motivated decision. The market in dollars for such items is very small with products potentially offered by innovative product vendors that have little clout in the supply chain. The hassle it will cause the big gun companies that provide the money is not worth it. They offer to make a concession which isn't much of a concession by agreeing to outlaw this one thing.

I'm completely speculating here.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes SearchingforPeace, Starry liked this post

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Maybe it's a financially and politically motivated decision. The market in dollars for such items is very small with products potentially offered by innovative product vendors that have little clout in the supply chain. The hassle it will cause the big gun companies that provide the money is not worth it. They offer to make a concession which isn't much of a concession by agreeing to outlaw this one thing.

I'm completely speculating here.
    They already had banned it from their shooting ranges apparently as it caused wildly inaccurate shooting and was dangerous. I dont think they cared about bump stocks. It was suppose to go out with Obama law, but a bump stock company challenged and it was found to not meet qualification of the ban passed due to technicalities.

Only thing this stops in my eyes is a kid from grabbing his dads ar-15 with a bump stock and shooting up someplace. That reduction alone is worh the ban of them to me. It takes it out of 99% of population and make scenarios like this less likely. It wont stop everything.
    Im out, its been fun

Enneagram
    8w9

Why are those two things necessary or desirable?
    What is the positive impact of restricting the items? Given the popularity of suppressors in Europe, and the lack of rifles used in murders of any kind, none that I can see.

More specifically, the state generally needs to show a compelling interest for a prohibition of this kind. The crime stats don't back such an interest.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    What is the positive impact of restricting the items? Given the popularity of suppressors in Europe, and the lack of rifles used in murders of any kind, none that I can see.

More specifically, the state generally needs to show a compelling interest for a prohibition of this kind. The crime stats don't back such an interest.
    I'm clearly no expert. I don't know what the danger of a suppressor would be. It seems relatively innocuous to me. As to SBRs, I presume they have been outlawed for a reason (they are easy to conceal or something). I recall seeing movies depicting the 20s where they were used by gangsters. National Firearms Act - Wikipedia

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Earlier in the day, I spoke to another Las Vegas resident and gun-rights advocate, who has a personal collection of more than a hundred firearms. He asked that I not use his name. “Guns are very common in Las Vegas,” he said. “Way more than in other cities. My co-worker just had a gun pointed at him on the expressway, driving home last Wednesday.” When a shooting happens, he thinks, “I hope that’s not someone I know.” And sometimes, he said, it is. Some local gun shops, he told me, sell by “playing up fear of local gangs.”
    The fear-based close. If you have to incite fear in a prospective client to make a deal, you suck at what you do. Losers.

“I Sell Tools”: A Las Vegas Firearms Dealer Who Sold Guns to Stephen Paddock | The New Yorker

Enneagram
    8w9

I'm clearly no expert. I don't know what the danger of a suppressor would be. It seems relatively innocuous to me. As to SBRs, I presume they have been outlawed for a reason (they are easy to conceal or something). I recall seeing movies depicting the 20s where they were used by gangsters. National Firearms Act - Wikipedia
    I'll be happy to get into the NFA of 1934 give me a bit.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    ESE Si

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    In this instance, it's more about overcompensation, a warped definition of maleness plus breathtaking fear and insecurity surrounding that issue. Less about an actual anal intrusion. No one is actually talking about a legit sexual encounter which, is private.
    So it's like a competition to test who is more manly?
    ESFJ 6w5-9w8-2w3 sp/so
    Likes Xann liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Quint View Post
    So it's like a competition to test who is more manly?
    Yes. But the idea of man-ness is extremely warped and twisted - I think that's fairly easy to see. Why did an American try to kill 500-600 other Americans? The only issue seems to be "Americans" in that question. Americans regularly kill that many civilians in the varied, very long term and numerous military situations all over the world and those people are told to shut the fuck up when they protest. It is upheld as the pinnacle of American "rightness".

Why do you think so many Americans have firearms? Why do you think they resolve so many issues with firearms? Why is their gun and accessory collection so worth showing off? Part of the scenery of the most recent evolution of maleness - they all want to be Chris Kyle or think they are. And if a man that recognizes a problem and publicly says so, this is what he gets. It's a strong argument against not bucking the man system.

Phoenix man posts photos of giving up his guns, gets death threats | 12NEWS.com

Even though Pring’s post was deleted, a number of Facebook users are continuing to spread screen shots of the original — along with his home address and threatening comments.

“HES UNARMED AND WANTS YOU TO SHOW HIS WIFE A GOOD TIME WHILE HE WATCHES!!!!” wrote one Facebook user, in a post still online Friday morning.

Gun-loving Facebook users insisted Pring had bought the weapons the morning he gave them up, and disputed their relative firepower and effectiveness.

Others offered to buy him one-way tickets to Chicago, where they believed he would encounter gun violence.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    ESE Si

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Yes. But the idea of man-ness is extremely warped and twisted - I think that's fairly easy to see. Why did an American try to kill 500-600 other Americans? The only issue seems to be "Americans" in that question. Americans regularly kill that many civilians in the varied, very long term and numerous military situations all over the world and those people are told to shut the fuck up when they protest. It is upheld as the pinnacle of American "rightness".

Why do you think so many Americans have firearms? Why do you think they resolve so many issues with firearms? Why is their gun and accessory collection so worth showing off? Part of the scenery of the most recent evolution of maleness - they all want to be Chris Kyle or think they are. And if a man that recognizes a problem and publicly says so, this is what he gets. It's a strong argument against not bucking the man system.

Phoenix man posts photos of giving up his guns, gets death threats | 12NEWS.com
    Yeah, you made your point. It's part of a larger issue. America has made an evil idea of what manliness is all about. The only thing we can really do is to try to explain that it's problematic, and hope that people will listen, but we can't make them cooperate. Why? Free will.
    ESFJ 6w5-9w8-2w3 sp/so

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Quint View Post
    Yeah, you made your point. It's part of a larger issue. America has made an evil idea of what manliness is all about. The only thing we can really do is to try to explain that it's problematic, and hope that people will listen, but we can't make them cooperate. Why? Free will.
    Give it time...our perception of "man" is changing. Old school thought is dying and people are kicking and screaming about it. Millenials are a key point in this change.

Canada tried to define a "man" and included everyone with something dangling between legs. In America we would put stipulation...we only want real men who follow the stereotype. The better they follow the better we can define "man".
    Im out, its been fun
    Likes Quint, ceecee liked this post