User Tag List

Default Ameria lead the way in drug trafficking

So, I just watched Made In America a few days ago, greatest docu movie I saw since Lord of War, both are no doubt fictionalised accounts but what do you think about the movie, have you seen it? What do you think about the fact that the US pioneered drug trafficking and made such famous psychopaths as Pablo Escobar what they were?
    It is a luxury to be understood - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities - Voltaire

A kind thought is the hope of the world - Anon

Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Haven't seen the movie, but I do believe the war on drugs has created the criminality and violence that are direct result of it.

My solution is a radical one but I believe that legalizing all drugs is the way to go.

Why ban anything? Historically speaking, the banning of psychoactives is something new and has nothing to do with keeping people safe. It has to do with finding a legal way to imprison certain demographics. The US government under Reagan made it so that possesion of crack cocaine was one hundred times more severe than regular cocaine. Most experts also say there actually isn't much of a difference between crack and regular coke, in terms of what the substance is and does to you, but the hype about crack as being some kind of monster never really went away. And this legislation, making crack one hundred times worse a crime than coke, was done to criminalize a certain demographic (low-income african americans).

And now, with meth becoming popular, low-income whites are also being criminalized, and many white folks are now seeing why the war ond drugs exists and what its consequences are.